English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

Ronaldo coming possibly secures Ole Gunnar Solskjaer job for the season.

I think so I want him to do well but Im never 100% sure 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

'I hope Ronaldo isn't watching because he'll be pulling out of the deal': Roy Keane blasts Man United's 'lacklustre' first half against Wolves after urging Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to give his players a 'rollicking' at half-time

But they won. Don't have to win beautiful all the time. Just have to score more than the opposition (Danny Blanchflower quote) .

Wolves are a better team than their lowly standing points to. Mid table for them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

But they won. Don't have to win beautiful all the time. Just have to score more than the opposition (Danny Blanchflower quote) .

Wolves are a better team than their lowly standing points to. Mid table for them.

I think Wolves will be a tough team to beat they just need to start scoring 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went passed the Emirates stadium the other day. There were 3 Arsenal season tickets nailed to the fence. I thought I’ll have them, well you can never have enough nails can you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

I was actually quite nervous about this game and before the game I was thinking I dont care how we win, just win a sloppy penalty on 90 min I would have accepted that

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 8:20 AM, Chaimai said:

I always liked Old Trafford; took my Thai missus for the stadium tour on a visit a few years ago.

I took my son there as well.

Chas at Old T.jpg

• Like 1

Weaver Sheridan wrote a humoristic piece on some of the scenes we will soon be seeing during international football matches when covid-19 regulations/restrictions have 'taken over' the game...

covidfootball.jpg

THERE were farcical scenes at the Brazil v Argentina World Cup qualifier match on Sunday when health authorities stopped the game because of alleged breaches of Covid regulations.  

Four players from the UK Premier League were accused of entering Brazil after giving false health declarations and were ordered to go into quarantine. The match had to be abandoned.  

So are we likely to see more of the Covid clampdown impinging on sport, rather than less? The next European round of World Cup qualifiers takes place tomorrow . . .  

Iceland v Germany: Match is deadlocked at 90 minutes due to false negative results, but finishes 2-1 AET (after extra testing).  

North Macedonia v Romania: Referee halts the game after pro-vaxxers in the crowd throw hypodermics on to the pitch.  

Italy v Lithuania: Player claims mistaken identity when accused of a foul, pointing out that everyone on the pitch is masked. VAR (Vaccine Assessment Referee) picks him out by the shape of his eyebrows.  

Greece v Sweden:  Anti-vaxxer fans boo teams for ‘taking the arm’ – rolling up their sleeves and making an injection gesture.  

Armenia v Liechtenstein: Game abandoned because of a health official-logged pitch.  

Kosovo v Spain: Three players are given a Yellow Card report for an adverse reaction to being tackled. Another is red-carded and told to self-isolate for the next three matches.  

Albania v San Marino: Goalkeeper claims he let in a penalty only because the ball slipped from his grip due to compulsory hand sanitiser gel on his gloves.  

Hungary v Andorra: Player who kissed a teammate to celebrate a goal is accused of being a ‘super-spreader’ and hauled away by men in hazmat suits.  

Poland v England: Harry Kane goal is ruled offside because he did not observe two-metre social distancing between him and the last opposing player.  

Source: https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/they-think-its-all-covid-it-is-now/

59 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Poland v England: Harry Kane goal is ruled offside because he did not observe two-metre social distancing between him and the last opposing player.  

Arsenal will love the new post-COVID rules of they are introduced. Their defenders have been social distancing for years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

So are we likely to see more of the Covid clampdown impinging on sport, rather than less? The next European round of World Cup qualifiers takes place tomorrow . . .  

Real Madrid* vs Manchester United, 2022 Champions League Semi Final

2-2 after extra time
* Real Madrid progresses to the final based on most players vaccinated rule.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I can see him coming on at the 60 minute mark. Big roar from the crowd. I’m sure OGS will want to maximize the emotional value. 

You mean OGS will break down and cry ?😉

2 hours ago, gummy said:

You mean OGS will break down and cry ?😉

Wasn't OGS in that first Ronaldo game against Bolton?

Keane and Neville for sure played. Giggs? Cantona? Beckham? Can't remember. Have to look it up.

Good luck Ronaldo. How's that winking eye?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Wasn't OGS in that first Ronaldo game against Bolton?

Keane and Neville for sure played. Giggs? Cantona? Beckham? Can't remember. Have to look it up.

Good luck Ronaldo. How's that winking eye?

Yep Ole played in that game and the next game against Wolves the injury to Ole which ended his United career 

Manchester United player ratings: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes good vs Newcastle

Cristiano Ronaldo was the matchwinner for Man United against Newcastle and here are how the players rated at Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-newcastle-21544726

OK OK Ronaldo might have had a few nice touches helping Man U to that win but my team Norwich, also performed wonders by lossing by only 1 goal. I am confident that on this showing they will win at least one game by Xmas 😉

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

OK OK Ronaldo might have had a few nice touches helping Man U to that win but my team Norwich, also performed wonders by lossing by only 1 goal. I am confident that on this showing they will win at least one game by Xmas 😉

I have the Canaries down for a 1-0 home win versus Watford next Saturday.

You heard it here first.....

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

I have the Canaries down for a 1-0 home win versus Watford next Saturday.

You heard it here first.....

I’ll second that, Chaimai. Norwich looked good against Arsenal. Nice run of fixtures coming up. Canaries 14th or 15th come December.

• Like 1