Covid UPDATE Sunday: 15,335 new infections, news briefs

Thaiger

This morning the public health department has announced 15,335 new infections & 129 Covid-related deaths. 641 of today’s announced cases came from Thai prisons. • The Philippines is suspending travel from Thailand and Malaysia and adding further restrictions in the capital, Manila, a city of some 13 million people. The aim is to prevent the faster spread of the Covid Delta variant. A spokesperson for the Philippine President announced that the travel restriction will take effect from today and run until at least the end of this month. The Philippines has previously banned travelers from 8 countries, including Indonesia and India. […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 15,335 new infections, news briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Having 14k - 15k everyday does not tell a good sign that is under control and going to go down. That is 15k possible to hand off 15k of infections, unless we are going to be told that these infections are in a quarantined area and it is just a matter of time before potential hosts are zeroed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Having 14k - 15k everyday does not tell a good sign that is under control and going to go down. That is 15k possible to hand off 15k of infections, unless we are going to be told that these infections are in a quarantined area and it is just a matter of time before potential hosts are zeroed.

Most seem to be localised clusters, or close contact family members.

In theory, the restrictions now in place should see a fairly quick flattening of the curve'......let's see.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

How many cases are in phuket for the last 7 days it must be awful close to 90 and PAUSE the sandbox time? 

Lets hope not

On Saturday, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said the number of new cases could double or even triple in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Most seem to be localised clusters, or close contact family members.

In theory, the restrictions now in place should see a fairly quick flattening of the curve'......let's see.

You would hope it is centralized to only corralled folk, but as you said, let's see, and tomorrow is a brand new day for figures. Certainly is a flash point behavior of getting super hot though.

• Like 1

15K on a Sunday - hold on folks it is about to get very bumpy and very much 'locked down'.

I think Tim saw the writing on the wall a long time ago when he decided to stay in Phuket - he has been around a while and saw it coming.  Chris from Retired Working For You moved to Samui a few weeks ago, and I think he also saw what was coming.  

• Like 1

Bangkok metropolitan area infections seem to be on the decline, so the government has clearly succeeded in its bid to push people out of Bangkok and spread the disease nationwide.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

Bangkok metropolitan area infections seem to be on the decline, so the government has clearly succeeded in its bid to push people out of Bangkok and spread the disease nationwide.

Well you can come to that conclusion but its a long and convoluted path.

• Haha 1

higher number, of infected and dead people, in any countries
= more people not believe anymore, what news, youtubers, etc. say.

finally, governments and all they, do something good.
take way any trust
of people and
make sure, most people are and know,
be infected of not wanted restrictions. :)

same for climate topic. more rain, or to same time in world,
= less people believe, i am guilty by co2.

Edited by think-and-ask
  • Like 1

The numbers in bkk will slow down because of the restrictions,but the problem is the other provinces, the numbers will continue to rise because of less restrictions,only seems logical what the next step should be. Also the number of test are so slow in Thailand, 8 million done 60+ million to go.I am beginning to question if the Thai goverment is to fully blame for the lack of vaccines,i am reading so many reports of vaccine companies being to blame for not delivering the vaccines as they promised ,now i feel to be fair i don't want to put all the the blame on the goverment, in saying that they have still not handled the restrictions nationwide enough sooner and delayed opening Thailand which i think they should never had contemplated until it was safer to do so. 

I guess i am just tired of all this B.S like everyone else and wish  to get back to normality again.

Edited by stuhan
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Well you can come to that conclusion but its a long and convoluted path.

Satire is at its best when half of the audience takes it seriously. It's obvious that the infection rate would be going up everywhere anyways, but I do believe that the decision to lockdown business in Bangkok made the rate of spreading much more rapid. Bangkok comprises of about 20 % of Thailand's population and when you lockdown the business empire, the people will flock back to home.

Now it's irrelevant if Bangkok infection rate ever goes down or not: it's impossible to open Bangkok again. The same people would be flocking back to Bangkok, bringing the infections back with them. (As if they wouldn't spread around in the bars and homes anyway.)

• Like 2

Apparently 795 new cases in Chonburi

Mueang Chonburi 196, Si Racha 182, Banglamung (Pattaya) 231, Panat Nikhom 32, Sattahip 15, Ban Bueang 67, Pan Thong 25, Bor Thong 1, Ko Chan, 4, Nong Yai 7, and 35 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

The crazy part is this, taken from this article in the pattaya news website, hopefully I’m allowed to post this here. 

