After a climate protester climbed on top of an Aircraft, an ex-Irish Olympian was found guilty.

Andrew Reeve

1571778972_Thaigernews.thumb.jpg.ad141a147063978ea70d7c0ce64eec72.jpg

A former Ireland paralympic athlete has been found guilty of committing a public nuisance by supergluing himself to a British Airways plane.

Extinction Rebellion member James Brown (56) managed to scale the plane on the morning of October 10th, 2019, to hold a demonstration against air travel at London City Airport, despite the fact that he is legally blind.

According to Southwark Crown Court, the double-gold medalist from Exeter glued his right hand to the jet heading for Amsterdam before wedgeing his phone in the door to keep it from closing.

Brown, who represented Great Britain in cycling and athletics before moving on to represent the Republic in cross-country skiing, was, he spent an hour on the plane before being removed.

Prosecutors claim he caused more than 300 British Airways passengers to be inconvenienced, costing the firm £40,000 (€47,000).

Brown, who represented himself in court, disputed one count of producing a public disturbance, arguing that he needed to "do something spectacular" to raise attention to the climate catastrophe crisis.

On Wednesday, he was found guilty after a jury deliberated for less than an hour.
Brown will be sentenced on September 17th, according to Judge Gregory Perrins.

Brown said after the verdict, "I guess it could've gone the other way, but it's the price you pay for taking a risk." I knew a conviction was a possibility... there are a lot of people who are willing to sacrifice a lot to make a difference, and I'm just one of them.”

Source: Irish Times

• Haha 1

How on earth did he have time to get himself up there being unchallenged, and he is also blind ? 

The Irish are the only race on earth who can do the impossible!!!! remember your Braveheart _ If an Irishman wants to talk to his equal he can only talk to god!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Wait, wait. I want to be like all the "Brits" who comment whenever they see a story about someone from the UK doing something wrong but has a name like Yussuf Panagopolous.

(Whereupon many Brit members immediately start claiming that isn't an "English" name.)

James Brown ? Surely not an Irish name ! Sounds like an American wanker ! "Woo I feel gooood. Like I knew that I would."

A real Irishman would be named Paddy O'Neil and would never have been able to climb up there like that as he'd have had a pint in one hand and the latest footie scores in the other ! w00t.gif.d2b48c81b8b0be9b1929dd8275b3c0dc.gif.3025647477e9129789f6cfca918fb777.gifw00t.gif.d2b48c81b8b0be9b1929dd8275b3c0dc.gif.3025647477e9129789f6cfca918fb777.gifw00t.gif.d2b48c81b8b0be9b1929dd8275b3c0dc.gif.3025647477e9129789f6cfca918fb777.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anarchofarmer said:

The Irish are the only race on earth who can do the impossible!!!! remember your Braveheart _ If an Irishman wants to talk to his equal he can only talk to god!!!!!!!

Braveheart was Scottish.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Braveheart was Scottish.

I didn't want to burst his bubble. And William Wallace (aka Braveheart) was portrayed by an American.

8 minutes ago, kerryd said:

I didn't want to burst his bubble. And William Wallace (aka Braveheart) was portrayed by an American.

Australian/American

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kerryd said:

Who immigrated from Australia.

Just now, JamesE said:

Starting to sound like Where's Waldo.

He was British, dunno his name, but his Dog was called Wally.

Ugh - blind as a bat first thing in the morning. Blurry eyes and not from drinking.

Gibson was born in 1956, not 1958. (Too late to edit the previous post.)

No idea where Waldo is though. Probably around somewhere. Check all the little shophouse bars, he's probably in one of them.

44 minutes ago, kerryd said:

No idea where Waldo is though. Probably around somewhere. Check all the little shophouse bars, he's probably in one of them.

Where's Waldo - social distancing edition

Where's Waldo - social distancing edition.jpg

Lol - never have checked out the shows at Tiffanies or Alcazar but I've seen pics of some of the performers and it's scary how good looking some of them are !

Passengers should file a class action civil suit against the selfish prat. He should take responsibility for the damage he caused. Says alot about the airport security. If a special olympics chap could get up on the plane, then it is quite obvious that a more violent person(s) could do worse.

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

Braveheart was Scottish.

13 hours ago, kerryd said:

The movie was shot in Ireland and most of the Scottish onscreen were actually Irish.

The guy who glued himself to a plane, however, was a glory-seeking pillock whose "sacrifice" caused over 300 passengers to sit inside a plane for two stressful hours, no doubt resulting in missed connections for many. Shameful behavior.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kerryd said:

the reference in Braveheart was not to William Wallace but his Irish sidekick! I think you'll also find that the actor, Mel Gibson, is an aussie!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

the reference in Braveheart was not to William Wallace but his Irish sidekick! I think you'll also find that the actor, Mel Gibson, is an aussie!

And I think you'll find if you read my previous posts - he was born in New York in 1956 and didn't move to Australia until 1968.

And the "Irishman" who said "In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God." ?
He's actually a Scotsman ! (David Patrick O'Hara was born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1965.)

So a Irishman played by a Scotsman and a Scotsman played by an American (who also has Irish citizenship through his mother).

On 7/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, Andrew Reeve said:

Brown, who represented himself in court, disputed one count of producing a public disturbance, arguing that he needed to "do something spectacular" to raise attention to the climate catastrophe crisis.

There is an old saying, along the lines of "watch what they do, not what they say"

In terms of the climate change/global warming issue I look to chief climate alarmists the Obamas, after all they are largely responsible for igniting the fire under the issue, then fanning the flames.

