Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

No, luckily I can afford to live in two counties and not be stuck financially in Thailand like a lot of people as they are not able to afford to go back home to live unless they live in a tent. 

What do you all do when you get old and can not get medical cover and then become ill as most old people will at some point, are they the ones who do most of the jumping out of fourth floor balconies in Thailand? 

You can afford to live in two “counties” ?maybe one day you can afford to live in two countries 

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

The old blokes who walk around with young girls make me laugh as well, the girls are just waiting for them to die so they can get their hands on the cash.

They don't seem to realise that the normal Thai people married to people their own age laugh at them as they pass by.

I suppose the main thing is to stay away from those Issan women, they are basis of most old blokes downfall as far as I have observed. 

How you jump from this subject to old men with youg ladies this is really the lowest level of what aboutism. By the way I am not an old man with a young lady but with children they fear about their future because of this incompetent Clowns. You will tell them the same useless whataboutism?!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

As a fairly impartial observer on this thread, could everyone just relax a bit?

It seems seems to be getting a little heated with the insults, irrespective of who started it or who's ball it is and who's dad is bigger. Yeah?

I try to stick with the humour, although I might be complicit with my Scunthorpe joke.

Cheers,

No heat, just a bit of fun, I am working away on my computer writing an iPhone app which will take months, so when I get a ping stating a reply has been sent to me I take a short break to reply.

It is no big deal as like I said farangs do not have a voice in Thailand so it does not matter what we write. 

But before anyone interprets this as me being negative, Thailand is a great place for long holidays and for people like me who can work anywhere in the world as long as they have a computer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

You can afford to live in two “counties” ?maybe one day you can afford to live in two countries 

Or I can be able to afford a decent auto spell checker LOL

20 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

J Paul Getty answered a question once do you not know women are with you for your money. He answered I  know very well.

The old men you ridicule probably know very well. Good luck to them. 

Hi Toby, I didn't realise it was you, how is Cambodia?

I have not seen any comments by Issan John AKA John Little since we changed to this new blog system, perhaps he has changed his name again?

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

He really dont get it that here not only retirees there are also people who have families here, have a company or work for a company here, have children here, many born here etc etc. This shows his ignorance and he really thinks everybody has to look only forhimself . This are the people who only can think me, me, me and I , I , I.

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

How you jump from this subject to old men with youg ladies this is really the lowest level of what aboutism. By the way I am not an old man with a young lady but with children they fear about their future because of this incompetent Clowns. You will tell them the same useless whataboutism?!

If you read the whole string of comments you will see it leads to a lot of various comments over a number of hours, I merely replied to other peoples comments too. 

It started of with a farang stating 'we the people have spoken' or something similar and I replied stating a farang does not have any rights to any opinion in Thailand as most farangs only have temporary living status there and can be out of the country on their arses anytime the government decides to do it. 

If you fear for the children's future, education etc then take them to England where they will get a great free education and future. 

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

No heat, just a bit of fun, I am working away on my computer writing an iPhone app which will take months, so when I get a ping stating a reply has been sent to me I take a short break to reply.

It is no big deal as like I said farangs do not have a voice in Thailand so it does not matter what we write. 

But before anyone interprets this as me being negative, Thailand is a great place for long holidays and for people like me who can work anywhere in the world as long as they have a computer. 

It's all right saying it doesn't matter what we write, but as long as it doesn't seem to wind up the others members na.
Not that I'm a mod or anything, but it would be good to keep a new forum civil.

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

He really dont get it that here not only retirees there are also people who have families here, have a company or work for a company here, have children here, many born here etc etc. This shows his ignorance and he really thinks everybody has to look only forhimself . This are the people who only can think me, me, me and I , I , I.

I brought up two kids in private education here in England and now they have great futures so obviously it is as you said not only 'me, me me'.

But now I have done that I can now have some 'me, me me' time.

But my initial comment goes from this afternoon, farangs do not have a say or a vote in Thailand nor permanent residence even if they do work for themselves or a company or have Thai kids. 

