Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

Yes he is called Simon Toby its a Man City theme bar could be blue moon Rising. i will message him and ask him its name and local.

OK I will go for a drink there.

I'm sorry you are bored

Your analogy of Green Lights is not accurate, unless you think that covid only spreads during 9pm to 4am . 

But seriously, do you know of any reputable body that has researched lockdowns and proves it has any impact?

If not, why do you believe it?

PS: There are now several examples of states in the USA that did not implement lockdowns, and their fatalities were equal or less than states with masks and lockdowns

PPS: Lockdowns come with a terrible cost in lives and livelihoods also. You must factor this when embarking on such catastrophic actions for a disease with a 1% mortality rate, primarily in the over 70 age group

So now you are saying that if you don’t lockdown and cases fall that evidence that lockdowns don’t work! Sorry but I don’t follow the logic at all. As to the question about reputable body doing research. You don’t need research. It’s there for all to see. As I have already said, everywhere that locks down properly (not as Bangkok is doing) then lockdowns work. I also never said if they were a good or bad idea. Bullets and guns are a bad idea but they do what they are supposed to do! 

Of course they ruin the economy and business, they are a brute force measure. I never said they didn’t cost lives and livelihoods. I was simply challenging your statement that lockdowns don’t work. They absolutely work and achieve their sole objective to bring case numbers down. They are NOT aimed at: Curing Covid. Getting cases to Zero. Protecting the economy. Making people happy. 

Lockdowns, when done properly, bring case numbers down.  

• Like 1

I seriously doubt any independent qualified scientific or medical expert would agree with this asessment.

ALL the independent, qualified, scientific and medical experts worldwide have already identified this plandemic for what it really is!! A scam!

Soidog I remember 2-3 Month's ago the UK was naming a Thai variant until someone from the Thai Government made the phone call to the British Embassy in BKK along the lines of your insulting out people stop saying that and hey presto never heare'd of it again.

Yes, it was that outcry that led to the WHO assigning Greek alphabet letters to variants. Now the U.K. media simply says things like “The Delta variant first discovered in India”. It’s also interesting how the Alpha  iris was never called the Chinese virus (apart from Trump). 

Sorry AdamX but I’m so bored of seeing this kind of thing. Can you please, please explain what you mean by this? Please bear in mind lockdowns are not a cure. Their sole aim is to bring down infection rates. If the lockdowns result in case numbers going down then they have served their purpose. Every single country that has implemented a full lockdown has achieved the sole objective of bringing case numbers down.

You comment is like saying a Green traffic light doesn’t work as cars don’t stop at them. Lockdowns do exactly what they are designed to do. You can see it for yourself. You don’t need anyone else to help you. 

They've certainly got you brainwashed! 

" Every single country that has implemented a full lockdown has achieved the sole objective of bringing case numbers down." Absolute garbage! The lockdowns ONLY purpose is to piss people off unnecessarily and does nothing toward "bringing case numbers down"! If you were HONEST with yourself you would see that they do NOTHING!

ALL the independent, qualified, scientific and medical experts worldwide have already identified this plandemic for what it really is!! A scam!

So who funds these Independent individuals? Unless they are at the very top of the food chain, they are influenced by somebody. Look at all the Experts who cannot prove or disprove the 35000 gods throughout history. A lot of experts only give their interpretation and opinion of the facts.

• Like 1

They've certainly got you brainwashed! 

" Every single country that has implemented a full lockdown has achieved the sole objective of bringing case numbers down." Absolute garbage! The lockdowns ONLY purpose is to piss people off unnecessarily and does nothing toward "bringing case numbers down"! If you were HONEST with yourself you would see that they do NOTHING!

So how do you explain the three lockdowns in the U.K. that brought case numbers down. Or the lockdowns in Australia that have brought case numbers down.  Or France or Spain or India or Italy. I can keep adding more examples of you wish. Lockdowns bring case numbers down and to claim otherwise puts you in pole position for the next Thai ministerial post. 

• Haha 1

People he is 100% correct ….. as in 2 weeks he will order government agencies to stop COVID19 testing …. No testing, no results, so NO outbreak. 

Absolutely correct! The tests are all bullshit anyhow, and always have been, and are only being used to keep this scam going!  Along with the fake "covid death" numbers, they are just another method to scare the shit out of the vax mad covidiots even more that they already are. 

Outlandish comment.........not based in logic or scientific fact, just a desperate comment that he hopes the people are stupid enough to swallow. Too late, the people recognise him as a total fraud.

NONE of this plandemic crap is based on logic OR scientific FACT!! The whole thing is a fraud headed by WHO, CDC, Gates, Fauci and Soros!! Plenty of people have swallowed all this "covid" bullshit, hook, line and sinker, face napkins, fake tests, untested, experimental gene therapy jabs and all!

Yes, you explanation of Farang is correct. Only problem is all while people aren’t French. Some are as diverse as Russian, Argentinian, Canadian and British. So to collect the whole world that is white in one word is racist. If you don’t believe it upsets people. Try calling a Thai Burmese or worst still Lao. You will see thru don’t even like being regarded from a neighbouring country 

I see so being called a "Westerner" is not racist then as that all encapsulates Europeans and the USA plus many other countries.

What about the words "he", "she", should they be banned a they are sexist?

I and anyone I know have not felt insulted by the word 'farang', maybe you are too sensitive or are tying to be too politically correct.

Try calling a Scottish bloke English and he will punch you, but if it happened vice versa we English wold just laugh.

