Police investigate hackers selling stolen vaccine appointments

Thaiger

Amid vaccine scarcity in Thailand’s slow rollout, and a tumultuous registration process with changing systems and tiny sign-up windows, people have taken to desperate means to get vaccinated. People posing as doctors online sold fake vaccine appointments, and authorities accused members of the Hi-So elite of renting motorbike taxi vests to pose as taxi drivers who are given priority for vaccination. People even pretended to be over 60 to get appointments at Bang Sue’s elderly vaccination programme. And now hackers are getting in on the vaccine scam action, stealing appointments online and selling them. Hackers have been accused of infiltrating […]

The post Police investigate hackers selling stolen vaccine appointments appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not unexpected in Thailand - people are desperate and some people will take advantage. 

I saw the crowds queuing for vaccines on the Thaiger news and I did not see much social distancing. 

Total clusterpharrk - as expected.

Amid vaccine scarcity in Thailand’s slow rollout, and a tumultuous registration process with changing systems and tiny sign-up windows, people have taken to desperate means to get vaccinated. People posing as doctors online sold fake vaccine appointments, and authorities accused members of the Hi-So elite of renting motorbike taxi vests to pose as taxi drivers who are given priority for vaccination. People even pretended to be over 60 to get appointments at Bang Sue’s elderly vaccination programme. And now hackers are getting in on the vaccine scam action, stealing appointments online and selling them. Hackers have been accused of infiltrating […]

The post Police investigate hackers selling stolen vaccine appointments appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Are they hackers or just some halfwits working in the PM's office?

• Like 1

Are they hackers or just some halfwits working in the PM's office?

Possibly nothing of the sort. I would suspect it is yet another rouse by this corrupt administration to pretend it is not their fault people and not getting vaccinated rather just another branch of the government have found a new way to scam people I would suspect. 

I wish I am there, but glad I am not.

I fully understand your point as we had it good for a year + and lucky, but the situation has completely reversed now and worryingly has got out of control with a government as pointless as Eunuch in a brothel

Apologies . . . we can't fulfilled your appointment because hackers had swopped your appointments, don't blame us. 

There are incompetent people out there . . . 

Why have appointments anyway? In the UK they are setting up tents at pop festivals for young people to have the vaccines. They will just walk in, walk out.

In the US pharmacies give vaccines free. Just walk in.

However the Thai with their love of power and control, want the peasants lining up in the rain with two forms filled in, to go to a window just to obtain an appointment! The officials with their lines of fake medals revel in it.

Hackers? Naah security of websites etc in Thailand is a joke, their security is just weak do not change the words

Edited by Paco