Farangs have to shut up and put up.

2 hours ago, Johno said:

We are now told that the epidemic with a daily  average of 16000 new cases will be over in 3-4 weeks just like magic..

You really could not make this stupidity up when the country is falling into total catastrophie with no viable vaccine available let alone distributed to the people..

What I don’t understand about the Thai media, is why, after 4 weeks have passed, and no sign of this being over, do they not simply ask him why he said that and does he admit he got it wrong? It not defamation. It’s not liable. It’s not against section 112 of the Thai criminal code. It’s a perfectly reasonable question that would need to be answered. Is it that they fear a drive by shooting? Do they fear they will lose their jobs? Or is it a Thai loss of face nonsense? If it’s all or any of these things, then why don’t foreign correspondents ask the question? Surely the world, future tourists, business investors etc need to understand who is running the show? 

3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

It's all right saying it doesn't matter what we write, but as long as it doesn't seem to wind up the others members na.
Not that I'm a mod or anything, but it would be good to keep a new forum civil.

Things others write might offend many people and they might consider it uncivil but that is their opinion but we don't have to all cry about it like little girls, if people wish to give their opinion but can not take other peoples opinion then they should stay away.

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What I don’t understand about the Thai media, is why, after 4 weeks have passed, and no sign of this being over, do they not simply ask him why he said that and does he admit he got it wrong? It not defamation. It’s not liable. It’s not against section 112 of the Thai criminal code. It’s a perfectly reasonable question that would need to be answered. Is it that they fear a drive by shooting? Do they fear they will lose their jobs? Or is it a Thai loss of face nonsense? If it’s all or any of these things, then why don’t foreign correspondents ask the question? Surely the world, future tourists, business investors etc need to understand who is running the show? 

They rest of the world knows Thailand is a military dictatorship just like they know there is sand in Saudi Arabia, it seems to be farangs who do not seem to realise it and ask questions as you have just asked. 

Enjoy the weather in Thailand, the food and the beaches as they are all great but forget about democracy. 

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

The old blokes who walk around with young girls make me laugh as well, the girls are just waiting for them to die so they can get their hands on the cash.

They don't seem to realise that the normal Thai people married to people their own age laugh at them as they pass by.

I suppose the main thing is to stay away from those Issan women, they are basis of most old blokes downfall as far as I have observed. 

Chill man. Did your lady run off with a Tom or Katoey? Keep it nice please. Richer old men having younger women happens in all cultures (ask Mick Jagger or Micheal Douglas). It just so happens that the definition of “Rich” is about 40,000 baht a month in some parts of Thailand. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

No problem my son. Say three Hail Mary's and all will be forgiven.

Might be easier to throw salt over the shoulder. No repercussions unless it catches some wind and burns someone’s eye out. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JamesR said:

If you read the whole string of comments you will see it leads to a lot of various comments over a number of hours, I merely replied to other peoples comments too. 

It started of with a farang stating 'we the people have spoken' or something similar and I replied stating a farang does not have any rights to any opinion in Thailand as most farangs only have temporary living status there and can be out of the country on their arses anytime the government decides to do it. 

If you fear for the children's future, education etc then take them to England where they will get a great free education and future. 

I am not British and my children born here. We are a big family and many responsiblities and property we have to take care, too. It is for single persons a bit different as if you have to take care of many people or many responsiblities. And if you have a Thai family they have many connections and responsibilities they cannot cut because of some Clowns. I can understand if you talk about longterm torists or retirees that have to look only about themself but most Foreigners or expats living here permanently have a family , a company or work for a company here. Many European companies (2000 companies only from Germany) you see them everywhere Bosch, Siemens, ABB, Grimm, Haefele ,Haier, Spar, etc, etc. So to think every or most Europeans here are for short time and just as longterm tourist or retiree here is a bit like not to know a lot about Thailands economy and structure. Maybe you meet only europeans in the Isaan in the village or bars , I guess.

