Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks – 4 at the most

Thaiger

59 minutes ago, AdamX said:

If he means it, its a refreshing shot of common sense that the country so desperately needs.

And if he doesn’t, does that mean he is publishing Fake News

1 hour ago, AdamX said:

But he does not mean it. 

So …. His next step will be? Oh it will be increased Lock Down, yeah right. Look what a Claytons Lockdown did ie the Lock down you have when you don’t really have a Lock Down. 

1 hour ago, AdamX said:

Its time to

Just let the Thais govern their own country. If they balls it up that’s on them. For those that don’t like what their doing, there are still flights out of Thailand.

• Like 1

has he been smoking anatuns stuff there is no way this will be over by then  this from the man who said its all under control remember

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

instructed all relevant agencies to keep the public updated on the ongoing crisis

People already know. I think that must be code for - I’m not happy with the propaganda and you need to step up and stop spreading the truth to people. 

The sad thing is, he expects the Thai people to believe him.

He has so little regard for their patience, intelligence and acceptance that he believes that he - as an authority figure - just needs to say something for them to believe it's true.

The political, social and economic elite that backed his play to pull away from democracy are going to get their fingers burned when these deranged delusions don't come to pass, as he has prophesied.

• Like 2

He is just one of the Thai people. I don't think he's more stupid than most Thai people. I live among Thai people and I think that the way of "thinking" of PM and ordinary Thais is the same: without logic or meaning, without meaningful arguments.

• Like 1

I guess he thinks that within 21 days (a full infectious cycle for Covid...the Delta strain) it will all be over. Does that mean that tomorrow he will announce a complete lockdown of Thailand for that period? Full lockdown = no one leaves their home for any reason. Everyone wears a mask and there is door to door vaccinations of everyone (yes everyone). Because that is the only way his statement could be true.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

I guess he thinks that within 21 days (a full infectious cycle for Covid...the Delta strain) it will all be over. Does that mean that tomorrow he will announce a complete lockdown of Thailand for that period? Full lockdown = no one leaves their home for any reason. Everyone wears a mask and there is door to door vaccinations of everyone (yes everyone). Because that is the only way his statement could be true.  

He will only announce what those who control him tell him to announce. Other than Thaksin there has been no PM since 1932 that has acted differently as it is personal gain that drives them, not national interests

Remember when he came to power..? He took over every national TV station for an hour each Friday evening and preached total bo***x to the nation... Well IMO he's just doing same as he's always done.. telling the nation what they want to hear.. But without any truth what so ever!

To state the current crisis will be over with no vaccines in sight is totally ludacris.  You have to feel very sorry for the people of Thailand. This whole pandemic has been mismanaged from day 1. In any other civilized country, the PM would have take responsibility and stepped down. Most have no idea what percentage of the entire population has been tested, but it is a sure bet it is not a high number. You really have to question why a year later there are no vaccines and why isn't anyone holding the PM accountable to a truthful answer? 

What are all of the commentators here rambling on about, "listen to the people" etc, you are not the people, you are farangs with no rights in Thailand so shut up, put up with it or leave.

Thailand is good for long holidays and so all the political nonsenses can be ignored but it is not good to live in on long term temporary visas.

The farangs especially the ones on annual retirement visas make me laugh, they seem to think they are the backbone of the economy for some reason, Thailand wants the 40 million tourists a year back spending 6000 baht a day, they do not care about the relatively few farangs living in Thailand spending very little each month but talking as if they own the place. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What are all of the commentators here rambling on about, "listen to the people" etc, you are not the people, you are farangs with no rights in Thailand so shut up, put up with it or leave.

Thailand is good for long holidays and so all the political nonsenses can be ignored but it is not good to live in on long term temporary visas.

The farangs especially the ones on annual retirement visas make me laugh, they seem to think they are the backbone of the economy for some reason, Thailand wants the 40 million tourists a year back spending 6000 baht a day, they do not care about the relatively few farangs living in Thailand spending very little each month but talking as if they own the place. 

So to get back on topic, what are your thoughts about the PM's statement ?

15 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The farangs especially the ones on annual retirement visas make me laugh, they seem to think they are the backbone of the economy for some reason,

This what's called a blanket statement. Quite untrue, I imagine, apart from a few.

6 minutes ago, Faraday said:

This what's called a blanket statement. Quite untrue, I imagine, apart from a few.

You and I know that just as you and I know that there are always the holier than thou types here with chips on their shoulders who live in their own private delusional worlds. Ignoring them is the best policy I find.

23 minutes ago, gummy said:

So to get back on topic, what are your thoughts about the PM's statement ?

Most of his statements are irrational, it is what I expected him to say and hence I am not surprised, but what does that matter?

What matters is getting the vaccine and for people to be willing to take them by the millions, that is the only answer, anything else said is just sound. 

We are now told that the epidemic with a daily  average of 16000 new cases will be over in 3-4 weeks just like magic..

You really could not make this stupidity up when the country is falling into total catastrophie with no viable vaccine available let alone distributed to the people..

4 weeks? It's just too ridiculous to laugh at, who in their right mind would make such a statement? This tragic situation won't be fully over in YEARS. Vaccines will almost certainly enable us to live with it in some sort of normality within the next year or two, but it is NOT going away, probably for ever. IMO It will certainly mutate, probably many times, I just hope it doesn't mutate into a more deadly infection. If it does, the world as we know it, will be a very different place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Faraday said:

The old blokes who walk around with young girls make me laugh as well, the girls are just waiting for them to die so they can get their hands on the cash.

They don't seem to realise that the normal Thai people married to people their own age laugh at them as they pass by.

I suppose the main thing is to stay away from those Issan women, they are basis of most old blokes downfall as far as I have observed. 

1 minute ago, Johno said:

We are now told that the epidemic with a daily  average of 16000 new cases will be over in 3-4 weeks just like magic..

You really could not make this stupidity up when the country is falling into total catastrophie with no viable vaccine available let alone distributed to the people..

Well of course when policy is really made by persons totally departed from realty and in their own delusional, depraved and corrupt  dream world and whom consider themselves special then of course the ending is destined for catastrophe.

55 minutes ago, Thomazz59 said:

Shades of Adolf Hitler...

Huurrraaaayyy!!!!

Godwins theory is alive and well and exists on Thaiger talk!

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

You and I know that just as you and I know that there are always the holier than thou types here with chips on their shoulders who live in their own private delusional worlds. Ignoring them is the best policy I find.

I can imagine you have to be deluded in the first place to live in Thailand full time seeing as you have no rights, no right to permanency and you all live at the whim of the government with the annual visa and three month reporting as though you are common criminals. 

It is a great place for long holidays though as long as ones wealth remains in ones own country which one can escape to.

Edited by JamesR
grammar

Just now, JamesR said:

I can imagine you have to be delusional in the first place to live in Thailand full time seeing as you have no rights, no right to permanency and you all live at the whim of the government with the annual visa and three month reporting as though you are common criminals. 

It is a great place for long holidays though as long as ones wealth remains in ones own country which one can escape to.

So why do you actually bother to contribute to a Thai forum if so much about Thailand disappoints you ?