REGIONAL section now closed - all posts re-distributed by topic relevance

Stopover in Istanbul enroute to Phuket

danpeter

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knows if I can do a stopover in Istanbul on my way to the Phuket Sandbox? I will fly from Montreal to Phuket via Turkish Airlines and would like to stop for a week to visit friends. According the the wording it makes it sound like I need to be in Istanbul for 3 weeks before traveling to Phuket? Or is that 3 week requirement starting from where I originate my trip in Canada? 

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, danpeter said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knows if I can do a stopover in Istanbul on my way to the Phuket Sandbox? I will fly from Montreal to Phuket via Turkish Airlines and would like to stop for a week to visit friends. According the the wording it makes it sound like I need to be in Istanbul for 3 weeks before traveling to Phuket? Or is that 3 week requirement starting from where I originate my trip in Canada? 

Thanks for your help.

You can stop as long as 1) Turkey is on the approved list and 2) you stay for at least 21 days, and 3) you get another PCR test, and 4) your COE reflects the correct arrival dates, and 5) a - It's all booked as one trip or b - it's booked as two trips and the COE originates out of the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Turkey. There might be more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

On reflection I think that #4 is going to be problematic as the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Canada is going to think that that's a bit much for them to work with. So 1, 2, 3, 5b seem like the big concerns.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

You can stop as long as 1) Turkey is on the approved list and 2) you stay for at least 21 days, and 3) you get another PCR test, and 4) your COE reflects the correct arrival dates, and 5) a - It's all booked as one trip or b - it's booked as two trips and the COE originates out of the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Turkey. There might be more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

On reflection I think that #4 is going to be problematic as the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Canada is going to think that that's a bit much for them to work with. So 1, 2, 3, 5b seem like the big concerns.

Thanks James, seems not really worth it. These bloody rules are ridiculous, why should it matter if you stopover to not for 21 days? But I won't need a PCR test to get to Turkey, just my vaccine certificate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danpeter said:

Thanks James, seems not really worth it. These bloody rules are ridiculous, why should it matter if you stopover to not for 21 days? But I won't need a PCR test to get to Turkey, just my vaccine certificate 

If you do that routing would appreciate 2 large doner kebabs if you can, best in the world from there in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, gummy said:

If you do that routing would appreciate 2 large doner kebabs if you can, best in the world from there in my opinion.

Doner kebab is fine when you are on your way home at 02:00 in Berlin pissed drunk, but in Turkey the mother of kebabs I will stick with the real thing, like Adana Kebab!

• Like 1