Covid-19 train sends 1,490 infected from Bangkok to hometowns

Thaiger

10 hours ago, King Cotton said:

So much for the DDC saying, earlier today, that new infections may be falling in Bangkok . . . falling at such a rate that the 'authorities' - un-specified in the report - see fit to organise this first-time-ever evacuation of Covid sufferers.

Quite difficult to correlate this action to DDC's earlier optimism.

I was already confused of the numbers because there were some big clusters in factories in several Provinces that they not listet in the totals of the covid infections.

11 hours ago, PhayakPeter said:

Thais break the rules? I don't know any Thais that obey any rules. 

Yeah just look at their driving 

Just another glamor shot for officials send sick to the north. Having said that, 300 or so are nothing of the car's, van's as well as some private busses hauling loads of people from Capitol city north. 

Were are all the Road Checks along Mittraphap Road on #1 as well as #2 highways? I travel north from Bangkok the normal why North to Srisaket. 

No Road Checks heading out of Bangkok at Don Mueang, Ayutthaya, Sara Buri, Buriram, sakeau and final at Srisaket. 

I was prepared with that new QR Code requirement, my 72 hour negative Test as well as my Vaccination Certificate issued by MedPark for 1st jab of 8 days ago... For what? 

• Like 1

In less than 4 hours, I traveled back to Bangkok. Same route and still no road side So Called Health and Travel checks... NOTHING... CCSA SPEEKS WITH A FORKED TONGUE., ONE SAYS THIS, THE OTHER SAYS THAT.. How about WALKING YOUR TALK! 

I've seen some stupid Government policies across the world regarding what is done with virus positive people, and this is among the top of the stupid ideas list.

Domestic air travel is being stopped, but travel on the train is allowed of people known to have the virus.

We don't have enough beds in Bangkok, so we're allowing these people to travel all over the country, which couldn't possible create the same situation in those places in the coming week.  But don't worry about that now.

Elect stupid politicians, win stupid policies.

Edited by IanT
update
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, IanT said:

Thing is mate, the crowd in government here were not elected, they are only there due to falsifying election results, and making sure there were enough yes men in the Senate to get things done their way.

The present PM was not elected by the people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IanT said:

I've seen some stupid Government policies across the world regarding what is done with virus positive people, and this is among the top of the stupid ideas list.

Domestic air travel is being stopped, but travel on the train is allowed of people known to have the virus.

We don't have enough beds in Bangkok, so we're allowing these people to travel all over the country, which couldn't possible create the same situation in those places in the coming week.  But don't worry about that now.

As I've said before,@IanT:

Well, you come up with a better option under the circumstances - not what should have been done with vaccinations and controls months ago, but what can be done now.

Of course it isn't a good option, but what is any better ?

What's your solution, that doesn't allow them to "travel all over the country" but keeps them supervised, shielded and under medical supervision and ensures that happens from when they get on the train to when they're discharged from quarantine?

You think it's so "stupid"?

Well, in that case it should be very easy for you and your fellow critics to come up with something better.  I'm not defending the government or those running things, but in this case what better option is there?