Bang Sue walk-in vaccinations for elderly expats to end Saturday

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i was talking about people that i actually know. so far no one. 

So you don't know anyone with Covid outside Bangkok, or know anyone who does?   

I'm sorry, but so what?

I don't actually know anyone with Covid in India, Brazil or Peru (or Bangkok) but all that says anything about is me!

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, @Chaimai, I don't want to be argumentative but I think establishing the facts here is important and your tap-dancing just doesn't cut it and blurs the reality even more than your previous comment.

I obviously can't comment on who you know, but that is still wildly misleading.

People from Surin simply went to Buri Ram, the neighbouring province, to be vaccinated which they were able to do as Buri Ram had more doses at the time than they needed despite making vaccination mandatory.

Buri Ram was never granted "special status" which was later "downgraded".  Buri Ram is simply the heartland of the Bhumjaithai party, controlled by Newin Chidchob, and Anutin (the Health Minister) is party leader and was responsible for vaccine allocation.  The tenuous justification of tourism came after the vaccines had been distributed, and tourism in Buri Ram is minimal.

It's not that "other provinces are different". 

The only province given that many doses was Buri Ram - even Phuket has never had that many doses, and neither has Bangkok even now.

Chonburi has been no more of a "nightmare" than any other province - in some ways a lot less so as the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital was the only hospital outside Bangkok to be listed on the nationwide app for registration, so those in Chonburi (Thai or farang) as well as Bangkok were able to register while nobody else was.

A number of the entitled farangs in Pattaya also broke the law by going to Bangkok to be vaccinated, lying about their address and breaking travel restrictions - hardly something to boast about or be proud of or which is likely to endear farangs to Thais, as they took vaccines away from those who were entitled to them.

No, totally untrue.

My post referred to "Bangkok only" because the change is for Bangkok only.

Your post was completely incorrect - end of story.

Just admit you haven't got a clue!

The 6-8 Farangs I know in Surin (go check THEIR stories on the local forum) were vaccinated at a local hospital from memory DEFINATELY not Buriram. 

Of the dozen or so Farangs that I know in Buriram most were vaccinated at the walk in facility at the Circuit. Five were vaccinated at Lahansai hospital as a result of 'who you know....'.

I don't give a flying fart what you believe - I post facts. On this occasion simply diffuse your bu11 sh1t statement that Farangs in the provinces were not being vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

E7WyP6TVoAALTbT.jpg

E7WyOw3VIAAN1vj.jpg

E7WyOClUYAQsQBV.jpg

Sorry, I'm not sure what your point is.

Those are photos of crowds waiting and hoping to be vaccinated in Bangkok, following the announcement that vaccines are available - obviously in an area which isn't fit for purpose.

Do you think you wouldn't get similar crowds if you announced the exact same thing in any province, and coralled them in an equally unsuitable area?

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

So you don't know anyone with Covid outside Bangkok, or know anyone who does?   

I'm sorry, but so what?

I don't actually know anyone with Covid in India, Brazil or Peru (or Bangkok) but all that says anything about is me!

my comment was a observation of my sampling of friends here in Thailand. thank you for your input.   

4 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Just admit you haven't got a clue!

The 6-8 Farangs I know in Surin (go check THEIR stories on the local forum) were vaccinated at a local hospital from memory DEFINATELY not Buriram. 

Of the dozen or so Farangs that I know in Buriram most were vaccinated at the walk in facility at the Circuit. Five were vaccinated at Lahansai hospital as a result of 'who you know....'.

I don't give a flying fart what you believe - I post facts. 

I'm sorry that I've obviously upset you, but no, you haven't posted "facts", nor have I posted what I "believe".

You made made a wild claim which was easily verifiable as completely false, which you tried to back-pedal, while everything I said is easily verifiable as 100% correct.

If that doesn't suit you and you prefer being abusive, so be it.

9 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

On this occasion simply diffuse your bu11 sh1t statement that Farangs in the provinces were not being vaccinated.

Sorry, but "bu11sh1t" or otherwise, I never made any such statement specific to farangs, or anything remotely like it - your imagination seems to have got the better of you.

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, yes ... if you're in Bangkok!

Why is it "the younger people's turn" in Bangkok, when they haven't taken care of "the elderly" elsewhere?

Don't they count?

Unless they're in the provinces, presumably! 

If you were in charge, would you focus on the hotspots first or just pick random provinces to send vaccines to? Covid does way more work in big cities than in smaller towns. 

The place where the most people live, is BKK, and the place with the most cases is.... BKK

I don't like the way they handle the vaccine situation too, but the vaccines they have available currently, should first go to the hotspots. Maybe some of them can be sent to other provinces, but that wouldn't be the focus + I've read that in other provinces people got vaccinated, so it's not that they are forgotten or something. 

Everyone will get their turn. They picked Phuket and Koh Samui first, now Bangkok, next who knows, probably Chiang Mai and Prachuap Khiri Khan. 

