English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

For the hardy who want to see every game (even the silly o'clock kick off times in Thailand) note that the opening fixture of Brentford vs Arsenal is at 20:00 (UK time) on Friday 13th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

For the hardy who want to see every game (even the silly o'clock kick off times in Thailand) note that the opening fixture of Brentford vs Arsenal is at 20:00 (UK time) on Friday 13th.

Crazy times I know, whatever 

5 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Let us know which Team you follow, I am a Manchester United fan 

I am a life-long Forest fan .......... through thick and thin  (bloody thin at the moment).

It could be worse - I could have supported Preston!!  ?

I cannot watch televised football as a neutral, I think you need to to follow somebody  -  I root for Manchester United in the Premiership.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

It could be worse - I could have supported Preston!! 

You looking for a slap?

Red card for you.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I am a life-long Forest fan .......... through thick and thin  (bloody thin at the moment).

It could be worse - I could have supported Preston!!  ?

I cannot watch televised football as a neutral, I think you need to to follow somebody  -  I root for Manchester United in the Premiership.

I used to work with a lad who was a Forest fan so I have watched them play when we used to work around the country, Then I got some tickets for the semi final Forest v Liverpool at Old Trafford he was made up 

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I used to work with a lad who was a Forest fan so I have watched them play when we used to work around the country, Then I got some tickets for the semi final Forest v Liverpool at Old Trafford he was made up 

Semi-final 1989.....I was there - and had been at Hillsborough too.

I always liked Old Trafford; took my Thai missus for the stadium tour on a visit a few years ago.

Turning point for Alex Ferguson was a 1-0 win at Forest in the FA Cup (Mark Robbins goal)....United went on to win the cup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Crazy times I know, whatever 

One reason I love being in Thailand in the winter is the more ‘watchable’ kick-off times. The time lag here in Japan is a bummer. 

That said, the Qatar World Cup will be brilliant in Thailand time-wise.

And last but not least… Newcastle United, The Toon!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

One reason I love being in Thailand in the winter is the more ‘watchable’ kick-off times. The time lag here in Japan is a bummer. 

That said, the Qatar World Cup will be brilliant in Thailand time-wise.

And last but not least… Newcastle United, The Toon!

I was living here when the world cup was in Japan and Korea no work got done then.

Been to St James's park a few times when we worked around Newcastle especially when I was working on Eldon square 

Edited by Lowseasonlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I was living here when the world cup was in Japan and Korea no work got done then

I hear you brother. I was in Japan in 2002, so it was a very unproductive month. I’ll be flying down to Thailand for the group stages next year.

The kick-off times will be between 4:30pm and 11:30pm Thai time. Surely the best place in the world to be in November 2022… bring it.

• Like 1

Manchester United announce Raphael Varane transfer

Raphael Varane is all but a Man United player and will undergo a medical to finally complete his £43million transfer.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-announce-varane-transfer-21159886

Man U doing the best business early doors with Sancho and Varane. 
Everton not bad either. Spurs did well pinning Son down to a long contract and getting rid of Lamela. 

Will be interesting to see what other big moves materialise. Looking forward to finding out which under-23 Kilmarnock midfielder Newcastle get.

• Like 2

Another major change is that offside won't be under the microscope so much, as the benefit of the doubt to the attacker has been restored. Riley believes around 20 goals were disallowed last season because of "forensic scrutiny" but hopes that will be eliminated this year.

Harry Kane is on a 'collision course' with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, insists Gary Neville and claims there must be a 'massive reason' for the England captain's no-show at training as he bids to force Man City move

Harry Kane has failed to show up at Tottenham for training twice this week 

What do you guys think?

You can read here about a few other players who have thrown their toys out of the pram

Diego Costa fled to Brazil to seal his Chelsea exit, George Best was left in limbo for 10 MONTHS while Spurs have been here before with Bale and Berbatov... What happens when players strike as Harry Kane tries to force through his Man City move?

Harry Kane has failed to report for Tottenham training again as striker tries to force through his transfer to Manchester City

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is digging in his heels as the England captain attempts to find a way out of the club

But Kane is far from the first player to go on strike to push through a move

Indeed, Spurs have been here before with Gareth Bale and Dimitar Berbatov

Man United legend George Best had an acrimonious exit after missing training

Carlos Tevez notoriously refused to come off the bench in a Man City game 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9855453/What-happens-footballers-strike-Harry-Kane-tries-escape-Tottenham.html

Edited by Lowseasonlover

5 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Harry Kane is on a 'collision course' with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, insists Gary Neville and claims there must be a 'massive reason' for the England captain's no-show at training as he bids to force Man City move

Harry Kane has failed to show up at Tottenham for training twice this week 

What do you guys think?

Well Harry Redknap has said that no way will Daniel Levy let him go for less than the clubs valuation figure.  Also his poor form in the Euros was possibly due to the fact he was concentrating more on how much money he could earn at a new club, as if he is not already paid much, rather giving his 100% for the England team.

Now he is acting like a spoiled brat not turning up for training for 2 days now.  I assume he must have been taking inspiration from that other egotistical player Gareth Bales, as it was his tricks as well.

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well Harry Redknap has said that no way will Daniel Levy let him go for less than the clubs valuation figure.  Also his poor form in the Euros was possibly due to the fact he was concentrating more on how much money he could earn at a new club, as if he is not already paid much, rather giving his 100% for the England team.

Now he is acting like a spoiled brat not turning up for training for 2 days now.  I assume he must have been taking inspiration from that other egotistical player Gareth Bales, as it was his tricks as well.

Gary Neville