Where have all of Thailand’s boat shows gone?

Thaiger

OPINION by Paul Poole In 2017, ahead of the usual stream of boat shows and yachting events scheduled around the Kingdom, and before the current worldwide pandemic, I was asked if there was room for three boat shows in Thailand each year. My answer (you may have seen the article, original story HERE) was yes. But with several caveats. First the geography. I suggested the current concentration around Phuket is not sustainable in the long run. My original opinion has not changed. Phuket can only accommodate one boat show due to the size of the yachting industry, both in terms […]

The post Where have all of Thailand’s boat shows gone? appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hard to sustain a yachting industry, when the nation has so few marinas. Plus, great distances have to be traveled in between interesting destinations. Not exactly a yachting paradise, when it comes to infrastructure.

And now? Thailand is becoming less relevant to the world, by the day.