Covid UPDATE Sunday: 15,335 new infections, news briefs

Thaiger

1 hour ago, yetanother said:

bad reflection on the usa immigration (what is it now, "INS"?); but, balancing that, i fought to get my thai wife, now of 21 years, into the usa  , primarily on site with the hong kong usa consulate and , all told and judged, they did a pretty good job; took a bit, more than a little  ,but i think , considering a bureaucracy, a reasonable  process

I think it’s the way the word Alien has become synonymous with people from another planet. The English definition of the word is shown attached. So they are using the term correctly.   

A53443B0-F57B-444D-98BF-3E05E7F19A32.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think it’s the way the word Alien has become synonymous with people from another planet. The English definition of the word is shown attached. So they are using the term correctly.   

A53443B0-F57B-444D-98BF-3E05E7F19A32.jpeg

snakes for me areeasy 

24 minutes ago, JohnG said:

The part where my wife works at a major hospital and has had her hours greatly reduced and thus our income has nearly half of what it was. 

Your abuse is not appropriate thank you 

But then you should know the situation that many Thais cannot stay in a lockdown without having another source of income. I ask you sincerly do you think this people will stay at home and starving? who would do it? Or would you do it when your children starving? It is impossible to lock down a country without food supply and all necessary things. And dure they go to their homeprovinces when they loose their job or their business is closed otherwise they would starving and no money to rent a room. Just to lockdown without a planning and supply doesnt work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

But then you should know the situation that many Thais cannot stay in a lockdown without having another source of income. I ask you sincerly do you think this people will stay at home and starving? who would do it? Or would you do it when your children starving? It is impossible to lock down a country without food supply and all necessary things. And dure they go to their homeprovinces when they loose their job or their business is closed otherwise they would starving and no money to rent a room. Just to lockdown without a planning and supply doesnt work. 

Totally agree. You can’t lockdown for a month and expect people to have no way to survive. They should be looking to pay people at least 5,000 a month for street vendors and unregistered workers. Registered workers who need to lockdown should receive 75% of income. The country can afford to do this. Thailand is not a poor country. After it’s over pay for it with a massive windfall tax from the rich

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Totally agree. You can’t lockdown for a month and expect people to have no way to survive. They should be looking to pay people at least 5,000 a month for street vendors and unregistered workers. Registered workers who need to lockdown should receive 75% of income. The country can afford to do this. Thailand is not a poor country. After it’s over pay for it with a massive windfall tax from the rich

As laudable as that proposal is, I fear it will fall on deaf ears……and Stoney ground.

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

As laudable as that proposal is, I fear it will fall on deaf ears……and Stoney ground.

Now if the proposal was to pay elite 5 million a month so that they could more comfortably live in their tax havens until this has all blown over then it would be voted through at the drop of a hat.

6 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Yes of course it will never happen. I was suggesting that’s what should be done, not that it will be done. I guess one day, 300 years from now, things may change????

• Haha 1

Been away a few days - back now. How did it all go??

You didn't miss much.  Ever increasing Covid counts.  More people arriving from other forums.  All will be well in 2 or 3 - at the most 4 weeks.

• Haha 1