32 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I have not seen any comments by Issan John AKA John Little since we changed to this new blog system, perhaps he has changed his name again?

Now goes by the name Stonker, previously Simon Small, previously Issan John. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Chill man. Did your lady run off with a Tom or Katoey? Keep it nice please. Richer old men having younger women happens in all cultures (ask Mick Jagger or Micheal Douglas). It just so happens that the definition of “Rich” is about 40,000 baht a month in some parts of Thailand. 

Hahaha - Is this where they drop the mike and walk off the stage? 

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am not British and my children born here. We are a big family and many responsiblities and property we have to take care, too. It is for single persons a bit different as if you have to take care of many people or many responsiblities. And if you have a Thai family they have many connections and responsibilities they cannot cut because of some Clowns. I can understand if you talk about longterm torists or retirees that have to look only about themself but most Foreigners or expats living here permanently have a family , a company or work for a company here. Many European companies (2000 companies only from Germany) you see them everywhere Bosch, Siemens, ABB, Grimm, Haefele ,Haier, Spar, etc, etc. So to think every or most Europeans here are for short time and just as longterm tourist or retiree here is a bit like not to know a lot about Thailands economy and structure. Maybe you meet only europeans in the Isaan in the village or bars , I guess.

Spot on comments. The very person who criticised people getting involved only with other Farangs seems to have his head filled with them. Big place Thailand. Lots of people there on work permits. Lots of people engaged in NGO’s also. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I brought up two kids in private education here in England and now they have great futures so obviously it is as you said not only 'me, me me'.

But now I have done that I can now have some 'me, me me' time.

But my initial comment goes from this afternoon, farangs do not have a say or a vote in Thailand nor permanent residence even if they do work for themselves or a company or have Thai kids. 

Farangs have to shut up and put up.

You really seams not know a lot about that there are Europeans born in Thailand and have Thaipassports and have companies in the 3rd generation. Grimm, Ital thai etc etc there are many. And they have to care of Thai families and children are affected if they crash Thailand but should have no say about this is a ignorance and your mindset but not any relevant for them.

39 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Ah yes Cambodia is functioning. Bars open. Restaurants open. Open markets shut. Weather, maybe one of two hours a day of rain.

Issan john changed his name to Simon Small, and is now Stonker, but he cannot change his constant habit to correct all members posts, and impress us all with his great wisdom.

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Oh, dear God...he's back!!! 

Did you not know? Some might say we are lucky to have him - not me. lol

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

No man, I do the running if you don't mind, I ain't that dim.

Yes true, but people laugh at people like Michael Douglas too, it is not the norm to marry young birds, it is the exception in all countries in the world.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Sorry James, many foreigners do work amd live here and the current situation DOES affect them!! They have every right to question the incompetence of Chanocha et al. EVERY RIGHT!! And please stop using the 'farang' word... has nobody told you it's offensive and not used by Thais in a complimentary manner! Soidog is perfectly correct to raise questions about the government and, if it ruffles feathers then great!!  

Farangs do have the right to write on farang blogs sites like this as no one takes anyones comments seriously, if you think you have the right then go in the street and demonstrate or write to the government to complain and then see what rights you farangs do have in Thailand.

And no, the word farang is not an insult to us, it is from the word farange (I don't know the spelling) which means French man as they were the first farangs to do trade with Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Issan? I would never go there as it is where all the bar girls come from so I will stay away from such places but I can imagine most farangs meet their wives at such bars.

The Thais I know are quite educated and send their kids to the UK etc for education as it is much higher standard than Thailand. 

Ich kenne die Firmen Siemens, AEG und viele weitere deutsche Firmen, da ich als Software-Ingenieur sowohl in Deutschland als auch in den USA gearbeitet habe.

Aber für einen in Thailand zu arbeiten würde bedeuten, dass meine Kinder eine schlechte Ausbildung erhalten würden.