Chulalongkorn University progressing on domestic mRNA vaccine

Thaiger

With Covid-19 battering Thailand and the third wave bringing the Sinovac-resistant Delta variant to the forefront of the pandemic, Thailand’s slow vaccine rollout is further burdened by the ineffectiveness of the Chinese made traditional vaccine that a majority of inoculations are using. AstraZeneca provides more protection, and talk of booster shots have come after mixing vaccine doses has begun. But mRNA vaccines have been shown to be far more effective against mutations and strains, although Thailand has struggled to import them. Chulalongkorn University has been chugging along on the development of their own mRNA vaccine that could be produced locally, […]

The post Chulalongkorn University progressing on domestic mRNA vaccine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I cringe seeing this, snobby Chula wants to save Thailand, it's too late. It's not too late to just import a shitload of moderna and Pfizer and save Thailand from collapsing completely.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ElMariachi said:

I cringe seeing this, snobby Chula wants to save Thailand, it's too late. It's not too late to just import a shitload of moderna and Pfizer and save Thailand from collapsing completely.

They will be going to re-invent the wheel, whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Great news! South-east Asia needs a long term solution and there should be immediate access to mRNA vaccines within the region. There are many countries with manufacturing capabilities and Thailand could be one of them. It is not advantageous for them to be dependent on the West for vaccines when more variants could be on the horizon.

Making a vaccine is one thing. Scaling up to produce and distribute in millions is a different ballgame. It's not a coincidence that a small German bio-firm (Biontech) is teamed up with Pfizer. There's a situation today which should be addressed ASAP and not 1-2-3 years from today. Having said that, doing research to prevent future pandAmics with local capacity is not foolish at all. :)

Edited by BookShe
  • Like 1

I am astonished that a University says that all Mrna vaccines should be transported with -70°... When Moderna vaccine must only be kept at abt -20° for transport, then -8° to storage B4 jab given! But can be kept in a fridge  5° for few days B4 inoculated... Only Pfizer one needs freezing temperatures but it's also the most efficient!

1 minute ago, Felix said:

I am astonished that a University says that all Mrna vaccines should be transported with -70°... When Moderna vaccine must only be kept at abt -20° for transport, then -8° to storage B4 jab given! But can be kept in a fridge  5° for few days B4 inoculated... Only Pfizer one needs freezing temperatures but it's also the most efficient!

All of the magnets on the LHC are electromagnets – magnets in which the magnetic field is produced by the flow of electric current. The LHC's main magnets operate at a temperature of 1.9 K (-271.3°C), colder than the 2.7 K (-270.5°C) of outer space.

If they can make this (-271.3°C) temperature in the whole 27 Km of LHC I'm sure they can manage the -70° if that is what it takes just bring here the damn things NOW. :)

Great news. The mRNA technology can also be applied to other vectors and/or diseases in the future. This research although aimed at Covid19, is revolutionary.

If it turns out, that the Chula vaccine is effective, and that it is a fact it has to be handled at very low temperatures, will be not a major problem and also that it could be used early next year, then I consider this good news.

The more options of effective vaccines the better.

11 hours ago, ElMariachi said:

There's just one little flaw in your cunning plan.

Moderna and Pfizer don't have a shitload available.

11 hours ago, Felix said:

I'm astonished that you're astonished, since Chula don't say that and nor does the Thaiger article.

On second thoughts, maybe I'm not that astonished here .....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ElMariachi said:

oh yea? Japan and Australia has ordered a shitload too and are waiting for their turn.

so is many other countries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, javada88 said:

If it turns out, that the Chula vaccine is effective, and that it is a fact it has to be handled at very low temperatures, will be not a major problem and also that it could be used early next year, then I consider this good news.

The more options of effective vaccines the better.

If - that's 100 dollar question. It will be a first if Thailand actually invents something that benefits mankind. So far they have lay claimed to the bum gun invention disputed of course. 

While it may not have immediate benefits this year or next I think it is a good thing for Thailand to have a credible mRNA research program. mRNA technology will be useful to address Covid and other diseases now and in the future. Thailand is already a medical treatment destination. Having drug development and additional manufacturing capacity is consistent with their investment in the medical field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martyp said:

While it may not have immediate benefits this year or next I think it is a good thing for Thailand to have a credible mRNA research program. mRNA technology will be useful to address Covid and other diseases now and in the future. Thailand is already a medical treatment destination. Having drug development and additional manufacturing capacity is consistent with their investment in the medical field.

"Thailand is already a medical treatment destination"

Yes hundreds of thousands rushed to Thailand when they announced they had found the cure for aids. Now let's see how did that work out ?

https://www.voanews.com/archive/thai-inventors-claim-develop-first-aids-cure-2002-07-13

So guess when they come up with the next "miracle cure" the airlines will be pleased with the rush for tickets.

4 hours ago, gummy said:

If - that's 100 dollar question. It will be a first if Thailand actually invents something that benefits mankind. So far they have lay claimed to the bum gun invention disputed of course. 

I for one am encouragedby their efforts. It appears that they are teamed up with SEAMO medical research laboratory (or whatever it's called today). Used to be very good and probabily still is. 

My suggestion is to avoid the negative comments that have no factual basis and support those who are trying to do something good. It's easy to throw stones based on personal ***.

12 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I for one am encouragedby their efforts. It appears that they are teamed up with SEAMO medical research laboratory (or whatever it's called today). Used to be very good and probabily still is. 

My suggestion is to avoid the negative comments that have no factual basis and support those who are trying to do something good. It's easy to throw stones based on personal ***.

And my suggestion is to open your eyes more, stop pretending everything is down to someones personal agenda and perhaps rather do your research regarding you belly aching about "that have no factual basis"  and be  mindful of previous claims by Thailand regarding cures, that did not meet their claims. Here two for you below, there are more, so you can day dream and wish for things as much as you like but facts are facts.

https://www.voanews.com/archive/thai-inventors-claim-develop-first-aids-cure-2002-07-13

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/435516/siriraj-claims-breakthrough-antibody-treatment-could-cure-ebola

13 hours ago, gummy said:

And my suggestion is to open your eyes more, stop pretending everything is down to someones personal agenda and perhaps rather do your research regarding you belly aching about "that have no factual basis"  and be  mindful of previous claims by Thailand regarding cures, that did not meet their claims. Here two for you below, there are more, so you can day dream and wish for things as much as you like but facts are facts.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/435516/siriraj-claims-breakthrough-antibody-treatment-could-cure-ebola

Sorry but you seem to be lacking experience or knowledge on Medical and/or general scientific research, or how it is done. Contributions are often small but add to the overall picture. I for one never would put down efferts to find cures and congradulate the Chula scientists in their efforts. 

I have no interest debating the issue as is the norm on TVF or rack up points for postings. I just offer my honest opinion. 

5 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Sorry but you seem to be lacking experience or knowledge on Medical and/or general scientific research, or how it is done. Contributions are often small but add to the overall picture. I for one never would put down efferts to find cures and congradulate the Chula scientists in their efforts. 

I have no interest debating the issue as is the norm on TVF or rack up points for postings. I just offer my honest opinion. 

If you have no interests in debating yet you do. Sign of a hypocrite that, say one thing do another, especially when you clearly have no experiance or knowledge of the subject matter but like pretending you do. Like all bickering hypocrites you are another on ignore.