Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

While I have the greatest respect for the PM, I believe he's either getting bad advice or is trying to lift morale in this case.  Absent a vaccine that is more comprehensive in its treatment of the disease and universal availability (e.g. flu vaccine), it is very unlikely that the situation will be resolved so quickly.  One only has to look at prior pandemic experiences going back to the Black Death, which also originated in China BTW, to realize that control of the situation is at least months away.  

• Haha 1

Whenever PM Prayut said something about controlling COVID-19, it got worse every single day since April 1st. Nothing change & no progress at all.

While I have the greatest respect for the PM, I believe he's either getting bad advice or is trying to lift morale in this case.  Absent a vaccine that is more comprehensive in its treatment of the disease and universal availability (e.g. flu vaccine), it is very unlikely that the situation will be resolved so quickly.  One only has to look at prior pandemic experiences going back to the Black Death, which also originated in China BTW, to realize that control of the situation is at least months away.  

What do you respect him for exactly? Personally I don't know a single Thai who does, and most loathe him.

He is just one of the Thai people. I don't think he's more stupid than most Thai people. I live among Thai people and I think that the way of "thinking" of PM and ordinary Thais is the same: without logic or meaning, without meaningful arguments.

They say birds of a feather flock together

To generalise that most of 70,000,000 Thai people are stupid only makes the person claiming it to be the stupid one. 

You must be the only person to have any respect for that man, all he has done since 22nd may 2014 is help bring Thailand back into the past, absolutely nothing towards helping the country move forward.

When covid first kicked off early last year many people, myself included commented on how well he and his government were handling the covid situation, sadly that did not last long.

His and others greed got in the way, and allowed covid create havoc, destroying this country, just for his and others monetary gains.

• Like 4

Over in 2 or 3 weeks, jesus what a clown making stupid statements like that.

I misread it as:

Over in 2 or 3 weeks, jesus was a clown making stupid statements like that.

?

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2021 at 8:49 AM, colinneil said:

You must be the only person to have any respect for that man, all he has done since 22nd may 2014 is help bring Thailand back into the past, absolutely nothing towards helping the country move forward.

When covid first kicked off early last year many people, myself included commented on how well he and his government were handling the covid situation, sadly that did not last long.

His and others greed got in the way, and allowed covid create havoc, destroying this country, just for his and others monetary gains.

This shows very clearly that nobody trust them anymore and they have many approvals to do so. Liars ,heroin dealers etc are not idols for a society or leading a country. They are scared these criminals will steel the donations of the vaccines 

<deleted non-approved LINK>

• Like 1

In my country the Former Guy told us it was no worse that the Flu, and would just go away.......(waiting)

He said that to stop the left panicking and avoid a breakdown in society. He also (correctly IMO) realized the virus is not going to go back in the box at the Wuhan lab so humankind better get herd immunity ASAP, not be overly scared, and get the heck on with life. Now we have this Biden LARP administration we will have to wear at least one mask for the next 3 years. Now I am not criticizing this, I understand. Lefty science now says we can prevent mosquitos with a chickenwire fence, yep whatever.

What I see happening is countries that tacitly went for herd immunity like the USA started under Trump and particularly red states like Florida, the UK, most of Europe will soon get back to a normal existence. Other countries like Thailand, NZ and Oz are still thinking they can push this genie back into the bottle and will remain indefinitely in lockdown until finally accepting that they need herd immunity. This stance is causing irreparable damage to economies/personal wealth and mental health of the population.

• Like 1

Sorry AdamX but I’m so bored of seeing this kind of thing. Can you please, please explain what you mean by this? Please bear in mind lockdowns are not a cure. Their sole aim is to bring down infection rates. If the lockdowns result in case numbers going down then they have served their purpose. Every single country that has implemented a full lockdown has achieved the sole objective of bringing case numbers down.

You comment is like saying a Green traffic light doesn’t work as cars don’t stop at them. Lockdowns do exactly what they are designed to do. You can see it for yourself. You don’t need anyone else to help you. 

I'm sorry you are bored

Your analogy of Green Lights is not accurate, unless you think that covid only spreads during 9pm to 4am . 

But seriously, do you know of any reputable body that has researched lockdowns and proves it has any impact?

