US government to donate 2.5 million vaccine doses to Thailand

Thaiger

According to a Thai PBS World report, the US has confirmed it will donate 2.5 doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand. Thai-American senator Tammy Duckworth made the announcement during a webinar on Thai-US relations. It’s understood the donation is part of a pledge by the administration of US President, Joe Biden, to provide vaccines for developing countries. The US has already donated 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine to Thailand, with the Thai government pledging to administer 700,000 doses to every frontline healthcare worker in the country. Despite the assurances, a group of medical workers and other concerned persons […]

The post US government to donate 2.5 million vaccine doses to Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I sure hope this time that us Americans and our families here will be front line and not stepped on and shoved out of sight. It should not be they accept and take the donation and not give us USA expats. Just give us and our families first and then the rest can go to the others. How many USA people with their family members are here? For me my 2 kids are US citizens so they can stand on their own. But add my wife and my step daughter would be 3 of us. There should be no restrictions as over 60, or any health conditions imposed on us Expats.

Tammy Duckworth, good job.

• Like 1

150,000 doses will be given to foreign residents who meet the same criteria.” - nice 

That is 150k from the original 1.5 million unless I am reading it wrong. But we were promised 300k from the start of that to be squeezed down and almost zeroed.. It needs to go to USA expats first.

• Like 2

So much for Thailand being the hub of making and distribution for south east asia of Astra Zenica  It looks like it is only good for being the hub of Covid infection..

As a US citizen required to pay for medicare and file a tax return and pay taxes if required, one would think the US government would make one of the conditions to make the vaccine available to citizens resident in Thailand as various other governments have done.

This also applies to the UK. This only reinforces the idea of bums in Armani suits!

• Like 2

Any distribution of donated vaccines must be handled by the US to stop profiteering and corrupt practices  that is only bound to happen

As with Covax distribution which should become a priority now before this country completely loses control..

Johno, have you been dreaming again? The world doesn't work that way. Very few politicians now or in the past did things for altruistic reasons, they do things for power and wealth.

The US is based on corruption and wealth, always has been.

Edited by Disenfranchised

Any distribution of donated vaccines must be handled by the US to stop profiteering and corrupt practices  that is only bound to happen

As with Covax distribution which should become a priority now before this country completely loses control..

It gets totally handled by the US in the US. Help yourself.

• Like 1

Think from thai news on tv this morning the UK has just donated 3 million vaccines as well let's hope they again look after the expats first ..

• Haha 1

Think from thai news on tv this morning the UK has just donated 3 million vaccines as well let's hope they again look after the expats first ..

It was 450,000 doses donated but  of course none for British expats. I guess after donating 4 gay Ambassadors including the current one and his predecessor the British government look upon Thailand as a place to dump their unwanted rubbish.

It was 450,000 doses donated but  of course none for British expats. I guess after donating 4 gay Ambassadors including the current one and his predecessor the British government look upon Thailand as a place to dump their unwanted rubbish.

Bit harsh on gay people, innit?

• Like 3

Bit harsh on gay people, innit?

Even harsher on the British people living here, whether gay, straight, white, black or otherwise different who will receive no support from the British Ambassador, who is already fully vaxxed, don't you think ?

According to a Thai PBS World report, the US has confirmed it will donate 2.5 doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand.

Sounds like a worse track record than our illustrious leader - if that's possible. Who gets the half dose?

• Haha 1

Now maybe time they send some doses around the country and not only bangkok, and maybe for once make a descent plan to vaccinate these people first, because as of now all vaccines in my opinion has been done with no effect at all

• Like 2

The UK government would rather give vaccines to an inept bunch of clowns to administer than to organise vaccines for it's own citizens.

In the 30+ years I have been coming to Thailand I have never had anything but contempt shown to me from the British embassy in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Even harsher on the British people living here, whether gay, straight, white, black or otherwise different who will receive no support from the British Ambassador, who is already fully vaxxed, don't you think ?

That's a whole different subject. One at a time please.

The UK government would rather give vaccines to an inept bunch of clowns to administer than to organise vaccines for it's own citizens.

In the 30+ years I have been coming to Thailand I have never had anything but contempt shown to me from the British embassy in Bangkok.

Well you should be used to it by now? Whats the popular definition of insanity?

Does that mean the Thai gov will give them for free or will officials receive it for free then charge the public for it to line their pockets? 

• Like 1

According to a Thai PBS World report, the US has confirmed it will donate 2.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand. 

But they did not tell you it would be 2.5 Million doses of sinovac. It may or may not be, but no one has reported otherwise.

Medical personnel want the U.S. (not the Thai government)  to oversee the distribution of its U.S. vaccine donation to make sure the neediest people get vaccinated, not the politically connected or hi-so's, In contrast to China which sold over 10 million doses at over 500 baht per jab when Thailand could have bought AstraZenica for around 150 baht per.