Jump to content

Black Club Covid-19 outbreak on Koh Samui widens


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spanawaybob said:

there is only one way to put this pandemic in check is a total nationwide stay at home order, essential businesses means grocery stores  and medical facilities only.  wasted too much time already , Phuket Sandbox is a pipedream , why would any sane vaccinated tourist  want to come and be still be in quarantine +restricted to travel? 

Stay at home idea will not end the covid.   Vaccines will prevent the illness from becoming critical for most people.  That is all that is needed....vaccinations.

It seems people do not understand that even if you are vaccinated you can contract covid.  If vaccinated you will not need to visit hospital most likely. 

Koh Samui tourists are all vaccinated. End of story.  

It is bizarre and unrealistic to think any flu/coronavirus can be fully eradicated.  Remember every year for the last 40 years people have gotten swine flus and avian flus....if you had a vaccine you are protected as much as possible, yet people still get sick and die from influenzas all around the world and always will.

Point is flu/coronavirus' will always be with us and will always be critical for some people. 

Get vaccinated and enjoy your life, you are as protected as modern science can make you...

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, poohy said:

Please elucidate i am lying on my settee if that helps

Well, is it hard, because that changes the angle?

*please note I am referring to Kh Poohy's settee*

 

?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, poohy said:

As a tourist i really fail to see how Phuket or koh Samui are vaguely appealing at this moment in time

Thailand is really nice when there aren't many tourists. Sucks for the people who make their livings taking care of 40M people a year but nice if you want to brave the bureaucracy and only put up with 10K in the entire country.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Well, is it hard, because that changes the angle?

*please note I am referring to Kh Poohy's settee*

?

 

2Q==.jpg

Edited by poohy
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had get tested as some of my friends tested positive. Luckily, my test came back negative. And also lucky that my Thai friends told me about the situation, because all communication is in Thai. It's hard to get news in Koh Samui, there are only a few official Facebook pages that shares COVID information on the island and it's all in Thai.

The black is usually packed with unvaccinated foreigners. It has been really hard for foreigners to get vaccinated, while all Thais (18+) have been vaccinated. I managed to get my first shot of AstraZeneca a month ago after a lot of running around and asking everyone how to sign up. A lot of foreigners don't know they could get tested and I only saw a few at the testing facilities. This cluster will be hard to stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 9:11 PM, BookShe said:

Careful with your fake information. The czar already said 4 weeks or 6 at most. 

Thai government bans media distribution of news or content that could instill fear in the public or distort information, causing misunderstanding during the period of emergency and affect the national security, peace and order. Any violator will be prosecuted: Royal Gazette

You talk about the mr who want Thailand to destroy and make it to a hell and to 1984?

<deleted non-approved LINK>

But nobody will invest anymore in Thailand and no tourists anymore maybe some from North Korea and he can ask for money at North Korea. And by the way all their assets and foreign currencies and loans they take is over europe(Germany swiss), usa and Japan because nobody would put his money into China or take loans in chinese money. Even the Chinese make their invests in western countries or try to put all out of China. This loosers can hurt only themself and shooting themself, sometimes they not even realize this is their own leg they put the gun on and shoot. Buffaloes are much more inteligent like them but guess this cowards are to stupid to know that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess that the Island is not part of Thailand and does not not have to adhere to emergency decree orders. a little levity. I saw pictures of a packed venue, no masks and alcohol on the tables. What were the patrons thinking, they weren't, time to pay the price. A person commented on another venue that you dont see foreigners getting the virus only thai people. Maybe the news should differentiate between foreigners and thai people the infection rates.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, Stardust said:

You talk about the mr who want Thailand to destroy and make it to a hell and to 1984?

<deleted non-approved LINK>

But nobody will invest anymore in Thailand and no tourists anymore maybe some from North Korea and he can ask for money at North Korea. And by the way all their assets and foreign currencies and loans they take is over europe(Germany swiss), usa and Japan because nobody would put his money into China or take loans in chinese money. Even the Chinese make their invests in western countries or try to put all out of China. This loosers can hurt only themself and shooting themself, sometimes they not even realize this is their own leg they put the gun on and shoot. Buffaloes are much more inteligent like them but guess this cowards are to stupid to know that.

If the Thais not stop this cowards they can prepare themself for empty supermarkets and waiting in lines for some products like in North Korea. The people starting already put their so called hot money out (Thai bonds) that means the liquidity problem for Thailand is starting and putting it in western currencies, this results in lesser demand for baht and the luiquid problem becomes bigger. By the way exactly like the 97 crash happened. And this is happening already and if they are cowards they will open the flood gate now then the last option is the imf but they will give a shit what these cowards thinks and have their conditions like you need at bankruptcies to save and restart a country. But one is sure their creditors who financed their household deficits for refinance already same like the creditors from Thaiairways not wanna a payback in North Korean money or Chinese money all loans were in usd or Euro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, Stardust said:

You talk about the mr who want Thailand to destroy and make it to a hell and to 1984?

