English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Do any of you guys know how the FFP is calculated? I just read they can only spend 200 million 

Guess they will ask there Abu Dhabi pals in MC how to get around all that 😂

A quick bit of 'Googling' reveals that Motherwell, Hearts, Exeter and Newport footy clubs are owned by their supporters.

Also a club that I was associated* with many moons ago; Enfield Town (ET). They celebrated their 20 year anniversary in June of this year. Just to put things in perspective, ET's record crowd is just under the 1,000, thanks to a Spurs visit.

I would also be in favour of giving 'floating' shares to employees of a 'fan owned' club. Players, the tea-lady and the mascot included.

* Enfield Town broke away from parent club Enfield in 2001.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

A quick bit of 'Googling' reveals that Motherwell, Hearts, Exeter and Newport footy clubs are owned by their supporters.

Also a club that I was associated* with many moons ago; Enfield Town (ET). They celebrated their 20 year anniversary in June of this year. Just to put things in perspective, ET's record crowd is just under the 1,000, thanks to a Spurs visit.

I would also be in favour of giving 'floating' shares to employees of a 'fan owned' club. Players, the tea-lady and the mascot included.

* Enfield Town broke away from parent club Enfield in 2001.

That is an excellent idea and of the many many threads on this and elsewhere here are many complaints that foreigners can not own more than 49% of a Thai business.  Just think how beneficial to the fans that would be if that principle was applied  to British football clubs where they had to have a 51% British ownership . Of course "British" shell companies in tax havens excluded also.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

That is an excellent idea and of the many many threads on this and elsewhere here are many complaints that foreigners can not own more than 49% of a Thai business.  Just think how beneficial to the fans that would be if that principle was applied  to British football clubs where they had to have a 51% British ownership . Of course "British" shell companies in tax havens excluded also.

..................and just how many people around the World tune in to watch Thai Premier league football games every week ?

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Newcastle's next game is against Spurs, maybe the can give him a guided tour around the city

You mean like a subtle hint, Geordie style . . . an hour on the Quayside should do the trick 🤗!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Do any of you guys know how the FFP is calculated? 

Yes, rules are only enforced to stop Chelsea and Man City buying players , other Clubs can spend as much as they like 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fluke said:

..................and just how many people around the World tune in to watch Thai Premier league football games every week ?

Good question. Not sure how many watch it in Thailand even.

But back to the higher levels of UK football. Clubs like Norwich, Ipswich, Derby and Reading for example, are all clubs where a dedicated group of supporters could take control. It would be a breath of fresh air, and unite football supporters, instead of driving them apart. Imagine what it would feel like to be a part-owner of a club like Forest for example. To actually have a say, and get a voice heard.

Of course this goes against the American model of ownership, which the whole of the UK seems to be gradually adopting.

TBH, players living in gated communities and swanning around in their Bentleys or Farraris leave me cold. Danny Blanchflower would chat to supporters for hours on the streets at Tottenham Hale; and he was a real footy super star. I want to see players actually engage with their communities. During the present era, few are willing to speak out about injustices or wrongs, or do anything. And the first step is supporter owned clubs.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

TBH, players living in gated communities and swanning around in their Bentleys or Farraris leave me cold. Danny Blanchflower would chat to supporters for hours on the streets at Tottenham Hale; and he was a real footy super star.

I'm with you all the way, there, @snapdragon.  Today's crazy money is poisoning the entire footie culture and not only here in the UK; a situation which sadly is irreversible, money-greed having now become an ingrained feature of player/club interactions.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No idea so please let us know, exactly how many do ? and please quote the references list for those sources.

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

No idea so please let us know, exactly how many do ? and please quote the references list for those sources.

The point that I was making was that the Thai Football league isn't as popular as the English Premier league

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Me!

Hey @Lowseasonlover
How do you make an Arsenal fans eye's light up?

Shine a torch in his ears 🤭🤣😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The point that I was making was that the Thai Football league isn't as popular as the English Premier league

Where in this thread did anyone, other than just you ,make mention of the Thai football league ? Other than that  what is your point in mentioning the Thai football league as this thread is about the EPL which as you know is in England, not Thailand.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Where in this thread did anyone, other than just you ,make mention of the Thai football league ? Other than that  what is your point in mentioning the Thai football league as this thread is about the EPL which as you know is in England, not Thailand.

My point was that having a Thai style businesses where they must be 51 % Thai owned compared to the U.K where they can be 100 % foreign owned isnt such a good idea because English football league with Clubs 100 % foreign owned  is much more popular than the Thai football league where they majority of ownership needs to be Thai 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

Me!

Hey @Lowseasonlover
How do you make an Arsenal fans eye's light up?

Shine a torch in his ears 🤭🤣😛

Bordering on Essex Girl jokes now.

What does a female West Ham Supporter put behind her ears on a Saturday evening after an Irons win? Or even when they lose.

Her feet!

9 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Brucey needs to lose some weight.

His waist measurement is almost as big as his bank balance. Well, for the moment!

Yep he always looks like an imminent heart attack - looks ready to burst and that face has clearly seen better days !

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Newcastle's next game is against Spurs, maybe the can give him a guided tour around the city

Newcastles new owners have arrived for the match already 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Yep he always looks like an imminent heart attack - looks ready to burst and that face has clearly seen better days !

Sorry, @Benroon . . . you've not made the cut for getting onto Brucey's Xmas card list, especially since you didn't come up with a tried and tested therapy that he might try.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Sorry, @Benroon . . . you've not made the cut for getting onto Brucey's Xmas card list, especially since you didn't come up with a tried and tested therapy that he might try.

Nae bother @Benroon, Brucey’s card irrelevant, you’re sure to get a Christmas card from the FFA after suggesting Australia shouldn’t have to go through qualifying 👍🏻😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Cambridge diet ? 

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, Fluke said:

Newcastles new owners have arrived for the match already 

Where will the Geordie lady fans go?

Not in the director's box.

Anybody interested in for fun competition of "Last Man Standing".

For those who don't know it, the rules are fairly simple. Each week, you predict a team to win. If you are wrong you are eliminated. If you are correct, you carry on until you are the last man standing. You cannot choose the same team twice in any twenty game cycle.

Here is an extract of rules I've copied from another site. I've deleted the rules about 2nd/3rd place, gambing and text messages etc.

1. Just pick one winner from the Premier League match fixtures each week until elimated.
2. To progress in the competition, you must select a winning team. Draw or loss equals elimination.
3. Once selection is made, it is final.
4. You may not pick the same team twice. If same team is picked twice in competition automaticaly you will be assigned the first team alphabetically in the league provided that you have not already picked that team previously also. In which case you will be allocated the first team alphabetically you have not previously picked. 
5. Selections to be recieved no later than 7PM Friday evenings.
7. If you forget to make your selection by 7PM Friday evening, you will be assigned the first team alphabetically in the league subject to rule 4.
8. In the event of the match being cancelled or postponed, you will go through to the next round and that team is no longer available for selection.
11. In the event of all players being eliminated in any round, then all players shall be re-entered in the next round. (Whether they draw or lose)
12. Should only one player win in any round then he/she will win the competition and all other players will play out for second and third prize.
13. Should only two players qualify, then both those players will play on for first and second place and all other players will play on for third prize.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

5. Selections to be recieved no later than 7PM Friday evenings.
7. If you forget to make your selection by 7PM Friday evening, you will be assigned the first team alphabetically in the league subject to rule 4.

Sorry I’m late, John. Does this mean we’re all stuck with Arsenal for week #1? 🤣😎

But seriously though, good idea. I’d be up for it👍🏻