I think there is a little more to the origin of the word Farang.  Birdpoop Farang has a nice ring to it but is even more offensive.  Denoting someone by their skin colour is not socially acceptable in most countries.  Consider for example, *igger or *ook.  They can simply be used to indicate someone's skin colour, but are often used in a hateful or racist manner.

It does not matter what colour you are, if you are from "The West" and you do not speak Thai you are still called farang.

I am sure words can be added to the word "farang" in order to become offensive but that of course can be the same with any other word but it does not mean that single word "farang" is offensive. 

Thanks for the info.  I can pre-emptively block him.

Don't block him, just take the piss our of him as the rest of us do.

Try calling a Scottish bloke English and he will punch you, but if it happened vice versa we English wold just laugh.

No I'd throw a punch, just to perpetuate the stereotype.

The Thai authorities seem to think blacklisting foreigners is the ultimate punishment.  Perhaps it is in some cases.  Of course we are guests, but we can chose to be guests elsewhere "as well".  They have to realize that there are more places to visit on the planet.  Thy are trying hard and I wish them well.  They try  to  protect themselves from the dirty foreign menace but have done little to protect  the ones brave enough to travel to Thailand.

They do not really care about the farangs living there as they bring in only a small amount of money.

They do care about the 40,000,000 tourists a year the vast majority nowadays are not farangs but Chinese and other Asians spending 6000 baht a day.

Farangs in Thailand have too much important over themselves yet have no rights, but it is a great place for long holidays as I can ignore all the political dictatorship which goes on there.

• Like 1

Maybe you right but he described all europeans as this type of people and I get in the trap, he not meetd other ones where he is. Anyway we relatives in Isaan and land there so we love the Isaan don't get it wrong , I only wanted to say he doesnt know the Europeans who have families here. For any misunderstanding I apologize.

I know many Europeans who have Thai families there, most of them are married to poor uneducated Issan girls but the more intelligent ones managed to find normal educated Thai women who did not marry for money as they were genuine women, they were not thirty years younger than the farang and wanted a partner and not a money bags provider as most of the Issan women want. 

What do you respect him for exactly? Personally I don't know a single Thai who does, and most loathe him.

I think you will see the split on who likes him and who does not is 50/50.

Try going around the south of Thailand into places like Surat Thani and the surrounding regions and say you are against the current government and they will tell you to go back home, or worse.  

Most farangs are with women from Issan and so get the impression all of Thailand is against this government when it is mostly people of the north who hate them.

And the people of the south hate the Issan region too as it was part of Laos only one hundred years ago, Issan has its own culture, language and low lever of education, the country has always been divided,

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I think you will see the split on who likes him and who does not is 50/50.

Try going around the south of Thailand into places like Surat Thani and the surrounding regions and say you are against the current government and they will tell you to go back home, or worse.  

Most farangs are with women from Issan and so get the impression all of Thailand is against this government when it is mostly people of the north who hate them.

And the people of the south hate the Issan region too as it was part of Laos only one hundred years ago, Issan has its own culture, language and low lever of education, the country has always been divided,

Yes, yes, but don't let reality get in the way of a good moan. Ten 'protestors' dressed as a thousand waving three fingers about are important.  

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I know many Europeans who have Thai families there, most of them are married to poor uneducated Issan girls but the more intelligent ones managed to find normal educated Thai women who did not marry for money as they were genuine women, they were not thirty years younger than the farang and wanted a partner and not a money bags provider as most of the Issan women want. 

Ok I understand

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

They say birds of a feather flock together

To generalise that most of 70,000,000 Thai people are stupid only makes the person claiming it to be the stupid one. 

Maybe the people who claim all Thai people are stupid live in a small area filled with uneducated stupid people and so thinks the whole of Thailand is like that.

I come across lots of farangs who think all Thais are poor and uneducated just because they mix with uneducated people, I ask what about the Thais with money, university education and nice houses, are they stupid too?

I alway conclude the person making the claim that "all Thais are stupid" is the stupid one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

but it does not mean that single word "farang" is offensive.

I've had this discussion many times and I fully agree - the word itself should not offend and is not offensive, but can obviously be used offensively with added context, but that's not unlike nearly any other word.

Tim covered this in an episode of "Ask the Thais" a while ago, and he said he thinks Farang is racist, because it's like saying "oh, you're black" in western countries. I recall seeing him say that, and wondering what's wrong with his example? Why is it offensive to, for instance, describe someone or a group of people with a distinctive, observable characteristic, in order to differentiate them from another individual or group, for the purpose of communicating something?

If there's a black guy standing among a group of Thais, is it not more effective to explain "that black guy" than to try to find some other thing like his shirt or his glasses? How stupid would it sound if I tried to point out "that person standing in the center whose life matters and has a somewhat darker skin tone but not necessarily due to melanin"? I could also, of course, add something to "that black guy" which could then render my comment to be racist.

Farang isn't racist. White guy isn't racist. Black guy isn't racist. Asian guy isn't racist. Guy isn't sexist. Critical race theory is toxic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vlad said:

I will not say what Thai's in the South from BKK To Phuket call Issan people but its extremely derogatory. 

True, they all know that 99.5% of the girls working in girly bars all around Thailand are from Issan and they hate them as they give Thailand a bad name.

I knew of Thai women working in shops, banks etc and they would not even mix with the women from Issan or ''Laos'' as the Thais still call them as Issan was part of Laos up to only 100 years ago.

7 hours ago, vlad said:

Wrong Drbill73 Bubonic Plague " The black Death " was spread from body lice as early as the 13th Century in England it did not come from China.

Spread by rat lice from ships so it spread all over Europe.