Covid UPDATE Sunday: 15,335 new infections, news briefs

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

For me easier but with family and children it is a bit different. Especially for the youngsters it is not an easy situation at the moment.

I agree and I too have a family here with children and I am desperately disappointed that they are missing out on those things in life that most of us enjoyed at their age and as parents then took for granted that it would continue.

39 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

Not really because half of the people on these forums are stupid trolls anyway.

Then why bother at all?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

They all seem healthy to me ?

They're all clucking mad. The world has gone stark staring bonkers, but entertaining nevertheless. .  

3 hours ago, Philly said:

Apparently 795 new cases in Chonburi

Mueang Chonburi 196, Si Racha 182, Banglamung (Pattaya) 231, Panat Nikhom 32, Sattahip 15, Ban Bueang 67, Pan Thong 25, Bor Thong 1, Ko Chan, 4, Nong Yai 7, and 35 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

The crazy part is this, taken from this article in the pattaya news website, hopefully I’m allowed to post this here. 

The details on the cases are as follows:

1. Cluster, 11 people from establishments in Panat Nikhom District
2. Cluster, an establishment in Phanat Nikhom District, 1 person
3. Cluster, 5 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
4. Cluster, 3 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
5. Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people- 27 cases
6. 13 medical personnel
7. Central Festival Pattaya Beach Shopping Center 9 cases
8. Traveling to risky areas in Bangkok 1 case
9. Many establishments in Rayong Province 14 cases
10. Close contacts:
10.1 237 family member
10.2 A total of 94 co-workers
10.3 23 close contacts/friends of previous patients who were “mingling”
10.4 A total of 3 people who attended an illegal party with a close contact
11. Close contacts (under investigation) 139 cases
12. 171 cases are under investigation in general
13. Proactive surveillance project at Chonrajasornramrung School site 44 people (The school was the testing location for the community, not the source of the outbreak.)

——-/-/

To be honest why not just name the establishments so people would know to get tested, is the thai Chana app actually being used?

Number 5 made me laugh, I wonder what it could be? ?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I agree and I too have a family here with children and I am desperately disappointed that they are missing out on those things in life that most of us enjoyed at their age and as parents then took for granted that it would continue.

I guess you also annoyed about the commentators who want to explain you what Thai people think and whats going on the moment but have no Thaifamily, no children here, not speak Thai ore can read it while your family are native speakers, not watch Thai tv or social media. Especially they have no clue what the younger generation think and about their worries and situation. This kind of ignorants think their future is more important than theirs while this kind of selfish ignorants just worry that nobody disturb them to enjoy to use the desperate situation to get everything cheap. And they think all expats are like them retirees or long term tourists without family . They are to ignorant to realize there are many came by their company or born here and/or have family here. And they think they can dictate or advice them about Thailand or even you should not have another or your own opinion. And if you have youngsters and family then you know exactly what the majority about the situation is thinking at the moment.

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

You would hope it is centralized to only corralled folk, but as you said, let's see, and tomorrow is a brand new day for figures. Certainly is a flash point behavior of getting super hot though.

73 case in petchabun today.

Whats about the chickenfarm with 3000 infected????

7 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Most seem to be localised clusters, or close contact family members.

In theory, the restrictions now in place should see a fairly quick flattening of the curve'......let's see.

I simply don’t accept the “localised cluster” notion. I’m sure there are peaks of outbreaks in certain locations such as a particular factory or market. But this virus is now just about everywhere. Over the coming weeks these small numbers which are currently going unnoticed will appear in all major populations. This is unless the government reimpose a national lockdown. That is their only way of containing this virus. Perhaps other options such as mass testing and/or introducing ideas other have posted around ivermectin May have a positive impact? But right now, these so called clusters are spreading across the entire country and swift action is needed. Actually the lockdowns they have now in Greater Bankok should have been done back in April following the Tong Lor incident and Songkran travel stopped. But that’s history and anyone can be right with hindsight. It’s the action they take starting now that matters. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Philly said:

Apparently 795 new cases in Chonburi

Mueang Chonburi 196, Si Racha 182, Banglamung (Pattaya) 231, Panat Nikhom 32, Sattahip 15, Ban Bueang 67, Pan Thong 25, Bor Thong 1, Ko Chan, 4, Nong Yai 7, and 35 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

The crazy part is this, taken from this article in the pattaya news website, hopefully I’m allowed to post this here. 

