American charged after not wearing a face mask at a Taco Bell in Pattaya

Thaiger

A 33 year old American man was recently charged for not wearing a face mask at a Taco Bell in Pattaya. Earlier this month, the expat and another foreign resident got into a heated argument at the soft opening of Taco Bell over whether to wear face masks while in line to order at the fast-food restaurant. After being confronted about not wearing a mask, the American shot back at an older expat, telling him to go “f*** a prostitute” and threatening to beat him up. Videos of the incident were widely shared on social media. Thailand’s Immigration Bureau decided […]

The post American charged after not wearing a face mask at a Taco Bell in Pattaya appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

Wearing a mask is not only to protect yourself but also others.

Don't forget to charge his gf too, she's not wearing mask either.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

Wearing a mask is not only to protect yourself but also others.

Don't forget to charge his gf too, she's not wearing mask either.

I would go further and say that the main purpose of wearing a mask is protection for others.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chaimai said:

I would go further and say that the main purpose of wearing a mask is protection for others.

I would go even further than further and say apart from protecting others many should wear a mask as they are downright pig ugly. ?

It's total lack of respect for other people ,i can't understand if you're in another country as a tourist and deciding not to wearing face mask and not follwing the rules and regulations then in my opinion they should fine him heavily or kick him out and ban him (and the gf ) for some time to come back to LOS .

Show respect !

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

If one can’t follow the law then there are other places to go.  I’m actually surprised a visa is renewed in cases where the law is ignored.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slacker77 said:

It's total lack of respect for other people ,i can't understand if you're in another country as a tourist and deciding not to wearing face mask and not follwing the rules and regulations then in my opinion they should fine him heavily or kick him out and ban him (and the gf ) for some time to come back to LOS .

Show respect !

How do you know he was a tourist ? Could have dual nationality perhaps. So whether he was a tourist or national is completely irrelevant unless it is purely xenophobia that now determines guilt.  Breaking the law is irrespective of status in the country, or should be.

It 's nice to see some self important idiot get his come upance. 

I'm sure his attitude went down a storm with the Immigration officers later !

One less D**khead  to  stand behind in the queue next time.

• Like 11

I also am an American in Thailand/ I am ashamed of this idiots behavior and I hope that Thai immigration kicks him and his friend out of the country immediately 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

It is blacks like this that cause racism. He is not only causing unneeded health hazards by not wearing a mask, but escalating the problem by using a stream of foul language and threats.

All he needed to do is wear a mask just for the short time he was in Tacos, but he is so sure of his superior status, mon, that he thinks he is exempt.

And the baseball hat on back to front! As they say in the US. "Gimme a break!"

• Like 8

2 hours ago, junkman said:

Dual nationality. Seriously doubt out. Do you know the criteria for that? Seems his English vocabulary was quite limited. Doubt he is capable of speaking another language. Xenophobia lol. 

< DELETED - you should know better than to respond - refer forum guidelines>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

8 minutes ago, Richardd said:

I also am an American in Thailand/ I am ashamed of this idiots behavior and I hope that Thai immigration kicks him and his friend out of the country immediately 

Hear! Hear!

As an American, I applaud that sentiment.  This tool and his skanky girlfriend should be bounced out of the country.

• Like 4

I still talk with a few American friends who are adamant about NOT wearing masks or getting a vaccine.  Cannot or will not change their minds even after 16 months. 

My cousin in California was just approached this week by a woman who said my cousin was abusing her children by making them wear a mask while playing outside!  

It is worse in America than here it seems, yet this guy is a perfect example of Covidiot, but it seems 30% or so of the world have become Covidiots.  

Happy they tracked this guy down, but a "fine" is really not enough of a punishment IMO

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Richardd said:

But they won't will they ? It is just another publicity opportunity by the RTP and will will be simply a case of fining him, as defined already and then bye bye. The RTP will hardly kick out their cash cows will they ? The more they offend the more the RTP will make and in these desperate times their extortion rackets are taking an almighty hit so other avenues have to be explored.

The guy comes across as just a privileged bully and likely uses this tactic to get his own way. Also likely if you went outside with him he would be the one calling on you to throw the first punch, just so he can say he was just fighting in self defence. One day he might just call out the wrong person!

Not a shining example of the best from his country. But I am sure he would tell you that he is!

• Like 5

Sad to see another ugly American incident here being reported.  I get it nobody likes wearing a mask all the time, but this is not normal times and unless one’s head is stuck in the sand we should follow the rules of our host country and do our best not to contribute to this current covid wave.  I also have friends back home in the USA that are against it, but we are in another country and are required and should follow their laws and rules.  If one doesn’t like Thailand’s laws or rules then just stay home, and do what you think is best there.  Side note: I for one would want to avoid getting locked up in the Thai jail or prison system, as covid-19 is spreading quite fast in those crowded facilities.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Richardd said:

Same here ashamed to see an American behave badly over here.  My guess is he probably wouldn’t do this again if fined and not sure if kicking him and his gf out of the country is justified?  Getting kicked out would be a better option than getting locked up tho!

• Like 3

<quote removed>

Just joined today, and already calling another member a tool... Behave yourself, stupid disgusting comments like yours are not wanted on here.

If you cannot be civil to other members, then there is no place here for you.

A lot of us joined this forum to get away from that nonsense on that other forum.

• Like 4

Hope the girlfriend was charged too. If someone is going to be in another county they need to follow their rules as anyone else. Be respectful. The mask is to protect others and they work very well! Cases have went back up in the US after mask mandates were lifted. Also have been proved for years before covid that masks work when your sick to protect others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gummy said:

How do you know he was a tourist ? 

Because the Immigration Police said so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I would go even further than further and say apart from protecting others many should wear a mask as they are downright pig ugly. ?

I'd go even furter. If you worry about your health, why go and eat at Taco Bell? ?

The black guy should be polite and wear one when he's inside a public building. 

The white guy should not be complaining so quick and take that western bs back to his own country. They are always the first to make a big point out of something small. 

From my experience, if someone takes off their mask for something around Thai people, they either look at you, ignore you or walk away. Western people always try to police others. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gummy said:

But they won't will they ? It is just another publicity opportunity by the RTP and will will be simply a case of fining him, as defined already and then bye bye. The RTP will hardly kick out their cash cows will they ? The more they offend the more the RTP will make and in these desperate times their extortion rackets are taking an almighty hit so other avenues have to be explored.

Cash cows don't buy faux Mexican food in seaside resorts. Cheap, tasteless, chancers do. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

How do you know he was a tourist ? Could have dual nationality perhaps. So whether he was a tourist or national is completely irrelevant unless it is purely xenophobia that now determines guilt.  Breaking the law is irrespective of status in the country, or should be.

Please don't take this forum to where TVF is now where you need to tiptoe around, afraid of saying anything. No one is xenophobic. He just happens to be black, so what. He didn't follow the rules, so he gets fined. He's most likely a tourist or an expat as he has a white girl with him. If that's his gf or wife, it's very unlikely that he has dual citizenship.

• Like 4