Samut Sakhon Governor Veerasak offers to resign if communication in his province doesn’t improve

Thaiger

Veerasak Vichitsangsri, the governor of central Thai province Samut Sakhon, has offered to resign if Samut Sakhon officials are unable to contact Covid patients who are in community isolation facilities/pre-admission centres within 24 hours of the patients requesting to be transferred to hospitals for medical attention. Yesterday, on the “COVID-19 Samut Sakhon ” Facebook page, the governor confessed that communication between patients and officials could be better. Veerasak posted that patients requesting hospital beds has been an incessant issue. He adds that he has told officials to improve their communication and to ensure that patients’ requests get an answer with […]

The post Samut Sakhon Governor Veerasak offers to resign if communication in his province doesn’t improve appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Please resign now. You are at least indirectly responsible for the spread, in the second wave. Why on earth that seafood market was not shut down like Ft. Knox, the same say they found those initial 900 cases, nobody knows. 

12 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Please resign now. You are at least indirectly responsible for the spread, in the second wave. Why on earth that seafood market was not shut down like Ft. Knox, the same say they found those initial 900 cases, nobody knows. 

Might have had something to do with money and profits ?

Well guess if I had enriched myself beyond my dreams by benefitting from my appointed position, care of friends, I would resign also. Why care about the riff raff when the corrupt system/administration has enabled one to accrue a fortune ?

I commend this governor's promise to resign, but a far better remedy for the present fiasco would be a mass sacking of the failing officials who have caused this dilemma.