Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Now goes by the name Stonker, previously Simon Small, previously Issan John. 

I will of course try not to take the piss out of him LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

You really seams not know a lot about that there are Europeans born in Thailand and have Thaipassports and have companies in the 3rd generation. Grimm, Ital thai etc etc there are many. And they have to care of Thai families and children are affected if they crash Thailand but should have no say about this is a ignorance and your mindset but not any relevant for them.

Great so they are not farangs then they are Thai with Thai passports, my comments have been aimed at the farangs in Thailand who get angry and complain about the government without knowing they have no voice or rights.

Do you know that children born in places like England who have an English father and a Thai mother can also get a Thai passport and the right to live in Thailand, of course they choose to live in England as my kids do but the passport is handy for buying land/house in Thailand as it can be in my sons name so is secure. 

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

Ah yes Cambodia is functioning. Bars open. Restaurants open. Open markets shut. Weather, maybe one of two hours a day of rain.

Issan john changed his name to Simon Small, and is now Stonker, but he cannot change his constant habit to correct all members posts, and impress us all with his great wisdom.

Great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

Did you not know? Some might say we are lucky to have him - not me. lol

Come on now, he is good for a laugh!

10 minutes ago, TiT said:

See you all back here in 4 weeks for the 'Thailand is saved' article.

Yes true. The headline will be:

"Thailand after four long weeks in now back to normal with a slight delay of one more year, no gold medal at the Olympics for me."

7 hours ago, gummy said:

So why do you actually bother to contribute to a Thai forum if so much about Thailand disappoints you ? 

Thai bashing on this forum has been relatively mild so far.  I hope it stays that way.

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

Farangs do have the right to write on farang blogs sites like this as no one takes anyones comments seriously, if you think you have the right then go in the street and demonstrate or write to the government to complain and then see what rights you farangs do have in Thailand.

And no, the word farang is not an insult to us, it is from the word farange (I don't know the spelling) which means French man as they were the first farangs to do trade with Thailand. 

Yes, you explanation of Farang is correct. Only problem is all while people aren’t French. Some are as diverse as Russian, Argentinian, Canadian and British. So to collect the whole world that is white in one word is racist. If you don’t believe it upsets people. Try calling a Thai Burmese or worst still Lao. You will see thru don’t even like being regarded from a neighbouring country 

17 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Thai bashing on this forum has been relatively mild so far.  I hope it stays that way.

Non Thai bashing also I would hope??

Please don’t hold your breath  where did the 10million doses of Pfizer that the US donated to Thailand why is the PM purchasing the China vaccine the Government is killing the economy and the great people of Thailand 

Yes, you explanation of Farang is correct. Only problem is all while people aren’t French. Some are as diverse as Russian, Argentinian, Canadian and British. So to collect the whole world that is white in one word is racist. If you don’t believe it upsets people. Try calling a Thai Burmese or worst still Lao. You will see thru don’t even like being regarded from a neighbouring country 

I think there is a little more to the origin of the word Farang.  Birdpoop Farang has a nice ring to it but is even more offensive.  Denoting someone by their skin colour is not socially acceptable in most countries.  Consider for example, *igger or *ook.  They can simply be used to indicate someone's skin colour, but are often used in a hateful or racist manner.

Edited by bushav8r
  • Like 1

Now goes by the name Stonker, previously Simon Small, previously Issan John. 

Thanks for the info.  I can pre-emptively block him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Non Thai bashing also I would hope??

No bashing allowed.  Add it to list of rules.  The fools can obey it and it can guide the rest of us.

Well, that's the most positive view about Covid I've heard so far. 

In my country the Former Guy told us it was no worse that the Flu, and would just go away.......(waiting)

It started of with a farang stating 'we the people have spoken' or something similar and I replied stating a farang does not have any rights to any opinion in Thailand as most farangs only have temporary living status there and can be out of the country on their arses anytime the government decign ngdes to do it. 

The Thai authorities seem to think blacklisting foreigners is the ultimate punishment.  Perhaps it is in some cases.  Of course we are guests, but we can chose to be guests elsewhere "as well".  They have to realize that there are more places to visit on the planet.  Thy are trying hard and I wish them well.  They try  to  protect themselves from the dirty foreign menace but have done little to protect  the ones brave enough to travel to Thailand.

• Like 1

In my country the Former Guy told us it was no worse that the Flu, and would just go away.......(waiting)

How has that worked out for you?

• Haha 1

I go away for a few days and come back to the news that Prayut has declared Covid over in a month.  That is such great news and I am sure everyone here has been pleased to hear his decree.

If I go away for another week, maybe when I come back the Junta will have all resigned and there will be a new Party who represents the real Thai people in charge?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I go away for a few days and come back to the news that Prayut has declared Covid over in a month.  That is such great news and I am sure everyone here has been pleased to hear his decree.

If I go away for another week, maybe when I come back the Junta will have all resigned and there will be a new Party who represents the real Thai people in charge?? 

Good luck with that.

• Haha 3

I am not British and my children born here. We are a big family and many responsiblities and property we have to take care, too. It is for single persons a bit different as if you have to take care of many people or many responsiblities. And if you have a Thai family they have many connections and responsibilities they cannot cut because of some Clowns. I can understand if you talk about longterm torists or retirees that have to look only about themself but most Foreigners or expats living here permanently have a family , a company or work for a company here. Many European companies (2000 companies only from Germany) you see them everywhere Bosch, Siemens, ABB, Grimm, Haefele ,Haier, Spar, etc, etc. So to think every or most Europeans here are for short time and just as longterm tourist or retiree here is a bit like not to know a lot about Thailands economy and structure. Maybe you meet only europeans in the Isaan in the village or bars , I guess.

Don't be prejudiced about Isaan villages as it indicates you know nothing about them.  Your post was correct and intelligent up to that point

Don't be prejudiced about Isaan villages as it indicates you know nothing about them.  Your post was correct and intelligent up to that point

It was not about Issan people it was about what he thinks about europeans in Thailand. 

It was not about Issan people it was about what he thinks about europeans in Thailand. 

Yes well aware of that but I respond to your final sentence which was "Maybe you meet only europeans in the Isaan in the village or bars , I guess." So as I said your post up 'till that point was intelligent, you just lost some points for that unnecessary and irrelevant final sentence.

Yes well aware of that but I respond to your final sentence which was "Maybe you meet only europeans in the Isaan in the village or bars , I guess." So as I said your post up 'till that point was intelligent, you just lost some points for that unnecessary and irrelevant final sentence.

Maybe you right but he described all europeans as this type of people and I get in the trap, he not meetd other ones where he is. Anyway we relatives in Isaan and land there so we love the Isaan don't get it wrong , I only wanted to say he doesnt know the Europeans who have families here. For any misunderstanding I apologize.

• Like 1

Maybe you right but he described all europeans as this type of people and I get in the trap, he not meetd other ones where he is. Anyway we relatives in Isaan and land there so we love the Isaan don't get it wrong , I only wanted to say he doesnt know the Europeans who have families here. For any misunderstanding I apologize.

Again another excellent post and from time to time we all make mistakes unintentionally and it is heartwarming to find posters like yourself, Thank you

..his medical expertise is as reliable as his governing expertise..  ..in other words, start with zero and go down from there..

• Like 1