Best and worst Olympic sports

BigHewer

Now that we’re underway in Tokyo, which Olympic sports are you interested in? And which ones do you have no interest in at all?

For me, football, karate and rugby are the big three.

Equestrian, yachting, Tae-kwon-do… meh

Synchronized swimming never seemed like a sport.  It may be difficult but so is rolling a coin down a street with your nose but being difficult hardly qualifies it as a sport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Track events are my favourites, closely followed by swimming.

Some events seem a little bit strange …..

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

Synchronized swimming never seemed like a sport.  It may be difficult but so is rolling a coin down a street with your nose but being difficult hardly qualifies it as a sport. 

Basically the only true sports are those ones contested at the first modern Olympics in Athens in 1896. Anything else was just later incorporated as a money spinner so basically a joke. Tennis, golf skateboarding  and the likes are fun for the participants, good earners for the sport sponsors but lets face it a total absurdity when it comes to tradition. Harp playing is more traditional than any of these.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Basically the only true sports are those ones contested at the first modern Olympics in Athens in 1896. Anything else was just later incorporated as a money spinner so basically a joke. Tennis, golf skateboarding  and the likes are fun for the participants, good earners for the sport sponsors but lets face it a total absurdity when it comes to tradition. Harp playing is more traditional than any of these.

You forgot beach volleyball, one of the more injury-prone modern sports...

Wrist-injury during beach volley-ball.jpg

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

You forgot beach volleyball, one of the more injury-prone modern sports...

Wrist-injury during beach volley-ball.jpg

short time with number 1 will do me, wrist injury or no wrist injury

11 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Actually the coin rolling I’d be more likely to watch. Get on it, IOC..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Track events are my favourites, closely followed by swimming.

Some events seem a little bit strange …..

Absolutely… I wonder if the horses realise they’re in the Olympics?

9 hours ago, gummy said:

short time with number 1 will do me, wrist injury or no wrist injury

Those sports I mentioned (football, rugby etc). Forget all that. I forgot about the beach volleyball.

8 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Those sports I mentioned (football, rugby etc). Forget all that. I forgot about the beach volleyball.

Same for me too. I'll take back what I said about ancient sports only and lets have beach volley ball with no qualifying requirement's, just let every nation take part, with ranking based on skimpiness of clothes?

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

Same for me too. I'll take back what I said about ancient sports only and lets have beach volley ball with no qualifying requirement's, just let every nation take part, with ranking based on skimpiness of clothes?

In fact Gummy, I’d take it one step further and introduce other sports such as pool, Connect 4 and twister. They talk about reigniting interest and relevance so there we have it.

Need like-minded gentlemen to infiltrate the IOC. And synchronized swimming would, ironically, retain its place.

Phuket 2036? 

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

In fact Gummy, I’d take it one step further and introduce other sports such as pool, Connect 4 and twister. They talk about reigniting interest and relevance so there we have it.

Need like-minded gentlemen to infiltrate the IOC. And synchronized swimming would, ironically, retain its place.

Phuket 2036? 

Book now to avoid the rush?