English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

right now Southampton Wolves 10 min before the end 0-1 ,

and i just stumbled into a great video where Stuart Pearce do the lead singing with The Stranglers new album 2021 ,check it out the guy can sing ok 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Geordies getting all excited with the take over, I think we will have to start a new thread for them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I see the Geordies getting all excited with the take over, I think we will have to start a new thread for them

In Arabic and I hope that if it does go thro the Saudis don't invite Steve Bruce to the Saudi Embassy

Great news. Should never have been scuppered in the first place. Ashley *finally* out. 

Newcastle United Champions 26/27… 100 year anniversary. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Great news. Should never have been scuppered in the first place. Ashley *finally* out. 

Newcastle United Champions 26/27… 100 year anniversary. 

Oh come on, Not before Norwich City in 2100 😂.  And on another note will Steve Bruce remain or will Jose Marinho make a return to the EPL perhaps ?

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Oh come on, Not before Norwich City in 2100 😂.  And on another note will Steve Bruce remain or will Jose Marinho make a return to the EPL perhaps ?

The bookies have Conti or Mancini as favorites 

• Cool 1

How long this will take we dont know, good point I just heard Newcastle could get relegated the way they are playing at the moment they would be the richest club in the Championship

• Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Eddie Howe according to this article yeterday

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/newcastle-manager-odds-steven-gerrard-antonio-conte-rafael-benitez-eddie-howe-favourites-if-steve-bruce-departs/195153

Next permanent Newcastle manager (odds via Sky Bet)

• Eddie Howe - 9/4
  • Steven Gerrard - 3/1
  • Antonio Conte - 4/1
  • Rafael Benitez - 5/1
  • Frank Lampard - 9/1
  • Jose Mourinho - 12/1

Odds correct at 1805 BST (07/10/21)

Eddie Howe would be great with the squad they’ve got, but I don’t know how he’d go managing the galactico types if they go on a buying spree.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Eddie Howe according to this article yeterday

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/newcastle-manager-odds-steven-gerrard-antonio-conte-rafael-benitez-eddie-howe-favourites-if-steve-bruce-departs/195153

Next permanent Newcastle manager (odds via Sky Bet)

• Eddie Howe - 9/4
  • Steven Gerrard - 3/1
  • Antonio Conte - 4/1
  • Rafael Benitez - 5/1
  • Frank Lampard - 9/1
  • Jose Mourinho - 12/1

Odds correct at 1805 BST (07/10/21)

What are the odds of them keeping Brucey? (or should that question be on the humor thread 🧐)

15 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

What are the odds of them keeping Brucey? (or should that question be on the humor thread 🧐)

8 million payout he's not going to walk thats for sure

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

31 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Possibly on a par with seeing the return of Kevin Keegan

37 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I'm giving you a hard time today, @BigHewer . . . first a 'Ha-ha' and now a 'Sad' 🙄

Yes, poor old Brucey . . . always working his socks off, but seldom getting his just returns.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

8 million payout he's not going to walk thats for sure

It’ll be interesting to see. City kept Hughes on for quite a while after their big takeover.

More likely to bring in someone like Howe and back him for a few signings in January.

• Cool 1

Just now, King Cotton said:

Yes, poor old Brucey . . . always working his socks off, but seldom getting his just returns.

As a player he had a very high work ethic too, he was well liked in the 3 years he played for Norwich

23 minutes ago, gummy said:

As a player he had a very high work ethic too, he was well liked in the 3 years he played for Norwich

Was the same at United but never got International recognition just one England B cap to his name I think

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I'm with you on the Conti call, @Lowseasonlover.  Since I always put player respect and admiration for their boss's achievements and confidence in his ability to lead them to success, I feel that Conti would be more likely than most prospects to generate that dressing room ethos and to help the players put their own egos in their pockets until they do achieve something worth shouting about. Even as a non-religious type, I'm praying that The Toon's new owners aren't tempted by the 'specialness' of Mourinho or the vanity of Mancini . . . just no faith in either of those two self-interested has-beens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

I'm with you on the Conti call, @Lowseasonlover.  Since I always put player respect and admiration for their boss's achievements and confidence in his ability to lead them to success, I feel that Conti would be more likely than most prospects to generate that dressing room ethos and to help the players put their own egos in their pockets until they do achieve something worth shouting about. Even as a non-religious type, I'm praying that The Toon's new owners aren't tempted by the 'specialness' of Mourinho or the vanity of Mancini . . . just no faith in either of those two self-interested has-beens.

No Mourinho I can vouch for that

• Thanks 1

Ive been looking at the Geordie fan pages watching them get all excited and all the names being thrown in the hat to take over SB, no one has mentioned Zidane he's available 

I'll just add another name being touted Brenda Rogers

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Ive been looking at the Geordie fan pages watching them get all excited and all the names being thrown in the hat to take over SB, no one has mentioned Zidane he's available 

I think they might bring Zidane in after they sack Howe. Oh.. wait

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I think they might bring Zidane in after they sack Howe. Oh.. wait

Now that is as bad as saying Rooney will succeed Bruce

6 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Yes, I reckon 'Zizou' might tick those 3 essentials that I mentioned above. Not a guy to be messed with, I'm sure!

• Like 2