Phuket “car mob” protest demands the removal of PM, calls for mRNA vaccines

Thaiger

The Army is there to protect the wealthy elites of Thai society including the you-know-what (that which cannot be criticized). The people with all that money and power are not going to step aside peacefully. Unfortunately force will be required to change Thai society.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Hundreds of cars and motorcycles drove through Phuket in a so-called “car mob” rally, calling for the resignation of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha

This is all fine & well & I agree he has to go but...............

The time for this was long ago say 2016-2017

Instead I believe a lot of the hype is coming from He/himself as he now wants out.

His wallet if full enough for many generations to come & the public trough is near empty nothing more for him to take

Now tough real world problems are here & he knows he has not the skills so would love to use any excuse to step down.

As he has already said...You want me to leave? I can!

Because again his wallet if filled & he wants out

BUT>>>>>>>>>>> What do you think happens next? Thailand has a great government full of wisdom?

Even if that Wisdom existed how will it be elected?

How will politicians campaign during Covid?

How will elections occur during Covid??

NO...This is just what they want...One General...falsely elected to PM steps down

Anarchy starts as no government in place & no elections possible

Guess what comes next?

Second Verse Same as the first but this time they will not call it a coup like previous 13 coups....as no government exists to overthrow

Instead they/another General will waltz right in with same excuse as last time...Thailand needs stability

Edited by Meechai
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rob2010 said:

Feel bound to say fair play to Thaiger for this article. Seems much more  direct, with less pulled punches, than most of what is making it online as news re Thailand, both here and elsewhere.

?

And I think in general, this forum seems to be far more straight forward, far less cowardly, and far less influenced by toxic politics, than their counterpart, Thaivisa, which is overrun by timid, dictatorial, senseless, and emasculated moderators. And the same can be said about the media here. So, kudos to Thaiger. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChristyS said:

Usually they simply outlive them, then get into positions of power themselves, with expanding  opportunity for graft  and become just as corrupted. 

Sorry, but I do not share your pessimism about the youth here. I have met many, who are smart, passionate about their country (not just running around with a sense of blind patriotism), and want a better future for their nation. Thanathorn is a good example of that. He would make a great leader, if the crony senators could be removed, or exiled. 

I believe the future is in the hands of the youth, and the only way forward, is with their guidance and intelligence. Out with the old, corrupt, toxic goombahs. In with the youth.

Victory to the youth of Thailand! May they prevail, against the dinosaurs. 

• Like 1

You would think the Junta gets the message they are no liked and the people want them out. Big men they are hiding behind guns.

Agree with you Holycow the junta bullied there way into power and they have made many Enemies. They will have to watch there backs if ever there back in Civvy street, so there not likely to move out of there security zone. This is also a government who will rig the voting system and cheat there People, and no only too full well they and there family members will have to go into Exile, so again there not likely to go easily. If only the one who is there boss understood what there doing to his people he should remove this Government, but like the PM and the other leaders he is not listening to what he is being told.

And I demand Phuket to be declared a sovereign country, because they already have everything and deserve the best 

Edited by AlexPTY

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Agree with you Holycow the junta bullied there way into power and they have made many Enemies. They will have to watch there backs if ever there back in Civvy street, so there not likely to move out of there security zone. This is also a government who will rig the voting system and cheat there People, and no only too full well they and there family members will have to go into Exile, so again there not likely to go easily. If only the one who is there boss understood what there doing to his people he should remove this Government, but like the PM and the other leaders he is not listening to what he is being told.

Better to not comment.

18 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

There is a "way!!"

Ya know, even the ones who were happy to see him go and don't like him are now saying he would be highly welcomed back over these bozos.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ya know, even the ones who were happy to see him go and don't like him are now saying he would be highly welcomed back over these bozos.

'bozos'  For some reason that made me think of 'Bedtime For Bonzo' (1951) with Ronald Reagan, and
"the central character, psychology professor Peter Boyd, trying to teach human morals to a chimpanzee"

Edited by Bluesofa
misprit

18 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'bozos'  For some reason that made me think of 'Bedtime For Bonzo' (1951) with Ronald Reagan, and
"the central character, psychology professor Peter Boyd, trying to teach human morals to a chimpanzee"

Man I must be getting old if I knew what that movie is and about. 

image.jpeg.c6523f17b5c857af6915515fd7325edf.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:
28 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Man I must be getting old if I knew what that movie is and about. 

image.jpeg.c6523f17b5c857af6915515fd7325edf.jpeg

I only remember the name of the film because the UK TV Spitting Image constantly took the p!ss out of Reagan while he was president. They kept mentioning that film.

9 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I only remember the name of the film because the UK TV Spitting Image constantly took the p!ss out of Reagan while he was president. They kept mentioning that film.

I don't know why I remember it but probably because it was a fun comedy. Made way before I was born.