<deleted non-approved LINK>

But nobody will invest anymore in Thailand and no tourists anymore maybe some from North Korea and he can ask for money at North Korea. And by the way all their assets and foreign currencies and loans they take is over europe(Germany swiss), usa and Japan because nobody would put his money into China or take loans in chinese money. Even the Chinese make their invests in western countries or try to put all out of China. This loosers can hurt only themself and shooting themself, sometimes they not even realize this is their own leg they put the gun on and shoot. Buffaloes are much more inteligent like them but guess this cowards are to stupid to know that.

Very harsh there @Stardust But very much true.  But high stakes investors know how to make money - whether the country is in disarray like Myanmar, or as solid and stable as Australia.

Thailand is no longer the attractive investment option it used to be, except for those who invest enough to get Government projects. The number one upside of investing in Government run programs/business, is that they will always pay (eventually).   But for private enterprise to attract investments they need to show that they are 'bankrupt proof' and that they have genuine reasons for profits - now and in future. It is the private business that was destroyed in China and USSR and replaced with Govt run organisations. 

The truth however is that over time, just like in USSR, Govts always run out of money because they eventually use more than they can generate.  Private businesses are the only true long term future in any country - it is they that grow and will pay the taxes.  Some fail and some succeed, but overall they succeed,  and the result is more employment and more taxes being paid.   Thailand is at a crossroad - do they go down the path of Govt or Business.  Unless the Junta/Govt is removed in 2023 at the next election, things will not change in the direction Thailand is going - and that is Govt replacing Business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Very harsh there @Stardust But very much true.  But high stakes investors know how to make money - whether the country is in disarray like Myanmar, or as solid and stable as Australia.

Thailand is no longer the attractive investment option it used to be, except for those who invest enough to get Government projects. The number one upside of investing in Government run programs/business, is that they will always pay (eventually).   But for private enterprise to attract investments they need to show that they are 'bankrupt proof' and that they have genuine reasons for profits - now and in future. It is the private business that was destroyed in China and USSR and replaced with Govt run organisations. 

The truth however is that over time, just like in USSR, Govts always run out of money because they eventually use more than they can generate.  Private businesses are the only true long term future in any country - it is they that grow and will pay the taxes.  Some fail and some succeed, but overall they succeed,  and the result is more employment and more taxes being paid.   Thailand is at a crossroad - do they go down the path of Govt or Business.  Unless the Junta/Govt is removed in 2023 at the next election, things will not change in the direction Thailand is going - and that is Govt replacing Business.

It is maybe much worser already but they cannot say it at the moment but maybe some of what is already official like the Airbus deal with a hub for u tapao, Siemens went out in many fields from deals with Thai gov, like the Thailand 4.0 , etc etc. The cards of the house are already falling a while . And what do you think who would go into a business wit a gov who has to refinance by loans their househould deficits or who will give them the loans for to do gov business? And what will happen with the bonds if there are no more invests and demand for baht? And what will happen when more and more go out of the bonds. And with this created liquidity problem how they wanba invest in gov projects or any project and business. I am not talking about predictions it is about current problems and past events. They quited already a lot . Check about how many already quit and left also a lot of the sme companies ir projects.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is maybe much worser already but they cannot say it at the moment but maybe some of what is already official like the Airbus deal with a hub for u tapao, Siemens went out in many fields from deals with Thai gov, like the Thailand 4.0 , etc etc. The cards of the house are already falling a while . And what do you think who would go into a business wit a gov who has to refinance by loans their househould deficits or who will give them the loans for to do gov business? And what will happen with the bonds if there are no more invests and demand for baht? And what will happen when more and more go out of the bonds. And with this created liquidity problem how they wanba invest in gov projects or any project and business. I am not talking about predictions it is about current problems and past events. They quited already a lot . Check about how many already quit and left also a lot of the sme companies ir projects.

Yep - a lot have either left or scaled back their operations since the Junta/Govt took over in 2014.  The only way to attract them back and for investors to provide the needed capital, is for Business to again become the main strategic direction of the Thai Govt, and that means a different Govt in 2023.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - a lot have either left or scaled back their operations since the Junta/Govt took over in 2014.  The only way to attract them back and for investors to provide the needed capital, is for Business to again become the main strategic direction of the Thai Govt, and that means a different Govt in 2023.   

Well I'm afraid I do not have your same level of confidence that a different government in 2023 will provide investors with any more confidence. I think business around the world now fully undertsand, illustrated by this puppet government, it is not an elected government that calls the tune in Thailand, even if the election was rigged.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well I'm afraid I do not have your same level of confidence that a different government in 2023 will provide investors with any more confidence. I think business around the world now fully undertsand, illustrated by this puppet government, it is not an elected government that calls the tune in Thailand, even if the election was rigged.

