Jump to content

Any other Thai chefs/cooks/foodies here?


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That got cheese also?

 

 

I am pretty sure that it had....... it was a couple of weeks ago and the bar/restaurant is closed now (stock photo from Zoo bar in Bang Saray).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2021 at 6:53 AM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

Do you follow Pai's YouTube channel? She's in Vancouver. https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/about/

Edit: I just noticed her cookbook on your shelf. :-)

Edited by SomTum
Noticed something...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Just checking if anyone else has a passion for Thai food, regardless of living in Thailand? I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

I've got a pretty extensive collection of Thai cookbooks as well!

For me, one of the dishes I miss the most and it encapsulates what I love about simple Thai food done perfectly, is a delicious bowl of Khao Tom or Jok. As easy as it would be for me to recreate, nothing is quite like eating some Khao Tom Pla or Moo in a little stall or restaurant with a shitty plastic chair and a dirty bottle of white pepper always within reach. I love it and miss it dearly.

image0.jpeg

Wow, nice book collection!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Just checking if anyone else has a passion for Thai food, regardless of living in Thailand? I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

I've got a pretty extensive collection of Thai cookbooks as well!

For me, one of the dishes I miss the most and it encapsulates what I love about simple Thai food done perfectly, is a delicious bowl of Khao Tom or Jok. As easy as it would be for me to recreate, nothing is quite like eating some Khao Tom Pla or Moo in a little stall or restaurant with a shitty plastic chair and a dirty bottle of white pepper always within reach. I love it and miss it dearly.

image0.jpeg

Hello ThaiFoodGuy, I love your books! I have to order some ingredients online, can’t get them in the supermarket. 

It’s great that you are in Canada but still cooking Thai dishes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

I have to order some ingredients online, can’t get them in the supermarket.

Are you in Canada too? I know of a few places online that have some great ingredients but I have an Asian grocery supplier here in Ottawa who can get literally anything I need for Thai food ingredients :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Are you in Canada too? I know of a few places online that have some great ingredients but I have an Asian grocery supplier here in Ottawa who can get literally anything I need for Thai food ingredients :p

 No, but I think it’s hard in all countries. Outside Thailand. It’s really great that you find a way.

i went to some other countries, always surprised Thai ingredients are difficult. It’s a major food of the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use