Health Ministry says all frontline medical workers will get donated Pfizer doses

Thaiger

With 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine expected to arrive in Thailand tomorrow, the Public Health Ministry insists they will be given to all frontline medical workers in the country. The doses have been donated by the US government and will be offered as third, “booster” shots, according to Sura Wisedsak from the Health Ministry. “I can confirm that this batch of Pfizer vaccine will suffice to vaccinate all frontline health workers and public health officials.” The Bangkok Post reports that every province has been ordered to provide a list of frontline healthcare workers who wish to receive a […]

The post Health Ministry says all frontline medical workers will get donated Pfizer doses appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

a number of medics and other groups calling on the US to monitor how the vaccines are distributed.” - clearly something the American government wants no part of and rightfully so. Talk about a no win proposition. 

Yeah yeah yeah. That's all fine and dandy and definitely ok, but why are all Americans with their families also not first inline or considered? They better have accountability for whom is getting jabbed with the Pfizer. That is the only vaccine me and my family want and I am a little disgusted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah yeah yeah. That's all fine and dandy and definitely ok, but why are all Americans with their families also not first inline or considered? They better have accountability for whom is getting jabbed with the Pfizer. That is the only vaccine me and my family want and I am a little disgusted.

You think America cares about expats? Well, only so far as 'have you paid your taxes.' Bombs dont come cheap you know.

It is sad when your government USA turns its back on its tax paying citizens and doesn’t help expats here in Thailand. We get very little help from the Embassy. They have stopped the outreach program. They charge $50.00 for notary service that is accomplished in less than one minute of their time. Can you say rip-off.  They do not work on American as well as Thailand holidays. That is approximately 34 days a year they do not work. Plus vacation time.
Now they say we can not help American citizens get a life saving vaccine.  But other countries that have embassies here in Thailand are helping their citizens. The USA is distributing vaccine 1.5 million shots here and and not one shot is earmarked for a American citizens. Exactly what do they do for for the American expat community here in Thailand? Many of the expats here in Thailand have serviced in the armed forces of the USA and we are treated like we do not exist. 

At least there was some kind of variety on the Noah's Arc. You vaccinated few millions of general population and already boosting medics after 3 month. After another 6 month, they will need another boost. Imagine, all people are dead, then medical workers will be out of job and asking for financial relief package? 

Just kidding, great respect for you guys and girls for saving lives!

I thought that a condition of the Pfizer vaccine donation by the U.S. was that 10% was to be used to vaccinate U.S.  expats in Thailand.

• Haha 1

Well as I reported in an earlier post my community hospital is still waiting so I will report an update when I have one but they have not yet been informed when they will be vaccinated. That was as of Sunday anyway. To say they are somewhat sceptical that they will indeed have the vaccine soon is an understatement

29 minutes ago, Utley said:

I thought that a condition of the Pfizer vaccine donation by the U.S. was that 10% was to be used to vaccinate U.S.  expats in Thailand.

I should write them a strong letter if I was you. Unforgivable.

2 hours ago, Utley said:

Originally stated to be 20%. 300k.

3 hours ago, Utley said:

That's the second time you have said that.  Where did you hear this?  None of the rest of us have heard it, that I'm aware of.