I fear the same because if the business already left it is very difficult to bring them back because a lot of trust is destroyed by this cowards but on the other hand to save Thailand on the long run they have no other other choice to get rid of the cowards and elect a competent democratic government. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

I fear the same because if the business already left it is very difficult to bring them back because a lot of trust is destroyed by this cowards but on the other hand to save Thailand on the long run they have no other other choice to get rid of the cowards and elect a competent democratic government. 

Since the junta rewrote the constitution so that they will always be in control that probably won't happen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree about people getting vaccines will have a optimistic outlook on pandemic ;the population has already adapted to social distancing when shopping  and washing hands  and using hand sanitizers  and when appropriate wearing face masks ? IMHO THIS IS A NO BRAINER APPROACH AND SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE MUSCLE MEMORY BY NOW !  I’M 67yo NOW AND HAVE BEEN KEEPING BASIC PREVENTATIVE SANITARY PRACTICES SINCE I WAS KNEE HIGH TO A COW PILE !  
I’m new to these forums so have to forgive me if I stepped on any toes, been living here since Jan/2021?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BookShe said:

Half of the people who showed up for the free testing (Allegedly organized by the club owner for a PR stunt) never been to this club. Not to mention that people from the previous night's party were still sleeping when this testing took place at 1 PM.

Those whom where 'smart' enough to go to Nathon hospital have been asked to quarantine... whatever the result of the test was according to somebody whom went there (and didn't even went to Black). So pay the already too high price (2000+ baht) for the PCR test and get quarantine as a outcome anyways rather it's positive or negative. Due to this mostlikely being DELTA and DELTA can sleep for 7 days.

People are just dumb right stupid:
1. Club/bar owners are in it for the money no deformation applied here, as I just mean it in a more wide sense... everyone with a club/bar is trying to make up for the 'loss' and just regard the Bangkok rules. Bangkokians are here to party harder then ever... so guess what the origin of the infections was.
2. People attending these mass parties vaccinated or not are there based on a false form of security. This place is allowed to be open by Police/Authorities so it's safe right.

What fascinates me the most during this COVID period is the greed and human behavior (especially from Bangkokians, oh cannot party at home anymore let's take daddies car and go party elsewhere).

 

Edited by Shark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MikeW said:

Since the junta rewrote the constitution so that they will always be in control that probably won't 

Yes I know they are empty heads and even not realize when they are pointing their guns on their own leg and shoot. But the sad thing is their creditor will not care about and they maybe why the ants have a big mouth. Look at their competence and where they have their assets and who is their creditor and it is not China. Even the Chinese bring their money and assets out of China and nobody inside and who wanna loans in Chinese money or North Korean money? And why not stay in China and go Europe and Germany. And dho is their creditor same like who is the creditor of Thairways it is Germany, Swiss, USA and Japan. They like to make suicide but who can stop somebody without a brain? The Thais have to choose if they wanba live in a bankrupt poor 4th world and dictatorship and not even can feed their children.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shark said:

Those whom where 'smart' enough to go to Nathon hospital have been asked to quarantine... whatever the result of the test was according to somebody whom went there (and didn't even went to Black). So pay the already too high price (2000+ baht) for the PCR test and get quarantine as a outcome anyways rather it's positive or negative. Due to this mostlikely being DELTA and DELTA can sleep for 7 days.

People are just dumb right stupid:
1. Club/bar owners are in it for the money no deformation applied here, as I just mean it in a more wide sense... everyone with a club/bar is trying to make up for the 'loss' and just regard the Bangkok rules. Bangkokians are here to party harder then ever... so guess what the origin of the infections was.
2. People attending these mass parties vaccinated or not are there based on a false form of security. This place is allowed to be open by Police/Authorities so it's safe right.

What fascinates me the most during this COVID period is the greed and human behavior (especially from Bangkokians, oh cannot party at home anymore let's take daddies car and go party elsewhere).

You talk about smart but if you smart enough to understand who is behind that greed and madness? And are you smart enough that they are big loosers because their competence is lower than from a buffalo? A ant who wanna challenge a tiger is a laughing stock!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You talk about smart but if you smart enough to understand who is behind that greed and madness? And are you smart enough that they are big loosers because their competence is lower than from a buffalo? A ant who wanna challenge a tiger is a laughing stock!

Oh I forget to tell you but sometimes a mosquito can be more dangerous than a tiger. And scare more the mosquito in the day than in the nightime!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Oh I forget to tell you but sometimes a mosquito can be more dangerous than a tiger. And scare more the mosquito in the day than in the nightime!

Or make it more simple which leg they shoot it is their own so who will be the looser? Or you living in a dream world or bubble to understand that Thailand will destroy themself and nobody else? The worst performance in south east asia already has Thailand and you even can read it in the Thainews like Bangkok post and they bring it on a diplomatic way! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use