So lo and behold, imagine my shock to learn the chief climate alarmists just dropped $11.5m on a beachfront mansion with 30 acres of prime flat land virtually at sea level. One that will presumably be underwater in a few years?! Or not.

https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard

The logical conclusion is that these climate alarmists know full well sea levels are NOT rising and that the whole climate movement is just a devious ploy to raise taxes and ultimately speed up the age of the New World Order ("in 2030 you will own nothing and be happy "- Klaus Schwab, the Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum)

The Irish plane climber has been brainwashed by the great climate hoax, along with many millions of low info people around the world. 

Edited by TopDeadSenter
  • Like 3

Climate change is real and has been ever since the planet formed some 13 billion years ago.

Around 200 years ago, scientists knew that the earth's orbit around the sun was responsible. Over a hundred years ago, one Serbian scientist (Milutin Milanković) actually worked out that there were "cycles" to the changes that could be calculated (which were named the "Milankovic Cycles").

Essentially, the earth's orbit around the sun is not a stable "circle". It is an elliptical pattern that "wobbles" due to the Sun's gravity, centrifugal force (from the orbit) and the off-setting gravitational influence of the other planets in the solar system. Basically, earth's orbit will at times gradually get closer to the sun and at other times it will drift slightly further away.

As well, the earth's "axial tilt" has an effect. If the "tilt" results in the Northern Hemisphere (i.e. the Arctic) getting more sunlight, then the earth experiences a "warming phase" which sees a rise in temperatures and more ice melt.

If the "tilt" results in the Southern Hemisphere (the Antarctic) receiving more sunlight, then the North experiences a cooling (or "glaciation") phase which sees temperatures drop and everything freezing up again. (Note: the more sea ice and glaciers there are, the faster the cooling phase expands as more of the sun's rays are reflected back out into space.)

The "cycles" apparently were calculated to be around 1,500 years long. However, Milankovic, like the scientists a hundred years before him, didn't have the technology to accurately calculate those cycles. Scientists today are still working on it as there are so many variables that come into play.
 The frequency of the axial tilt, the amount of sea ice and snow/ice covered land, the position of the earth's orbit, the position of the other planets, etc, etc.

Scientists have determined that mankind is having an "effect" on climate change. But we can't control it. At least not until we gain the power to change earth's orbit and the movement of all the other planets in the solar system. 
As well, many scientists believe that all the CO2 we are pumping into the atmosphere is merely delaying the onset of the next "glaciation" phase.

In other words, we have maybe delayed the onset of the next Ice Age by anywhere from 500-1,500 years (depending on which scientists and which climate model is used).

Though to be honest, the next glaciation phase may not be an "Ice Age" but merely a period of intense cooling which would see much of the sea ice and glaciers reform, resulting in much lower water levels and thus much less fresh water to drink, as well as less land to live on or cultivate.

(Ice Ages are not a constant "freezing period" for millions of years but a series of warming and cooling cycles that can last thousands of years or more. Ice Ages happen when the number and length of the cooling cycles outnumber the warming ones. That usually happens when the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere isn't enough to keep the planet warm.)

When the "Ice" wins out, the planet freezes right down to the equators and almost all life on it dies. That is called the "snowball" earth and it can last 10s of millions of years.
Conversely, when enough CO2 has (naturally) accumulated in the atmosphere, the planet starts to warm again. As the CO2 levels build, the ice/snow starts to melt, which helps speed up the process and one other important thing also happens.

Life starts to flourish ! Yes, life tends to thrive much better on a warm planet than on a frozen, dead one. Who knew ? 
Obviously not "angry 16 year olds" who think mankind is responsible for climate change !

But real scientists know. Just as they know that when all the sea ice melts and all the glaciers on Greenland have melted, we are in what is called a "greenhouse earth" phase.

And we've been there before. Many times in the past. In fact, they believe that 85% of earth's existence has been in a "greenhouse" phase.

There have also been 5 "Major" ice ages that scientists can prove going back to the Huronian age 2.4 billion years ago.
The Cryogenian was the second such Ice age and the worst of the last billion years. It lasted from 720 mya (millions of years ago) to 635 mya. 
85 million years !!

Another thing to think about. There used to be "land bridges" between the UK and the mainland (which is how the UK came to be populated in ancient times), just as there used to between Eastern Russia and Alaska, which is how North America became populated.

Those "bridges" disappeared long ago as water levels rose around the world.

Which also happened long before man had any ability to "affect" the climate.

Many years ago I read an article about the migration of people from East Asia to North America and how they couldn't find many traces of the ancient migrants, mainly because water levels were hundreds of meters higher now than when those people were moving down the coast of North America and eventually into Central/South America.

Shock ! Water levels rose before Greta was around to blame it all on "our generation" that supposedly "stole her childhood" (without explaining what exactly was stolen or how her childhood would have been better if her whole country was nothing but a frozen block of ice).

But there are still those who have zero concept of time on a global scale and think instead that the world should remain exactly as it was when they remembered it best.

As though we have any kind of ability to change the climate, or even to affect it in a way that it would be "stable". 

But that is exactly what some seem to think we should be able to do, because after all, they built cities right on the shores of the oceans hundreds and thousands of years ago and that means the water levels should stay right where they were forever !

But the fact remains. If every human on the planet died today as well as every fart producing animal, climate change would still happen. Water levels will continue to rise during "warming" phases and drop during "glaciation" phases.

And that will continue to happen until our sun goes super nova a few billion years (7 or 8 apparently) from now and wipes out most of the solar system (the rest of which would end up being lifeless frozen rocks hurtling through space until they crash into other solar systems).

Wow - our planet's life is half over already and we haven't even colonized our own moon yet, let alone any other planet in our solar system. Or found any habitable planets in any other solar system yet !

Quick, find an "angry 16 year old" to start shouting that Climate Change is natural and that Greta is "stealing her future" !!

But the real question remains. 

Will Walking Street still be there when the world ends ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1