Foreigners helping the poor Thai people,which Thais help their countrymen?

Just now, 9S_ said:

I remember last year the PM had to ask the top richest Thai families to help donate cash lol

He asked, but never published the total which was received and how and where it was distributed, unless someone knows better ?

56 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Caught our own security guards emptying the cabinet as soon as no vehicles passing thru the gate. 

Makes you wonder about your home when you go on vacation.

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Makes you wonder about your home when you go on vacation.

haha funnily enough those staff are very very friendly and trustworthy in the normal sense.  They're simple folk on low pay, ~9k bt per month and do very little in the way of security.

19 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

haha funnily enough those staff are very very friendly and trustworthy in the normal sense.  They're simple folk on low pay, ~9k bt per month and do very little in the way of security.

Yeah I gotcha. We have had several security changes but all are pretty nice. If I go out to buy beer after 6pm I will most of the time give the one who does the duty a Sponsor, M100 or cold canned coffee as I pass back by on the motorcycle. What a long tedious job going from 6pm - 5pm every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

I remember last year the PM had to ask the top richest Thai families to help donate cash lol

Well, that request included himself, Phiphat, Anutin and other obscenely rich cabinet members. What did they actually give? How much of their fortunes did they part with? Other than Prayuth's three month salary PR stunt?

Wow just reading all the comments on this.I am stuck in the UK ,hoping to get back to Hua Hin soon.It was good to hear from expats with Thai partners recounting their experiences of helping folk.I am not mad on seeing the vlogs showing lines of food handouts.The vlog by Jonny whats happening,showed the group of families in Hua Hin, living in terrible conditions and Thai ladies arriving with food bags for them.Watching in ff in the UK,seeing these poor kids,really tugs at your heartstrings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 7:50 PM, beachwalker said:

I have seen many Vloggers showing some Thai people in sad situations,through the pandemic,or just how their lives have always been.These show foreigners organising food handouts.I only know of one Thai charity in Hua Hin area.https://sangfoundation.org.

Maybe Good Morning,could do a report on these Thai charities for each region,then people can contact and donate money to them.Also be interesting to know which rich Thai companies etc.help disadvantaged Thais.

Vloggers always have a purpose and constantly searching for contents in the making. However, social media does help spead the word, a double edge sword. Why only help now during the pandemic? Is this a trend?

Thais are naturally carefree people... they eat, drink, spend when they have, never worry about tomorrow or saving for a rainy day. There are genuine people of course when they loose their job or livelihood during this pandemic and cannot make ends meet. How to segregate and help the genuine is the question. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...