Covid train cancelled, SRT cites lack of passengers

Thaiger

A “special” Covid train that was bound for northeastern Thailand from Bangkok, today, has been cancelled. The State Railway of Thailand says there weren’t enough passengers. Previously, the government had told the SRT to provide a train with 14 carriages to transport Covid patients from Bangkok back to their home provinces for Covid treatment. The Covid train was supposed to leave from Bangkok today, and got to the Ubon Ratchathani province, depositing 1,489 people. Then, another 1,400 people were supposed to be brought back to Nong Khai this Thursday. Finally, another 1,500 people were supposed to be brought back to Ubon […]

The post Covid train cancelled, SRT cites lack of passengers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

After this fracas, what can one say about how this country is being run misrun?

A ship without a rudder and without a captain with a functioning brain are the first words that come to mind.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The State Railway of Thailand says there weren’t enough passengers.

And this is the Government that does contact tracing to test for COVID19 rather than mass testing. They do not even know what numbers and where they are. Or is it they are to slow to react. Maybe they should pass this vital task over to the Immigration Office as they are an efficient Government organisation.

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A “special” Covid train that was bound for northeastern Thailand from Bangkok, today, has been cancelled. The State Railway of Thailand says there weren’t enough passengers. Previously, the government had told the SRT to provide a train with 14 carriages to transport Covid patients from Bangkok back to their home provinces for Covid treatment. The Covid train was supposed to leave from Bangkok today, and got to the Ubon Ratchathani province, depositing 1,489 people. Then, another 1,400 people were supposed to be brought back to Nong Khai this Thursday. Finally, another 1,500 people were supposed to be brought back to Ubon […]

The post Covid train cancelled, SRT cites lack of passengers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

People pressure has managed to defeat the dictators on this one. Let's hope it continues

Not wishing to be negative but this is worrying if the gov had 1400 plus yesterday, where are they today? does anyone know

• decided to stay
  • to ill to travel so in hospital
  • gone by themselves (is this possible... supposedly not)
  • Recovered ..great news

slightly off topic i am being vaccinated tomorrow there is supposedly a booking system we all have a number on the list to be seen to,(1/46) so avoiding a melee of people waiting

Now just checking today... turn up at 7.30 am along with about 1500 Thais over 60 others and wait

Whilst i am thankful i am not overlooked they have had at least 2 months to sort it out

And the next statement will be "due to the overwhelming success  in our Covid Efforts to slow down the spread " fewer numbers were moved. 

• Like 1

Sounds like the Covid Express is off the tracks then .. point being it was always a bit of a loco' idea so was destined for the sidings .. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A “special” Covid train that was bound for northeastern Thailand from Bangkok,

yes that train is called the Songkran Special. It departed last April. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

A ship without a rudder and without a captain with a functioning brain are the first words that come to mind.

Currently given a choice would you opt for a few weeks in BKK or Helmand Province?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

THAT'S WHAT I said.. but it got moderated!

Did you say or word it in the same way, or was it more direct? If same then this may be my first post about to be deleted. 

Strange, Bangkok Airways seems to be OK with flying 2 passengers to Koh Samui. Marketing people, learn some marketing. Then you can ask for bail out package from the government 

• Cool 1

12 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Come on, sing up, so long as you do it better than JD . . . he gave me the creeps. Great song, though!

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Not wishing to be negative but this is worrying if the gov had 1400 plus yesterday, where are they today? does anyone know

• decided to stay
  • to ill to travel so in hospital
  • gone by themselves (is this possible... supposedly not)
  • Recovered ..great news

Reportedly:

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Yesterday, officials discovered that most patients who had previously reserved spots on today’s train had already gotten home by ambulance, rescue vehicle, or chartered bus. Other patients that had been diagnosed have recovered and were discharged from their respective hospitals.

It was the best option, or at least the "least bad"  - certainly nobody here has come up with a better solution, despite the criticism.

That it never got off the ground is yet another case of "left hand / right hand", with no central co-ordination and wasted resources.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

People pressure has managed to defeat the dictators on this one. Let's hope it continues

... and your solution would have been?

We shouldn’t be surprised by this, should we? The fact they don’t know accurate numbers or where they are despite tracking apps and paperwork coming out of their ears shouldn’t surprise us, should it? 

Ive seen and heard the word facade used many times when describing Thailand. In many ways, the whole place is like some giant Universal Studios theme park. The Thais love buying and using the latest high tech ideas, but they stifle it with their “Thai style”. Like many of us, I’m use to going along to my local immigration office. Getting a ticket from the state of the art ticketing system and then seeing people walk in and go straight to a desk or jump the queue. I then go to the counter when it’s my turn and do all the  usual nonsense. The officer sits there in front of a computer doing “something”. And then they wonder off and come back with a big paper ledger and open it up and write my details in a book ?

As someone once quoted “ Behind every glorious facade there is always hidden something ugly”

Gotta love em! 

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

Sounds like the Covid Express is off the tracks then .. point being it was always a bit of a loco' idea so was destined for the sidings .. 

Aw naw, not again!

2 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

naaaahhh, i mentioned 1938 and the "J's " word.

Hahahahha. Just having some fun, but one post did get me scratching my head.

20 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Well this government announced they will run full term and win the next election. Probably will.