Jump to content
REGIONAL section now closed - all posts re-distributed by topic relevance

Stopover in Istanbul enroute to Phuket


danpeter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knows if I can do a stopover in Istanbul on my way to the Phuket Sandbox? I will fly from Montreal to Phuket via Turkish Airlines and would like to stop for a week to visit friends. According the the wording it makes it sound like I need to be in Istanbul for 3 weeks before traveling to Phuket? Or is that 3 week requirement starting from where I originate my trip in Canada? 

Thanks for your help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, danpeter said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knows if I can do a stopover in Istanbul on my way to the Phuket Sandbox? I will fly from Montreal to Phuket via Turkish Airlines and would like to stop for a week to visit friends. According the the wording it makes it sound like I need to be in Istanbul for 3 weeks before traveling to Phuket? Or is that 3 week requirement starting from where I originate my trip in Canada? 

Thanks for your help.

You can stop as long as 1) Turkey is on the approved list and 2) you stay for at least 21 days, and 3) you get another PCR test, and 4) your COE reflects the correct arrival dates, and 5) a - It's all booked as one trip or b - it's booked as two trips and the COE originates out of the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Turkey. There might be more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

On reflection I think that #4 is going to be problematic as the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Canada is going to think that that's a bit much for them to work with. So 1, 2, 3, 5b seem like the big concerns.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

You can stop as long as 1) Turkey is on the approved list and 2) you stay for at least 21 days, and 3) you get another PCR test, and 4) your COE reflects the correct arrival dates, and 5) a - It's all booked as one trip or b - it's booked as two trips and the COE originates out of the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Turkey. There might be more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

On reflection I think that #4 is going to be problematic as the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Canada is going to think that that's a bit much for them to work with. So 1, 2, 3, 5b seem like the big concerns.

Thanks James, seems not really worth it. These bloody rules are ridiculous, why should it matter if you stopover to not for 21 days? But I won't need a PCR test to get to Turkey, just my vaccine certificate 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, danpeter said:

Thanks James, seems not really worth it. These bloody rules are ridiculous, why should it matter if you stopover to not for 21 days? But I won't need a PCR test to get to Turkey, just my vaccine certificate 

If you do that routing would appreciate 2 large doner kebabs if you can, best in the world from there in my opinion.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, gummy said:

If you do that routing would appreciate 2 large doner kebabs if you can, best in the world from there in my opinion.

Doner kebab is fine when you are on your way home at 02:00 in Berlin pissed drunk, but in Turkey the mother of kebabs I will stick with the real thing, like Adana Kebab!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use