Phuket vice governor says “Sandbox” tourists aren’t scared off by Covid situation

Thaiger

1 hour ago, vlad said:

How much is it a night Cornelius ?

THB 6975 per night inc breakfast for the two of us, plus USD 220 resort credit for the stay. Probably rock bottom prices for the Banyan Tree. More than we were planning to pay, but the clincher was that they waived the 7-day cancellation  policy when I explained that the COE etc could go wrong at the last minute.  Other hotels simply said that the reservation was non-refundable by that point.

20 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I have been scared off by the situation in Thailand, I would have been in Phuket now for the next six months if it was not for the risk of arriving and being found positive and then locked away for two weeks in hospital even though I have had two vaccinations.

Plus what is there to do there? Most shops, bars, restaurants are closed and things will get even worse as the whole country is likely to become a no-go area as more districts become red zones.

Not worth the risk so I will wait to see what happens, plus everything is now open here in the UK and we are free to go anywhere so why would I want to put myself in jail in Phuket?

Central just got closed for 7 days

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Well that might be teh case, however I live on one of the islands that is open now, I have not been given a vaccine and will not be going out and spending anything while all these people are coming and I'm still at risk.

Money and face over lives and honour

Surely you have nothing to fear from anyone who is double vaccinated tested. Tested  prior to leaving their country. Tested again on arrival in to Thailand and tested again on day 6 before being allowed to travel to your island. If you need to isolate then it’s not due to anything you can contract from one of these visitors surely? These people will be some of the safest and most tested people on the planet.