If not, why do you believe it?

PS: There are now several examples of states in the USA that did not implement lockdowns, and their fatalities were equal or less than states with masks and lockdowns

PPS: Lockdowns come with a terrible cost in lives and livelihoods also. You must factor this when embarking on such catastrophic actions for a disease with a 1% mortality rate, primarily in the over 70 age group

• Like 1

Hmmm, I think what PM says is hopefull thinking, the trend is upward and I would say it cannot change till vaccination program intersects with recovered citezens.  I think 30,000+ per day by turn of year.

I hope I am wrong but statistics  are what they are.

Stay safe everyone

See you all back here in 4 weeks for the 'Thailand is saved' article.

The story line has changed after 1 day  

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2156279/virus-easing-in-4-6-weeks
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha hopes the Covid-19 situation in the country will ease in the next four to six weeks, a source said, amid public concerns over a rise in daily coronavirus cases.

Or is it amid public concerns of his fake news of 2-3 weeks.

• Haha 1

Err, Linckies, especially Scunnies, do not talk with a Yorkie accent as you attempted. Even over the border Hully gullies have their own East Yorkshire accent so it seems you know little about them after all. Which about sums it up as Essex is renowned for people that know little about anything.?

Don't leave out the Goolie's Gummy.

• Haha 1

What I don’t understand about the Thai media, is why, after 4 weeks have passed, and no sign of this being over, do they not simply ask him why he said that and does he admit he got it wrong? It not defamation. It’s not liable. It’s not against section 112 of the Thai criminal code. It’s a perfectly reasonable question that would need to be answered. Is it that they fear a drive by shooting? Do they fear they will lose their jobs? Or is it a Thai loss of face nonsense? If it’s all or any of these things, then why don’t foreign correspondents ask the question? Surely the world, future tourists, business investors etc need to understand who is running the show? 

Soidog I remember 2-3 Month's ago the UK was naming a Thai variant until someone from the Thai Government made the phone call to the British Embassy in BKK along the lines of your insulting out people stop saying that and hey presto never heare'd of it again.

Ah yes Cambodia is functioning. Bars open. Restaurants open. Open markets shut. Weather, maybe one of two hours a day of rain.

Issan john changed his name to Simon Small, and is now Stonker, but he cannot change his constant habit to correct all members posts, and impress us all with his great wisdom.

Hi Toby one of my friends lives in Phnom Penh with his Cambodian wife and Son he owns the Blue Moon bar in Rd five i believe. 

See you all back here in 4 weeks for the 'Thailand is saved' article.

The story line has changed after 1 day  

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2156279/virus-easing-in-4-6-weeks
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha hopes the Covid-19 situation in the country will ease in the next four to six weeks, a source said, amid public concerns over a rise in daily coronavirus cases.

Or is it amid public concerns of his fake news of 2-3 weeks.

For my next trick I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat.

I think there is a little more to the origin of the word Farang.  Birdpoop Farang has a nice ring to it but is even more offensive.  Denoting someone by their skin colour is not socially acceptable in most countries.  Consider for example, *igger or *ook.  They can simply be used to indicate someone's skin colour, but are often used in a hateful or racist manner.

I will not say what Thai's in the South from BKK To Phuket call Issan people but its extremely derogatory. 

Hi Toby one of my friends lives in Phnom Penh with his Cambodian wife and Son he owns the Blue Moon bar in Rd five i believe. 

Are you sure this is in Phnom Penh? I don't know of it, but I see there is a Blue Moon Bar in Sihanoukville.

Wrong Drbill73 Bubonic Plague " The black Death " was spread from body lice as early as the 13th Century in England it did not come from China.

• Like 1

Are you sure this is in Phnom Penh? I don't know of it, but I see there is a Blue Moon Bar in Sihanoukville.

Yes he is called Simon Toby its a Man City theme bar could be blue moon Rising. i will message him and ask him its name and local.

Just a seriously WRONG statement, even if in his twisted logic he thinks it will placate the loyal throng

It's still gonna bite him on the bum big time when the numbers are around 50,000 per day in 3 weeks

But perhaps that's a good thing, if it helps to bring about proper and fair Democratic change to this badly battered nation