English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

How long this will take we don't know, good point I just heard Newcastle could get relegated the way they are playing at the moment they would be the richest club in the Championship

The Geordies do need to get some wins under their belt or they could easily go down.

But richest club in the Championship?! Sunderland could easily get promotion this season. They have a few bob in the kitty.

One things for sure. Black Cats v Geordies. Would fire up the imagination of even United fans.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, snapdragon said:

The Geordies do need to get some wins under their belt or they could easily go down.

But richest club in the Championship?! Sunderland could easily get promotion this season. They have a few bob in the kitty.

One things for sure. Black Cats v Geordies. Would fire up the imagination of even United fans.

Oh dear not that old rivalry starting to come to the fore again Geordies v Teesiders , what next a mention of Hartlepool and the Monkey hangers ?  😂😂

57 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I'm giving you a hard time today, @BigHewer . . . first a 'Ha-ha' and now a 'Sad' 🙄

Yes, poor old Brucey . . . always working his socks off, but seldom getting his just returns.

Brucey needs to lose some weight.

His waist measurement is almost as big as his bank balance. Well, for the moment!

• Cool 1

Exciting times to be a Newcastle fan, as a football fan I have always looked out for their results albeit not good for a few seasons now.

Out of all the football grounds I have been to and I've been to a few St James Park is the one I have been to the most apart from Old Trafford,

Over the years I've done a lot of work around the North East always guaranteed a good atmosphere especially around the Bigg market.

Ive even gone to watch Newcastle play when in London

I am interested to see how all this develops 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

23 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I'll just add another name being touted Brenda Rogers

I had to laugh at your typo, there . . . assuming it was a typo 😄.

There's just something about BR that doesn't ring true with me, right from when his Swansea success catapulted him to Liverpool, where I felt he never properly connected with his BIG players. And, if you want to hear a meaningless plethora of nothingness during yet another lost/drawn post-game review, he's the guy to give it . . . utterly meaningless. As a Toon prospect I can only give him a 🥱.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

His waist measurement is almost as big as his bank balance. Well, for the moment!

I actually think Brucey is bit trimmer than a few seasons ago in his Hull days. The pies must be pretty good at the KC stadium 🥧👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I had to laugh at your typo, there . . . assuming it was a typo 😄.

There's just something about BR that doesn't ring true with me, right from when his Swansea success catapulted him to Liverpool, where I felt he never properly connected with his BIG players. And, if you want to hear a meaningless plethora of nothingness during yet another lost/drawn post-game review, he's the guy to give it . . . utterly meaningless. As a Toon prospect I can only give him a 🥱.

He might be a good manager but just doesn't seem to hit the heights that are needed, like right now suffering a bit,

No it wasnt a typo it goes back to his days when he was at Liverpool it was a Manc joke

• Cool 1

10 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Ouch, @snapdragon . . . that's a bit cruel. Even as a regular top performer with Utd he always had, let's say, a heavy-build 🤔!

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

He might be a good manager but just doesn't seem to hit the heights that are needed, like right now suffering a bit

Well guess we won't have to wait too long now. Its the final of the Nations cup soon so the Saudis are wealthy enough to buy the entire winning team and Manager, give them Newcastle shirts and flights to the UK

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Oh dear not that old rivalry starting to come to the fore again Geordies v Teesiders , what next a mention of Hartlepool and the Monkey hangers ?  😂😂

You are bang on the money as usual Gummy.

What disappoints me is that a club be 'owned' by some entity or other.

Take Man United as an example. Back in the day the club was going to be purchased by a guy called Michael Knighton. His offer of 20+Million was accepted by chief executive Martin Edwards on behalf of United's shareholders. In the end it fell through for a couple of reasons. But! Surely someone could have put up the idea that 50,000 United fans, each paying 1000 squids, could have owned the club. The club would have been a revelation. Now fast forward to Newcastle. Can't tell me that something similar couldn't have been arranged for their devoted supporters.

I personally don't like this idea that people own football clubs. Nothing to do with the owner's origins. I don't care if they come from Egypt or Thailand or England; America even. It's about time football returned to the people. But really, that time was 30 years ago. If United had done it others would have followed, and football would be all the better for it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Take Man United as an example. Back in the day the club was going to be purchased by a guy called Michael Knighton. His offer of 20+Million was accepted by chief executive Martin Edwards on behalf of United's shareholders. In the end it fell through for a couple of reasons. But! Surely someone could have put up the idea that 50,000 United fans, each paying 1000 squids, could have owned the club. The club would have been a revelation. Now fast forward to Newcastle. Can't tell me that something similar couldn't have been arranged for their devoted supporters.

I personally don't like this idea that people own football clubs. Nothing to do with the owner's origins. I don't care if they come from Egypt or Thailand or England; America even. It's about time football returned to the people. But really, that time was 30 years ago. If United had done it others would have followed, and football would be all the better for it.

Or some sort of fan ownership like in Germany, I dont know if that would have worked.

What shouldn't have not been allowed was the Glazers to buy the club on debt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snapdragon said:

You are absolutely right of course and the clubs used to belong to the people. But all that changed first with limited allowable sponsorship then wholesale sell-outs by chairmen to major others, generally billionaires. Of course concurrently once the league split  to become EPL and EFL then greed took over further selling "rights" TV to the highest bidders. Unfortunately the rights that the fans had and those that supported those clubs in other ways have been totally disregarded.  Money and greed is the way of the world now unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hey, @BigHewer . . . don't be dragging me into Brucey's waistline issue 🤣

Good point, KC and apologies. I’d forgotten that they’d named their stadium after you 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about this, In January Newcastle could buy Harry Kane, he's not playing CL just what Newcastle need what a statement 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

How about this, In January Newcastle could buy Harry Kane, he's not playing CL just what Newcastle need what a statement 

That actually makes a lot of sense. I think there’ll be pressure for a marquee signing in January. 

City went in for Robinho right after their takeover. Kane obviously an even bigger statement than Robinho.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. I think there’ll be pressure for a marquee signing in January. 

City went in for Robinho right after their takeover. Kane obviously an even bigger statement than Robinho.

But do you think harry will go given the risk they could be relegated ?

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Newcastle's next game is against Spurs, maybe the can give him a guided tour around the city

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

As long as he gets the same wages, I think he needs to get himself a new agent

• Cool 1

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Doubtful. But… I recently read a book about FPL called “Wasting Your Wildcard”. Apparently bin Salman loves Fantasy Premier League, as do a lot of influential Saudis.

Surely he won’t try to buy Antonio, Raphina, Benrahma etc so that his two teams match up 😳🧐

• Cool 1

Just now, BigHewer said:

Doubtful. But… I recently read a book about FPL called “Wasting Your Wildcard”. Apparently bin Salman loves Fantasy Premier League, as do a lot of influential Saudis.

Surely he won’t try to buy Antonio, Raphina, Benrahma etc so that his two teams match up 😳🧐

Well, a bit of topic, but I bet the Saudis will love the nightlife. Unless it has changed since I was last there early eighties, it was and still is the only place I have ever had a BJ on the dance floor. oops perhaps I shouldn't that. But back to football I think Harry's ego is such he wants to be the number 1 in the club, irrespective of performances, just like Ronaldo is now with MU, so yes Newcastle could just give him that however I still think  Saint-Maximin is one of the best players in the EPL, love to watch him.