Thai government could learn a thing or two from other countries, say Thais abroad

Thaiger

Thai nationals living abroad say their government should learn from how the pandemic is being managed in other countries. The Bangkok Post has spoken to a number of Thai citizens living overseas, who say they’re impressed with the financial compensation offered and the efficacy of vaccine rollouts in their host countries. A 31 year old Thai student at the University of Manchester says everyone, regardless of where they’re from, gets a free Covid-19 vaccine. Thammarit Khamplod has already had 2 doses of Pfizer. “As everyone is registered with the National Health Service, or NHS, everyone will have an NHS number, […]

The post Thai government could learn a thing or two from other countries, say Thais abroad appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

they will never listen to anyone exept their masters so why would they listen now too many hisos have too much leveridge on this mob

• Like 2

I was an English teacher for six years in Thailand. A coworker taught geography, and on his midterm and final exams, he would include this question: "Draw a map of the major continents of the world." A disturbing number of them would draw a map of Thailand. That is a common attitude, that Thailand is the only real country in the world.

• Like 1

This junta is so committed to looking up its own orifice that it will not pay any attention to anywhere else. Corruption, vested interests of the elites, personal agendas are all that count amongst this rotten mob. A fish rots from it's head and this one is decomposing in front of our eyes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HappyExpat said:

I was an English teacher for six years in Thailand. A coworker taught geography, and on his midterm and final exams, he would include this question: "Draw a map of the major continents of the world." A disturbing number of them would draw a map of Thailand. That is a common attitude, that Thailand is the only real country in the world.

That's because they watched the "King and I" with a vpn. Yul Brynner changed all that but they choose to forget again

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

That's because they watched the "King and I" with a vpn. Yul Brynner changed all that but they choose to forget again

I preferred Anna and the King.

50 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I preferred Anna and the King.

Was that the one where she was reincarnated as a flight attendant ?

52 minutes ago, gummy said:

Was that the one where she was reincarnated as a flight attendant ?

That one hasn't been released yet...... looking forward to the dog's birthday party though....?

• Haha 1

Somehow, the people of Thailand need to be taught that (TCKU) Thailand is the center of the known universe is a nationalistic fiction, just alot of drivel, and could not possibly be further from the truth. 

Smart nations, who are in trouble, take advice from others. Smart nations heading toward a crisis, accept assistance from other nations. Thailand in it's never ending hubris and arrogance, even denied the help of the WHO's COVAX program. What can one even say?

Government spokesman Anucha Buraphachaisri, responding to media reports that Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country to skip the WHO’s COVAX scheme, said that as a middle-income country Thailand is not eligible for free or cheap vaccines under the programme.

“Buying vaccines directly from the manufacturers is an appropriate choice... as it’s more flexible,” Anucha said.

Well, that worked out quite well Anucha, didn't it?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-defends-decision-not-to-join-covax-vaccine-alliance-idUSKBN2AE0CZ

I have a British friend who married a very nice Thai woman. Both are sophisticated and well educated. He took her back to his estate (yeah, it's beautiful!). After the visit, they returned to Thailand where she told him she was ashamed of Thai people. Paradigm shifted forever.

• Like 2