Thailand News Today | Boss indictment, Pattaya arrests, bubble burst | July 27

Thaiger

The Office of the Attorney-General has confirmed the indictment of Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, the grandson of the co-founder of Red Bull, for his controversial 2012 hit-and-run case based on new evidence. Police in Pattaya have raided a beach club and arrested at least 66 people accused of violating the emergency decree. Thailand’s CCSA has reported 14,150 cases and 118 coronavirus-related deaths today, dipping under the 15,000 threshold of the last 3 days. Plans for travel pacts, the much discussed travel bubbles, between countries are being dropped, as the Covid-19 pandemic shows no sign of abating.

The post Thailand News Today | Boss indictment, Pattaya arrests, bubble burst | July 27 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bars open outside bottle shops everywhere, especially in Sth Pattaya. Groups of 6, 8 or 10 gether for boozing from 5pm to 8pm on tables swt up by owners. How, why?

• Haha 1

Just now, Aboy said:

Bars open outside bottle shops everywhere, especially in Sth Pattaya. Groups of 6, 8 or 10 gether for boozing from 5pm to 8pm on tables swt up by owners. How, why?

How is simple - portable folding tables.    Why is possibly to meet customer demand. Just a guess though

get caught and the fine is hefty 18.000 plus baht, on the spot or over 30.000 if having to go to police station. Is it worth it?

get caught and the fine is hefty 18.000 plus baht, on the spot or over 30.000 if having to go to police station. Is it worth it?

It's been going on for ages around where I live, Im not getting fined over a bottle of beer 

I offer this prediction.  Boss will never be prosecuted and, in time, will either become so accustomed to his international lifestyle that he will not want to return and/or all charges will be eventually dropped.  Most likely both. His family is rich and powerful, so he will not face justice.  This isn't an observation unique to Thailand, it is a global truth, in my view.  

• Like 3

One wonders why all this concern about alcohol.  If your 'need' is so great, perhaps you should consider some of the treatment programs.  Much like the daily alcohol hiatus, one wonders why the need is so pressing, and ability to plan so compromised.  I enjoy a beer frequently but haven't indulged since the ban began.  Given the government's struggle with covid, I try to support their efforts, even though staying home this much is giving me cabin fever.  At least I'm not aware of anyone dying of cabin fever.

I offer this prediction.  Boss will never be prosecuted and, in time, will either become so accustomed to his international lifestyle that he will not want to return and/or all charges will be eventually dropped.  Most likely both. His family is rich and powerful, so he will not face justice.  This isn't an observation unique to Thailand, it is a global truth, in my view.  

where else can you get out of your head on coke then kill a cop then, and get away with it?