Tim asks what people will do in the sandbox

Farang-Ba

I live in Kathu but I think sandboxers can do what I do from time to time.  Go stay in some gorgeous resorts like The Nai Harn, Marriott Merlin Beach, Naka Island Resort.  The prices are rediculously low right now!  And there are very few other guests so you really get wonderful treatment. 

• Cool 1

I was looking at SHA+ hotels for an incoming person, and was amazed at some of the prices in Phuket right now.  Really low...

But of course, other than the hotel and the beach...what else have you got? No bars, dodgy restaurants with farang pricing...

I might go to Phuket in a couple of years, once the tourist industry there is well and truly dead.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, thai3 said:

Horrible destination, would not go to Phuket again if it was all free

I feel the same.  I've tried to like it all 3 times I've visited, I really don't understand what the appeal is.  Every single time it was full of rip-off artists and scammers at every turn.  The island itself is beautiful, but the greed of the people working there ruined it. 

The best part of my time on Phuket were the daytrips that took me outside of Phuket, no more.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 2:19 AM, TiT said:

I feel the same.  I've tried to like it all 3 times I've visited, I really don't understand what the appeal is.  Every single time it was full of rip-off artists and scammers at every turn.  The island itself is beautiful, but the greed of the people working there ruined it. 

The best part of my time on Phuket were the daytrips that took me outside of Phuket, no more.

Phuket is fine just stay away from the scammers.  I go all the time and have no problems.  I am not bothered by the police, the aggressive vendors I ignore and I rent a motorbike to dodge the taxi ripoff.  I can then enjoy the pleasurable sights and sounds of a tropical vacation.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1