English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Watching Watford vs Liverpool now… as usual the early kick-off commentary is not in English… Watford have some good shape despite conceding that early goal.

So much for that shape! Ranieri not a happy camper. Can’t believe they played such a high line at 3-0 down. Geez… need a plan B when getting smashed.

Turning our attention to another manager issue, who will Newcastle United appoint as Steve Bruce's replacement? According to this BBC Sport poll, Antonio Conte is the current favourite.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58851494

I'm hoping that any posters opening this link will be able to cast their vote. Otherwise, just a good few relevant facts and figures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Turning our attention to another manager issue, who will Newcastle United appoint as Steve Bruce's replacement? According to this BBC Sport poll, Antonio Conte is the current favourite.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58851494

I'm hoping that any posters opening this link will be able to cast their vote. Otherwise, just a good few relevant facts and figures.

Already voted for Fonseca. Best man for the job. Toon fans need something to be optimistic about. Plus a few signings in January 👍🏻

• Like 1

Loved seeing Man U get thrashed last Sat, hoping for the same next match, not so much the team but all those fake fans who have never even been to Manchester. What's wrong with supporting your local team however lowly?

Edited by Sarisin

On 10/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, BigHewer said:

Already voted for Fonseca. Best man for the job. Toon fans need something to be optimistic about. Plus a few signings in January 👍🏻

At least they didn't lose today

On 10/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, BigHewer said:

So much for that shape! Ranieri not a happy camper. Can’t believe they played such a high line at 3-0 down. Geez… need a plan B when getting smashed.

I bet he's happy today smashed Everton

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I bet he's happy today smashed Everton

Very pleased for him… Not many people would have picked 5-2 Watford going into that game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Next week Leeds vs Norwich will be an all important game for both sides, both sides need those 3 points so badly. 

Would that be Leeds first win? 

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Would that be Leeds first win? 

They beat Watford 1 - 0 at home.

Pretty dismal after making a good start last season. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Conte for Spurs.  Shame I thought they might have considered Daniel Farke because that way Norwich could stop procrastinating and get themselves another manager too. But never mind it looks like Brentford will be gifted 3 points on Saturday anyway.

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Well it looks like Conte for Spurs.  Shame I

@gummywhen I saw your post in the activity feed, I could only read the top line of it as above. I was expecting it to say: 

“Well it looks like Conte for Spurs. Shame I thought Conte might replace Farke at Norwich” 😂

5 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

@gummywhen I saw your post in the activity feed, I could only read the top line of it as above. I was expecting it to say: 

“Well it looks like Conte for Spurs. Shame I thought Conte might replace Farke at Norwich” 😂

I think I would have had to have posted that in the fantasy league thread 😂

Well a bit of a fluke there that Norwich won their first game and as a celebration they sacked Farke afterwards. So he will be available for Newcastle now.  How convenient is that and Farke could be in place with the Toons to face his old club at the end of  this month at St James's with Eddie Howe as the new Norwich manager. OK I'll settle down now and take my medication. 

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Well a bit of a fluke there that Norwich won their first game and as a celebration they sacked Farke afterwards. So he will be available for Newcastle now.  How convenient is that and Farke could be in place with the Toons to face his old club at the end of  this month at St James's with Eddie Howe as the new Norwich manager. OK I'll settle down now and take my medication. 

Strange get a win and sack the manager, do they have a plan B? Ole will be available soon, hopefully 

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Strange get a win and sack the manager, do they have a plan B? Ole will be available soon, hopefully 

Decision was apparently made on Tuesday, They won't pick a Noggie 'cos of no sense of humour . 

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Well done to Norwich and shame on those who ever doubted them, now they are no longer bottom of the table, but joint bottom with Newcastle on points but just lose out on goal difference.🦃

ps. couldn't find an emoji of a canary so used a turkey instead. 🙄

19 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Well done to Norwich and shame on those who ever doubted them, now they are no longer bottom of the table, but joint bottom with Newcastle on points but just lose out on goal difference.🦃

ps. couldn't find an emoji of a canary so used a turkey instead. 🙄

You mean one of these, I strangled mine after the first game of the season 😄

canary.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys some interesting games this weekend Eddy How's first game at the Toon he will miss the game because he tested positive,

SG first game for Villa lets see how he does against Brighton who have not been playing to badly,

And then DS first game for Norwich 

Lets see if we get the New Manager bounce.

Then finally we have Ole with his neck already on the block

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Well guys some interesting games this weekend Eddy How's first game at the Toon he will miss the game because he tested positive,

SG first game for Villa lets see how he does against Brighton who have not been playing to badly,

And then DS first game for Norwich 

Lets see if we get the New Manager bounce.

Then finally we have Ole with his neck already on the block

Big blow for Howe and NUFC. His presence would have added to the application and effort on the field.

I’ve got a feeling Villa will lift significantly against Brighton. Not enough time to bed in tactics, but he’ll have them buzzing. 

Hoping for a win but just can’t see it. Think it’ll be the same team that started against Villarreal but with Rashford in for Martial.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles

Van De Beek - McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Matic, Lingard, Fernandes, Diallo, Elanga, Martial

Score Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester United