Covid UPDATE: 15,335 new infections, provincial numbers

Thaiger

5,335 new infections & 129 Covid-related deaths for Sunday. 641 of today’s announced cases came from Thai prisons. The number of new infections detected in the past 24 hours is another record for Thailand. Provincial totals published, thanks to the NBT… Number of people who received Covid-19 vaccines in the past 24 hours. – 1st dose: +117,421 – 2nd dose: +10,605 TOTAL: 15,869,844 • The Department of Disease Control said yesterday that the number of new Covid infections is “on a steep upward curve, doubling or tripling weekly”. The DDC’s Taweesap Siraprapasiri says that cases in the capital Bangkok are […]

The post Covid UPDATE: 15,335 new infections, provincial numbers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

5,335 new infections & 129 Covid-related deaths for Sunday. 641 of today’s announced cases came from Thai prisons. The number of new infections detected in the past 24 hours is another record for Thailand. Provincial totals published, thanks to the NBT… Number of people who received Covid-19 vaccines in the past 24 hours. – 1st dose: +117,421 – 2nd dose: +10,605 TOTAL: 15,869,844 • The Department of Disease Control said yesterday that the number of new Covid infections is “on a steep upward curve, doubling or tripling weekly”. The DDC’s Taweesap Siraprapasiri says that cases in the capital Bangkok are […]

The post Covid UPDATE: 15,335 new infections, provincial numbers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day. With almost negligible vaccinations for the people. 

That math?  Yesterday it was reported Petchabun has 1068 new cases on Friday.  Today it was reported over 2,000 more were found there on Saturday.  Yet these are not reflected in the Thailand totals nor the Provincial Totals.

Petchabun:   Thursday - 60; Friday - 99; Saturday 66; today 73. 

What happened to these cases?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154431/over-3-000-infected-at-phetchabun-chicken-plant

• Like 1

I was questioning some of the motivations of this government on Thaivisa, and got suspended yet again. Are the officials really trying to stop the spread? So much points in another direction. I could go on and on and on. But, you all see what is happening. 

Right now, anyone from the deep red zones like Bangkok, can just hop in their car, and travel anywhere they want. What ever happened to those 88 Bangkok roadblocks they were bragging about?

I have two friends who have traveled to and from Bangkok, to the south, within the past few days. Not one roadblock. Not one checkpoint.

How on earth do these guys think they can contain this, if they are not even trying to stop people moving from the absolute Covid center of Thailand, and traveling around spreading this virus? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bid you welcome.  I  H O P E  this site continues to offer more latitude in such situations.

Edited by Rotweiler
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dmacarelli said:

I was questioning some of the motivations of this government on Thaivisa, and got suspended yet again. Are the officials really trying to stop the spread? So much points in another direction. I could go on and on and on. But, you all see what is happening. 

Thaivisa was owned by a Thai company renowned for spreading government propaganda. Whilst they may recently have changed their name and perhaps sold to to another there is no proof of that, so be in no doubt that sycophants of the Thai government are still running their poisonous campaign in positions of moderators to deny any form of descent from the official Thai propaganda . That is the reason I suspect why you have been suspended

I know, I know, I know. I should have reacted when the outbreak happened back in December, and done the right thing by shutting down that area in Samut. 

I know. I should have taken the vaccine thing more seriously. I know, I should have had a more qualified health minister. I know, my pathological fear of the optics of a lockdown are causing many more cases than need be. And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have and could have done better.

Do you want me to resign now? I know what is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day. With almost negligible vaccinations for the people. 

These are new daily case figures per Province, not accumulative totals.

The number of new infections detected in the past 24 hours is another record for Thailand.

If yesterday Udon Thani reported 101 new cases, today they reported a further 180 cases.
281 confirmed cases in 2 days.

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

These are new daily case figures per Province, not accumulative totals.

If yesterday Udon Thani reported 101 new cases, today they reported a further 180 cases.
281 confirmed cases in 2 days.

Realise that it is not accumulative hence the figures are from daily totals, who said they were ?

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Realise that it is not accumulative hence the figures are from daily totals, who said they were ?

I was merely pointing out the way you phrased your original reply suggested the figure had gone from 101 cases yesterday, to 180 cases today, suggesting a daily increase of only 79.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day.

99.9% of the Thais I talk to are so far beyond fed up. And if the 3-5% who drank the kool-aid still believed, after this latest covid debacle, Prayuth, Anutin and the gang have been truly unmasked to a humiliating and inglorious degree.

Who could possibly still have any faith in their competence, and sincerity, at this point? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Faz said:

I was merely pointing out the way you phrased your original reply suggested the figure had gone from 101 cases yesterday, to 180 cases today, suggesting a daily increase of only 79.

So based on the fact I was quoting from a stated daily total of new infections and I said it had gone from 101 ( i.e the day before) to 180 ( i.e today) you assumed , wrongly, I was talking about accumulative totals ? When I went to school accumulative meant from day one to current, not the last two days so sorry stop trying to make out I phrased it wrong. My statement was 100 % correct. So I am now merely pointing out that if you wish to find fault with my factual statements then can I suggest you pm me, rather then attempting to make a fool of me, which you have succeeded in not doing,  as this is not the attituded I expect from anybody on this the forum, more so a moderator

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

So based on the fact I was quoting from a stated daily total of new infections and I said it had gone from 101 ( i.e the day before) to 180 ( i.e today) you assumed , wrongly, I was talking about accumulative totals ? When I went to school accumulative meant from day one to current, not the last two days so sorry stop trying to make out I phrased it wrong. My statement was 100 % correct. So I am now merely pointing out that if you wish to find fault with my factual statements then can I suggest you pm me, rather then attempting to make a fool of me, which you have succeeded in not doing,  as this is not the attituded  I expect from anybody on this the forum, more so a moderator !

2 hours ago, gummy said:

So based on the fact I was quoting from a stated daily total of new infections and I said it had gone from 101 ( i.e the day before) to 180 ( i.e today) you assumed , wrongly, I was talking about accumulative totals ?

Apologies, but I would have stated confirmed infections were 101 yesterday and a further 180 confirmed infections today, an accumulated total of 281 confirmed infections in 2 days.

I clearly understood what you meant and was merely trying to give an understanding and explanation to the members who may have misinterpreted your post as there only being an increase of 79 infections from yesterday to today.

Just now, Faz said:

Apologies, but I would have stated confirmed infections were 101 yesterday and a further 180 confirmed infections today, an accumulated total of 281 confirmed infections in 2 days.

I clearly understood what you meant and was merely trying to give an understanding and explanation to the members who may have misinterpreted your post as there being only being an increase of 79 infections from yesterday to today.

Sorry but I think most members fully understand that when quoting from a daily total of 101 to the last published total of 180  what is meant.  It is doing a disservice to the members to think they would not comprehend  that as you suggest. Especially when it was only you that mentioned accumulative totals for what reason I am unclear. So just for good order what is it you think would confuse other members when I quoted in my earlier post "Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day" in the context of the daily provincial totals as per the subject matter ? . I find your comments unacceptable, unnecessary and your excuses misleading and frankly whilst I accept your apology you should also apologise to the readership in assuming that they do not understand the meaning of daily totals. I suspect most on here are intelligent enough to fully understand that meaning

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry but I think most members fully understand that when quoting from a daily total of 101 to the last published total of 180  what is meant.  It is doing a disservice to the members to think they would not comprehend  that as you suggest. Especially when it was only you that mentioned accumulative totals for what reason I am unclear. So just for good order what is it you think would confuse other members when I quoted in my earlier post "Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day" in the context of the daily provincial totals as per the subject matter ? . I find your comments unacceptable, unnecessary and your excuses misleading and frankly whilst I accept your apology you should also apologise to the readership in assuming that they do not understand the meaning of daily totals. I suspect most on here are intelligent enough to fully understand that meaning

Wow.  Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

That math?  Yesterday it was reported Petchabun has 1068 new cases on Friday.  Today it was reported over 2,000 more were found there on Saturday.  Yet these are not reflected in the Thailand totals nor the Provincial Totals.

Petchabun:   Thursday - 60; Friday - 99; Saturday 66; today 73. 

What happened to these cases?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154431/over-3-000-infected-at-phetchabun-chicken-plant

You're absolutely right, @Rotweiler - the 3,000+ cases at the Phetchabun chicken factory were widely reported, but there's no sign of them anywhere.

There was a period before when migrant workers were reported separately then apparently not reported at all  - I wonder if that may be what's happened here.

If so, with migrant workers' camps "bubble 'n' sealed" in Bangkok, then the known figures are considerably higher than reported.  This sounds a bit like Phuket, where only "locals" are included in the figures, not international or domestic arrivals.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry but I think most members fully understand that when quoting from a daily total of 101 to the last published total of 180  what is meant. 

Please quote where you stated 'totals' in your original post?
Did you post the infographic figures from yesterday?

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Worrying for us in Udon Thani as  it has now gone from 101 to 180 in 1 day.

Sorry that statement suggests the infections increased from 101 yesterday to 180 today, which is clearly not correct. I've already explained I understood what you meant, but others may not have.

That's my opinion as a member, being a moderator has nothing to do with my comments.

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

Please quote where you stated 'totals' in your original post?
Did you post the infographic figures from yesterday?

Sorry that statement suggests the infections increased from 101 yesterday to 180 today, which is clearly not correct. I've already explained I understood what you meant, but others may not have.

That's my opinion as a member, being a moderator has nothing to do with my comments.

So you introduced accumulative totals into the discussion and now you have mentioned being a moderator into the discussion for some peculiar reason. Again to consider that you feel other members may not have understood what a daily total is is doing them all a disservice. But lets just leave it at that shall we because clearly you have no intention to apologise to others whom you consider unable to comprehend.

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

...now you have mentioned being a moderator into the discussion for some peculiar reason.

Handbags at dawn!

... and I can't help noticing that it was you who actually "mentioned being a moderator into the discussion", @gummy, three  hours before anyone else:

3 hours ago, gummy said:

...  this is not the attituded I expect from anybody on this the forum, more so a moderator ...

?   ?   ?

• Thanks 1

Where do the provincial numbers come from?   If I focus on Chiang Mai, today, 25/7/21,  new cases is listed as 54 in the graphic.
       https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/covid-update-sunday-15335-new-infections-provinces

Then if I look at the "Chiang Mai News" in Thai (translated to English) it states:
      https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/1729194/

100 new cases in Chiang Mai province today. It was found that 73 cases of infection in the province came from 41 chicken farm clusters, while the other 27 were imported from the provinces. 

So where are the numbers they put out coming from?

Comments are getting overheated and all are to take a deep breath and move on please.

• Haha 1