The apocalypse begins...

JamesE

6 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

We should be afraid, very afraid. Anyone seen the planet of the apes 2021?

Is that the one that stars General Prayut in the lead role ?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Is that the one that stars General Prayut in the lead role ?

No, it was 100% Gavin Newsom. 

• Like 2

Literally seeing evolution in progress.

Because 4-5 million years ago, we were no different. Not that we are much different even know. We just have the ability to kill more of "the other guys" faster than our ancestors did.
(And some of us are less hairy and walk a little more upright. Emphasis on "some".)

I parked the bike about a block away from that intersection when I went there in 2018. Changed my mind when I saw all the monkeys hovering around. Easier to ride away than come back in an hour and have to fight to reclaim my bike from them (and find the leather torn up and sh1t everywhere).

I'd heard about how aggressive some of the monkeys around that shrine were but I wasn't expecting to see that many.

They really need to thin out those "tribes". A lot. 
Don't have to kill them. Just dart 50 or so of them from each tribe and let them go in the forest somewhere far from there. Like in the border with Myanmar.

Or you know. Wait until some child gets attacked because he/she was eating something and a horde of monkeys decided to try and steal it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kerryd said:

Because 4-5 million years ago, we were no different. Not that we are much different even know. We just have the ability to kill more of "the other guys" faster than our ancestors did.
(And some of us are less hairy and walk a little more upright. Emphasis on "some".)

I parked the bike about a block away from that intersection when I went there in 2018. Changed my mind when I saw all the monkeys hovering around. Easier to ride away than come back in an hour and have to fight to reclaim my bike from them (and find the leather torn up and sh1t everywhere).

I'd heard about how aggressive some of the monkeys around that shrine were but I wasn't expecting to see that many.

They really need to thin out those "tribes". A lot. 
Don't have to kill them. Just dart 50 or so of them from each tribe and let them go in the forest somewhere far from there. Like in the border with Myanmar.

Or you know. Wait until some child gets attacked because he/she was eating something and a horde of monkeys decided to try and steal it.

Alternatively invite a view bus loads of Chinese tourist there when they return and ask them to have their own al fresco meals

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Why Chinese? Why not Americans?

He's implying that the Chinese would quickly make a meal out of all those monkeys. ?‍?

Meanwhile, busloads of Americans would run and scream and curse and reach for their handguns, forgetting that the "commie bashturds" wouldn't let them bring them on the plane with them ! ?

11 minutes ago, kerryd said:

He's implying that the Chinese would quickly make a meal out of all those monkeys. ?‍?

Meanwhile, busloads of Americans would run and scream and curse and reach for their handguns, forgetting that the "commie bashturds" wouldn't let them bring them on the plane with them ! ?

Lop Buri isnt in China?

30 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Lop Buri isnt in China?

yes we know that but from my post  "invite a view bus loads of Chinese tourist there" where do you think we are talking about given the context of the OP. ? I'll give you a clue, it is not America either

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Ah, there you are. Why Chinese?

Not being rude but have you been drinking ? you asked this question 2 hours ago. Or perhaps its a parallel universe we are separately in and we have just endured a 2 hour time warp ?

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Not being rude but have you been drinking ? you asked this question 2 hours ago. Or perhaps its a parallel universe we are separately in and we have just endured a 2 hour time warp ?

No, sorry, I'm tee-total. You didn't answer it, so I asked again.  That isnt rude either.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kerryd said:

Because 4-5 million years ago, we were no different.

Homo sapiens are less than 200,000 years old... BTW

Maybe it is time we left some "cities" for the animals? 

Human population is growing faster than any other land animal, our hubris is never ending as well.

• Thanks 1

I was in Lop Buri one on one of those truck buses. There were kids aboard going to school, and one of these monkey jumped up and stole the kids lunch box.

I thought at the time these monkeys are out of control, yet all the town officials do is feed them so they do not raid kitchens.

Time for a cull . . .

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No, sorry, I'm tee-total. You didn't answer it, so I asked again.  That isnt rude either.

Ah see where you are going . No I didn't answer directly because the poster afterwards I thought had explained it. However to put you at ease. There is a suggestion  made a long while back that the Chinese eat Monkey brains uncooked, straight from the skull. It appears to just be an urban myth luckily but if you Google it you will see. So I thought most people knew that hence my comment about Chines tourists. So has that clarified the matter ( no pun intended ) ?

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

Ah see where you are going . No I didn't answer directly because the poster afterwards I thought had explained it. However to put you at ease. There is a suggestion  made a long while back that the Chinese eat Monkey brains uncooked, straight from the skull. It appears to just be an urban myth luckily but if you Google it you will see. So I thought most people knew that hence my comment about Chines tourists. So has that clarified the matter ( no pun intended ) ?

Admirably thanks.

Some people like these monkeys. I do not.

Nasty thieving brutes, who resort to violence when refused. No democracy with these monkeys. The top monkeys take everything. You know - like the Thai government.

38 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Homo sapiens are less than 200,000 years old... BTW

Maybe it is time we left some "cities" for the animals? 

Human population is growing faster than any other land animal, our hubris is never ending as well.

"The earliest documented representative of the genus Homo is Homo habilis, which evolved around 2.8 million years ago"
"Australopithecus afarensis is an extinct species of australopithecine which lived from about 3.9–2.9 million years ago (mya) in the Pliocene of East Africa."

"Lucy" was an "Australopithecus afarensis" who lived approx 3.2 mya (millions of years ago).

Australopithecus afarensis are considered to be a direct ancestor of the "homo" genus and lived from 2 to 4 mya. 
So yeah, our ancestors evolved a long time ago.

But yes, we are rapidly outpacing the planet's ability to support us. Recall in the movie "The Matrix" when Agent Smith was interrogating Morpheus and says:
"Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not.
You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is?
A virus.
Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, Poolie said:

Why Chinese? Why not Americans?

Hey! I resemble that remark. Personal preference would be to take all nationalities and let the monkeys sort it out. They'd have to do a better job than we are. Maybe give them a bunch of typewriters too.

• Haha 1