About taking care of the elderly elsewhere... They also can't make 100% of them get their vaccination. What if this will be the situation later? Should they just wait until 100% of them show up and not give the vaccine to anyone else who is trying to register from day 1? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

If you were in charge, would you focus on the hotspots first or just pick random provinces to send vaccines to? Covid does way more work in big cities than in smaller towns. 

The place where the most people live, is BKK, and the place with the most cases is.... BKK

I don't like the way they handle the vaccine situation too, but the vaccines they have available currently, should first go to the hotspots. Maybe some of them can be sent to other provinces, but that wouldn't be the focus + I've read that in other provinces people got vaccinated, so it's not that they are forgotten or something. 

Everyone will get their turn. They picked Phuket and Koh Samui first, now Bangkok, next who knows, probably Chiang Mai and Prachuap Khiri Khan. 

About taking care of the elderly elsewhere... They also can't make 100% of them get their vaccination. What if this will be the situation later? Should they just wait until 100% of them show up and not give the vaccine to anyone else who is trying to register from day 1? 

Spot on.

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Neither. 

I'd focus on those who need them most - hardly rocket science.

The place where the most people live, is BKK,

No, Bangkok is where 15% of the population live!

The  other 85% of the population ... well .... don't!

+ I've read that in other provinces people got vaccinated, so it's not that they are forgotten or something

Aaah ... you've been reading what some have been saying here.  It's cr@p.  Absolute cr@p.

Read the facts, rather than how someone would like them to be - the facts on this are all widely and freely available and easily verified, rather than just "my mate says".

What are you talking about?

There has been no registration in my province for nearly two months. It doesn't matter if people tried or not - there hasn't been any possible!

So because those who are elderly and vulnerable haven't been allowed to register, vaccines shouldn't be wasted on them in case they don't want them???

But instead they should be given to those who've been able to register and allowed to, even if they don't need them as badly???

Are you frigging serious?

I thought the days of "they don't need education / health care / decent working conditions /  vaccines as they may not appreciate it" had long gone.

All too evidently I was badly wrong.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Neither. 

I'd focus on those who need them most - hardly rocket science.

No, Bangkok is where 15% of the population live!

The  other 85% of the population ... well .... don't!

Aaah ... you've been reading what some have been saying here.  It's cr@p.  Absolute cr@p.

Read the facts, rather than how someone would like them to be - the facts on this are all widely and freely available and easily verified, rather than just "my mate says".

WTF are you talking about?

There has been no registration in my province for nearly two months. It doesn't matter if people tried or not - there hasn't been any possible!

So because those who are elderly and vulnerable haven't been allowed to register, vaccines shouldn't be wasted on them in case they don't want them???

But instead they should be given to those who've been able to register and allowed to, even if they don't need them as badly???

Are you frigging serious?

I thought the days of "they don't need education / health care / decent working conditions /  vaccines as they may not appreciate it" had long gone.

All too evidently I was badly wrong.

Jesus H Frigging Christ! ? ? ? ? ?

You can get the vaccine in BKK if you really want it. Only costs a bit of work. If that's not possible, you just have to wait, like everyone else. 

With your logic about the population, you can't send it to any province because the population of Thailand compared to any province is bigger, so you'll keep going in circles. 

In Bangkok they literally live on top of each other. A huge amount of people in a small space will get affected way more than a huge amount of people spread over a huge space. This is no rocket science. 

That part was the biggest nonsense I've read so far actually. I don't usually read nonsense.

Besides that I have read about it, I literally know people in other provinces who got vaccinated. Or are they lying to me? I know bigger people in the world may lie because they have some money in the game but, like, personally, it wouldn't benefit anyone to say your province got more vaccines than mine, unless you are a child who wants to make their team look bigger and better. 

About you question what I was talking about:

You're talking as if 100% of all the elderly foreigners in Thailand need to be vaccinated before they go to the next group. This will be way more difficult and slow than how they do it now. 

They should have more vaccines of course. Only then your plan will work. But they don't. So the plan that they came up with to treat the hotspots first, is a good one. Even if it's actually not going very smoothly at Bang Sue. But if there's a huge fire in your house, and something small  in your garden is burning, you probably will let your house burn and put out the fire on your lawn. You should go to the place where it's the worst and in the meantime make sure everyone in other provinces are cautious until the vaccine is there. 

About the no registration part: There's a site which literally let everyone over 60 register. But again, you should go to BKK. If it's really valuable to you, you could make a plan to go there. And if you don't have people around you to help, you are practically social distancing already and you can wait until it's available closer to you. (Not meant to be rude, even though I know you'll take down my whole post just because of this) 

About people who are not 60 or older, they could need it as badly, just to be less likely to spread it. You can't just vaccinate older people and be done there. If you also stop the spread, you'll be less likely to get mutations, which could infect even the vaccinated elderly again. So they can't finish group 1 100% and then go to group 2. It should overlap. And again, of course it should be done everywhere at the same time, but with the vaccines they have, they are not ale to and they should treat the hotspots first. 

But in stead of questioning my arguments, I'd like to hear arguments too on how it could be better. + you don't have to be agry just to have a discussion ?