The details on the cases are as follows:

1. Cluster, 11 people from establishments in Panat Nikhom District
2. Cluster, an establishment in Phanat Nikhom District, 1 person
3. Cluster, 5 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
4. Cluster, 3 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
5. Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people- 27 cases
6. 13 medical personnel
7. Central Festival Pattaya Beach Shopping Center 9 cases
8. Traveling to risky areas in Bangkok 1 case
9. Many establishments in Rayong Province 14 cases
10. Close contacts:
10.1 237 family member
10.2 A total of 94 co-workers
10.3 23 close contacts/friends of previous patients who were “mingling”
10.4 A total of 3 people who attended an illegal party with a close contact
11. Close contacts (under investigation) 139 cases
12. 171 cases are under investigation in general
13. Proactive surveillance project at Chonrajasornramrung School site 44 people (The school was the testing location for the community, not the source of the outbreak.)

——-/-/

To be honest why not just name the establishments so people would know to get tested, is the thai Chana app actually being used?

Lots of clusters = Nationwide pandemic. 

24 minutes ago, Davidbean said:

Agreed. Even the published numbers don’t add up. Can you imagine the fiasco going on behind the scenes. Wads of paperwork being left in cars and down the back of desks. Thrown in waste baskets and hidden in managements desks. A total and utter fiasco and the numbers are meaningless. 

All people can do is protect themselves and their loved ones and wait it out. It’s impossible to know where this will go next. The numbers will of course rise and more restrictions will take place. People will learn to live with the high numbers and 100 deaths a day will be seen as a low number. Vaccines will eventually arrive in the next 6 months and 6 months later things will be brought under control. It’s the short to medium term economic damage that has, and will continue hurt millions. 

1 hour ago, Rotweiler said:

Interesting that these cases are not included in the totals.  Any other gaps?

Yes a rubber factory in the south is also not included

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Agreed. Even the published numbers don’t add up. Can you imagine the fiasco going on behind the scenes. Wads of paperwork being left in cars and down the back of desks. Thrown in waste baskets and hidden in managements desks. A total and utter fiasco and the numbers are meaningless. 

All people can do is protect themselves and their loved ones and wait it out. It’s impossible to know where this will go next. The numbers will of course rise and more restrictions will take place. People will learn to live with the high numbers and 100 deaths a day will be seen as a low number. Vaccines will eventually arrive in the next 6 months and 6 months later things will be brought under control. It’s the short to medium term economic damage that has, and will continue hurt millions. 

Yes needs another year but the problem how will the majority of Thai people can survive it when all is locked and their businesses. And the next is where they get the the money for the restart and opening. Countries need huge amounts of money to open up again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

maybe that will bounce back

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154467/379-new-infections-at-kanchanaburi-prison

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154103/1-000-cluster-at-phetchabuns-chicken-factory

Now it becomes totally confusing and 3000 were vaccinated of the with Sinopharm. But pbs said 1600 infected now in BP say over 1000 and a few hours ago I read about 3000. 

It seams numbers out of control now.

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154467/379-new-infections-at-kanchanaburi-prison

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154103/1-000-cluster-at-phetchabuns-chicken-factory

Now it becomes totally confusing and 3000 were vaccinated of the with Sinopharm. But pbs said 1600 infected now in BP say over 1000 and a few hours ago I read about 3000. 

It seams numbers out of control now.

The only numbers you can rely upon with this Thai administration are the lottery numbers.

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

Yes they could but also I could win the lottery if I buy a ticket. Right now no one really knows. I think maybe 20,000 before it starts to reduce. 

What is needed is strong measures against those who break the regulations. Show them how wrong they are 

So and you pay the food for the Thaifamilies who cannot stay at home because they need to go out to make some baht. In what bubble do you live that you don't know that there is a big part in Thailand with small businesses or working with a small daily income. You dont understand that this lockdown cannot work because none of them can stay at home and starving. It is a kind of ignorance and selfish not to know the situation in Thailand and demand to charge them more or harder. From what they shall pay it? You feed their families? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davidbean said:

Over 100 here in CM today. Yesterday 50-ish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yetanother said:

good point, so easy for us farang (we used to be called 'aliens; here and it was reported as such even in wikipedia) to overlook how many people here were surviving just on the proper side of 'barely';

this tips them over to the ugly side;

good point about the huge money required at startup, i dont think it is there or will be there (thailand liquidity pinch) but even if it were there, think about the corruption opportunities then with all that new money mushing around; as thai usual that would dampen any economic recovery

The term Alien is one they took from the U.S. U.S immigration also refer to people as Aliens. 

6 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Interesting that these cases are not included in the totals.  Any other gaps?

Which would raise the count to over 18000 if other factories are left out then the true count is probably over 20000 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AussieBob said:

15K on a Sunday - hold on folks it is about to get very bumpy and very much 'locked down'.

I think Tim saw the writing on the wall a long time ago when he decided to stay in Phuket - he has been around a while and saw it coming.  Chris from Retired Working For You moved to Samui a few weeks ago, and I think he also saw what was coming.  

They gonna hold it. Do you think they love us and their non people?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

They gonna hold it. Do you think they love us and their non people?

Right now I am inbetween. Fiinished Now ,