Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

6 hours ago, Loongtip said:

ALL the independent, qualified, scientific and medical experts worldwide have already identified this plandemic for what it really is!! A scam!

There needs to be a slight correction to your comment: 

"ALL the independent nutters, unqualified, non-scientific and non-medical amateurs worldwide have already misidentified this pandemic for what it really is!! A mad mans dream!

6 hours ago, Loongtip said:

They've certainly got you brainwashed! 

" Every single country that has implemented a full lockdown has achieved the sole objective of bringing case numbers down." Absolute garbage! The lockdowns ONLY purpose is to piss people off unnecessarily and does nothing toward "bringing case numbers down"! If you were HONEST with yourself you would see that they do NOTHING!

A slight correction to your comment:

"If you are uneducated, easily brainwashed by the nutters spouting nonsense you would then be under the illusion of lockdowns doing nothing!"

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

So how do you explain the three lockdowns in the U.K. that brought case numbers down. Or the lockdowns in Australia that have brought case numbers down.  Or France or Spain or India or Italy. I can keep adding more examples of you wish. Lockdowns bring case numbers down and to claim otherwise puts you in pole position for the next Thai ministerial post. 

I think he is even too stupid to be considered for that post.

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Here we go another troublemaker.

I think there needs to be a correction to your comment it should be , "Here we go another mentally ill person on the loose". LOL

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Yes, yes, but don't let reality get in the way of a good moan. Ten 'protestors' dressed as a thousand waving three fingers about are important.  

I don't understand you comment and mention of protestors.

I got my views by talking to hundreds of Thais all over Thailand over the last 30 years, the division between north and south is not new.

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

I see so being called a "Westerner" is not racist then as that all encapsulates Europeans and the USA plus many other countries.

What about the words "he", "she", should they be banned a they are sexist?

I and anyone I know have not felt insulted by the word 'farang', maybe you are too sensitive or are tying to be too politically correct.

Try calling a Scottish bloke English and he will punch you, but if it happened vice versa we English wold just laugh.

I really don’t know what point you are trying to make here JamesR. Is a South African a Westerner. Is an Argentinian or a Russian a westerner?  I have no problem being called European because I am one. I’m sure an Argentinian wouldn’t object it being called an American because they are. Or a South African being called African. But they are not all the same and hence should not all be collected under one name of Farang because their skin colour is similar. This has nothing to do with He or She, that’s just a distraction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Spread by rat lice from ships so it spread all over Europe.

Sorry jamesR  it was proven in the 18th Century the plague was spread my body lice. People would hang out there clothes and shake them, and any unfortunates walking below would be showered my lice. Even walking past in the street and you happened to brush past 1 they would be transferred to your clothing and so on. Clothes were infested with them bed linen was infested some linen were sent to other homes because they had no bed linen never washed just packed in a trunk guess what happened once they opened the trunk and put there sheets on. Eventually it was discovered this was one way of transmitting it. So a red cross was painted on any house with plague and they were forced to stay indoors ( locked down ) till the plague began to slow down.

35 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sorry jamesR  it was proven in the 18th Century the plague was spread my body lice. People would hang out there clothes and shake them, and any unfortunates walking below would be showered my lice. Even walking past in the street and you happened to brush past 1 they would be transferred to your clothing and so on. Clothes were infested with them bed linen was infested some linen were sent to other homes because they had no bed linen never washed just packed in a trunk guess what happened once they opened the trunk and put there sheets on. Eventually it was discovered this was one way of transmitting it. So a red cross was painted on any house with plague and they were forced to stay indoors ( locked down ) till the plague began to slow down.

You are correct, I looked it up and a new study has determined it was fleas on human skin, bedding and then into clothes which would then spread onto others. My original information was what I had been told at school decades ago.

45 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I really don’t know what point you are trying to make here JamesR. Is a South African a Westerner. Is an Argentinian or a Russian a westerner?  I have no problem being called European because I am one. I’m sure an Argentinian wouldn’t object it being called an American because they are. Or a South African being called African. But they are not all the same and hence should not all be collected under one name of Farang because their skin colour is similar. This has nothing to do with He or She, that’s just a distraction. 

