Free transport for Covid-19 patients returning to home provinces for treatment

Thaiger

Thailand’s Health Ministry says Covid-19 patients who want to return to their home provinces for treatment can avail of a dedicated transport service for free. Officials say patients should contact the National Health Security Office, adding that the service is for those with mild symptoms only. The Bangkok Post reports that at least 31,175 of the capital’s infected people left during the current lockdown. It’s hoped that people travelling to their home provinces for treatment will ease the pressure on Bangkok’s hospitals, currently struggling with a shortage of beds. The ministry says around 2.4 million of Bangkok’s 8 million residents […]

The post Free transport for Covid-19 patients returning to home provinces for treatment appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I could be completely wrong here but i think to send sick people home (free of charge) to places where they will feel more comfortable is a fabulous idea.Nice one Thailand.

6 hours ago, Tish said:

I could be completely wrong here but i think to send sick people home (free of charge) to places where they will feel more comfortable is a fabulous idea.Nice one Thailand.

Not just feel more comfortable but where they'll be able to be quarantined, which isn't possible for many in Bangkok.

There are plenty of critics out there, but the silence is deafening when it comes to alternatives.