The details on the cases are as follows:

1. Cluster, 11 people from establishments in Panat Nikhom District
2. Cluster, an establishment in Phanat Nikhom District, 1 person
3. Cluster, 5 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
4. Cluster, 3 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
5. Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people- 27 cases
6. 13 medical personnel
7. Central Festival Pattaya Beach Shopping Center 9 cases
8. Traveling to risky areas in Bangkok 1 case
9. Many establishments in Rayong Province 14 cases
10. Close contacts:
10.1 237 family member
10.2 A total of 94 co-workers
10.3 23 close contacts/friends of previous patients who were “mingling”
10.4 A total of 3 people who attended an illegal party with a close contact
11. Close contacts (under investigation) 139 cases
12. 171 cases are under investigation in general
13. Proactive surveillance project at Chonrajasornramrung School site 44 people (The school was the testing location for the community, not the source of the outbreak.)

——-/-/

To be honest why not just name the establishments so people would know to get tested, is the thai Chana app actually being used?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Philly said:

To be honest why not just name the establishments so people would know to get tested, is the thai Chana app actually being used?

People are still using that?

1 hour ago, THETRUTH said:

Satire is at its best when half of the audience takes it seriously.

Far better to just say what you mean. 100% of your audience will understand then.

1 hour ago, Philly said:

Apparently 795 new cases in Chonburi

Mueang Chonburi 196, Si Racha 182, Banglamung (Pattaya) 231, Panat Nikhom 32, Sattahip 15, Ban Bueang 67, Pan Thong 25, Bor Thong 1, Ko Chan, 4, Nong Yai 7, and 35 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

The crazy part is this, taken from this article in the pattaya news website, hopefully I’m allowed to post this here. 

The details on the cases are as follows:

1. Cluster, 11 people from establishments in Panat Nikhom District
2. Cluster, an establishment in Phanat Nikhom District, 1 person
3. Cluster, 5 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
4. Cluster, 3 from business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District
5. Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people- 27 cases
6. 13 medical personnel
7. Central Festival Pattaya Beach Shopping Center 9 cases
8. Traveling to risky areas in Bangkok 1 case
9. Many establishments in Rayong Province 14 cases
10. Close contacts:
10.1 237 family member
10.2 A total of 94 co-workers
10.3 23 close contacts/friends of previous patients who were “mingling”
10.4 A total of 3 people who attended an illegal party with a close contact
11. Close contacts (under investigation) 139 cases
12. 171 cases are under investigation in general
13. Proactive surveillance project at Chonrajasornramrung School site 44 people (The school was the testing location for the community, not the source of the outbreak.)

——-/-/

Not see Thais use Mor Chana app for months.

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

On Saturday, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said the number of new cases could double or even triple in the coming weeks.

maybe 600,000 per day will be a more realistic figure.

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

This morning the public health department has announced 15,335 new infections & 129 Covid-related deaths. 641 of today’s announced cases came from Thai prisons. • The Philippines is suspending travel from Thailand and Malaysia and adding further restrictions in the capital, Manila, a city of some 13 million people. The aim is to prevent the faster spread of the Covid Delta variant. A spokesperson for the Philippine President announced that the travel restriction will take effect from today and run until at least the end of this month. The Philippines has previously banned travelers from 8 countries, including Indonesia and India. […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 15,335 new infections, news briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2154431/over-3-000-infected-at-phetchabun-chicken-plant

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Far better to just say what you mean. 100% of your audience will understand then.

Not really because half of the people on these forums are stupid trolls anyway.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

They all seem healthy to me ?

You made my day happy to meet also people like you on this forum, thanks ??

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You made my day happy to meet also people like you on this forum, thanks ??

My pleasure, sometimes I get serious but light hearted humour is often an outlet for my frustrations. enjoy your time hear also.

4 hours ago, triplebogey said:

How many cases are in phuket for the last 7 days it must be awful close to 90 and PAUSE the sandbox time? 

I wondering, too. They were already over the 13 a day and last I read was 18 a day. But maybe they use a Thai calculation / calculator. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

My pleasure, sometimes I get serious but light hearted humour is often an outlet for my frustrations. enjoy your time hear also.

For me easier but with family and children it is a bit different. Especially for the youngsters it is not an easy situation at the moment.