The monkey even went to college in #2. If he was Thai he would make an excellent PM.

image.jpeg.3624e36366b491f8ddb5b3e8b90afc20.jpegimage.jpeg.aae6b5e7cc3c2bb636bc4694d483069c.jpegimage.jpeg.cc3ab69533857f02c870e4b5d1b023a1.jpegOriginal Film Title: BONZO GOES TO COLLEGE. English Title: BONZO GOES TO  COLLEGE. Film Director: FREDERICK DE CORDOVA. Year: 1952. Stars: MAUREEN  O'SULLIVAN; EDMUND GWENN; GIGI PERREAU. Credit: UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL /  Album

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, whitesnake said:

222889720_1129610744232870_5631201851927052499_n.jpg

Like him or not, he got things done, and improved the lives of alot of common folks here. Alot more than one can say about the soi dogs running the nation now.

This all happened due to sheer stupidity and stunning greed. Thailand is really going into a world of hurt now. Tourism will not recover for years and domestic tourism just died. Millions of jobs lost.

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with.

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this second wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and rooting out his bad apple immigration guys, on the border. There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

Well, one thing is for certain. And if it was not apparent before Covid, it sure is now. They have a nearly non existent concern for the well being of the masses here, who have been affected negatively by Covid, the economic shutdown and the utter, long term collapse of the Tourism industry. 

The entire nation should be heaping criticism on this utter failure of a PM. He is literally destroying his nation, by the day. Anything, absolutely anything that can be done to limit the power of the army, and the toxic and corrupt senators they appointed, is a good thing for the nation. The dinosaurs must be made extinct. And the youth must be allowed representation or control. Total control, if possible. They are the only ones who can move this nation forward, and stop the heinous and regressive  army.

31 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

This all happened due to sheer stupidity and stunning greed. Thailand is really going into a world of hurt now. Tourism will not recover for years and domestic tourism just died. Millions of jobs lost.

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with.

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this second wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and rooting out his bad apple immigration guys, on the border. There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

Well, one thing is for certain. And if it was not apparent before Covid, it sure is now. They have a nearly non existent concern for the well being of the masses here, who have been affected negatively by Covid, the economic shutdown and the utter, long term collapse of the Tourism industry. 

The entire nation should be heaping criticism on this utter failure of a PM. He is literally destroying his nation, by the day. Anything, absolutely anything that can be done to limit the power of the army, and the toxic and corrupt senators they appointed, is a good thing for the nation. The dinosaurs must be made extinct. And the youth must be allowed representation or control. Total control, if possible. They are the only ones who can move this nation forward, and stop the heinous and regressive  army.

Many millions at 500 Baht a day ?............................wow, that will use up some of Thaksins billions.

36 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Well you need to consider who exactly put them there and keeps them there also as they are part of the same problem of not wanting the youth and others to disturb their depraved and corrupt lifestyles that they think they are entitled to.

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well you need to consider who exactly put them there and keeps them there also as they are part of the same problem of not wanting the youth and others to disturb their depraved and corrupt lifestyles that they think they are entitled to.

Indeed.......and they will not give that up lightly.

Hey Prayuth. What about your promise to fight corruption, that you made seven long years ago? I doubt if you remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire seven years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy.

For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. We all know even if you issued a red notice for the Red Bull criminal, Interpol would simply have a good laugh, as you have reduced your nation to a level, where few take it seriously anymore, and it continues to be a laughing stock of the world, when it comes to justice and the fight against both corruption, and rich criminals.

Just look at the heroin dealer who came back to Thailand recently from an Australian prison. He was immediately put into a position of power. Almost to say, good job, you got busted, but you are so rich it does not matter. Welcome back to the "totally above the law crowd!"

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense. Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man.

There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. Get out. Get out now. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Hey Prayuth. What about your promise to fight corruption, that you made seven long years ago? I doubt if you remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire seven years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy.

For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. We all know even if you issued a red notice for the Red Bull criminal, Interpol would simply have a good laugh, as you have reduced your nation to a level, where few take it seriously anymore, and it continues to be a laughing stock of the world, when it comes to justice and the fight against both corruption, and rich criminals.

Just look at the heroin dealer who came back to Thailand recently from an Australian prison. He was immediately put into a position of power. Almost to say, good job, you got busted, but you are so rich it does not matter. Welcome back to the "totally above the law crowd!"

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense. Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man.

There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. Get out. Get out now. 

My my, you sound just like spidermike007 from somewhere in my recent past ?? A thumbs up will suffice ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gummy said:

Nor should they get of lightly either

Hmm... but they will.

12 coups so far and I don't think anyone has been called to account.

Get rid of this one and another coup will follow.

Democracy (in it's real sense) is still in the embryonic stages.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:18 PM, AlexPTY said:

And I demand Phuket to be declared a sovereign country, because they already have everything and deserve the best 

I've often mused expats should do a funder and buy it- Thais ruin it with their garbage, greed and graft