My main point is the word 'farang' is not derogatory as far as I an others I know are concerned, it is a petty subject really.

Of course if an expression like 'dirty farang' is used that is another matter. 

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

My main point is the word 'farang' is not derogatory as far as I an others I know are concerned, it is a petty subject really.

Of course if an expression like 'dirty farang' is used that is another matter. 

Ok well it’s a matter of perception. I  know many people who don’t find it offensive, and I know an equal number who do. I guess  you could apply the same thinking for the “N” word. It’s just a word to describe black people after all. Or the “W” word. Or perhaps Gringo. I think they are at worst offensive and derogatory, and at best lazy and ignorant. But as you say, it’s a petty topic in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

To me farang is not offensive but other words carry a lot more weight. N***** etc is not acceptable internationally and is only ever used in a demeaning way. 

Edited by KaptainRob
n-word edited

I can’t believe this “joker”.     Head up his rear-end if he thinks the mistakes made by this junta government will turn the tide of this CCP virus in a few weeks. But then let’s ask him what product was he vaccinated with. Bet your bippy it was the Sino junk he’s buying from China.

23 hours ago, bushav8r said:

How has that worked out for you?

I follow science--not facebook or Grifters..

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

He said that to stop the left panicking and avoid a breakdown in society. He also (correctly IMO) realized the virus is not going to go back in the box at the Wuhan lab so humankind better get herd immunity ASAP, not be overly scared, and get the heck on with life. Now we have this Biden LARP administration we will have to wear at least one mask for the next 3 years. Now I am not criticizing this, I understand. Lefty science now says we can prevent mosquitos with a chickenwire fence, yep whatever.

What I see happening is countries that tacitly went for herd immunity like the USA started under Trump and particularly red states like Florida, the UK, most of Europe will soon get back to a normal existence. Other countries like Thailand, NZ and Oz are still thinking they can push this genie back into the bottle and will remain indefinitely in lockdown until finally accepting that they need herd immunity. This stance is causing irreparable damage to economies/personal wealth and mental health of the population.

Im busy carrying the burden of the unvaccinated...as covid is "still here" ..funny how you mention "left panicking" from a party and administration who sows doubt and conspiracies and Fear politics 101 aka GOP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunatly I think he is mistaken, case numbers are rising exponentially and 30,000/40,000+ by New Year is more than likely, until the number of recovered persons and the number of fully vaccinated exceed the remainder it is likely to continue rising.. There are other factors however this is my opinion.

Edited by Jannot

• 2 weeks later...

Just shows the world and not just Thailand that here is a man completely out of his depth of managing a country out of a crisis! How he could reassure the citizens of Thailand that this will be over in three to four weeks when he has had two years to control this correctly is beyound belief. The sooner this pretender and his henchmen are  removed from office, the sooner the Thai people will regain thier heart soul and confidence back in thier country again!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sandbar said:

Just shows the world and not just Thailand that here is a man completely out of his depth of managing a country out of a crisis! How he could reassure the citizens of Thailand that this will be over in three to four weeks when he has had two years to control this correctly is beyound belief. The sooner this pretender and his henchmen are  removed from office, the sooner the Thai people will regain thier heart soul and confidence back in thier country again!

You can appear to be as mad or delusional as you want to other people but if you have the "boss's" backing, then just like football managers, you are there until sacked by them.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

This didn't age well

Oh ye of little faith, he has the fourth week extension to fall back on, surely with the current infection trends it will come to fruition......no problem 5555

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DiggR said:

Oh ye of little faith, he has the fourth week extension to fall back on, surely with the current infection trends it will come to fruition......no problem 5555

What sort of fruit will that be? Will sour grapes make an appearance?

• Haha 3

On 8/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, Bluesofa said:

What sort of fruit will that be? Will sour grapes make an appearance?

Sour grapes tend to tarnish military hardware and have been banned by decree

• Haha 2