English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

The old managerial merry-go-round is in full swing now. Benitez, Ranieri and possibly Bielsa. How many sackings before new year?

Could Wayne Rooney be heading back to Everton AGAIN? Derby boss 'has been lined up for a stunning return to Goodison Park as their manager if club dump under-pressure boss Rafa Benitez'

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

18 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

RUMOUR Everton Football Club are reportedly considering replacing Rafa Benítez with Ole Gunnar Solskjær even tho Benítez only joined in July.

Everton are struggling in the Premier League and see Solskjaer as an ideal candidate for the role... The ex Manchester United boss is said to be KEEN on taking the roll, but only as interim manager for now

267674711_306843114781491_2332277056255252322_n.jpg

Crazy news, @Lowseasonlover! In my eyes, a Toffees appointment of OGS would be an even worse fail than Benitez's tenure. Little more than a 'Mr Nice Guy', in my opinion, who was evidently unable to manage the big egos at United and whilst Everton are a more-settled bunch of characters, I feel they need someone bigger and more compelling than Solskjaer.

It'll be fascinating to see what - if anything - happens at Goodison Park . . . a top venue that needs and deserves a TOP manager!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

The old managerial merry-go-round is in full swing now. Benitez, Ranieri and possibly Bielsa. How many sackings before new year?

Is this where Fat Sam get another job?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Could Wayne Rooney be heading back to Everton AGAIN? Derby boss 'has been lined up for a stunning return to Goodison Park as their manager if club dump under-pressure boss Rafa Benitez'

Good player he was. And at one time - before he broke the bone in his foot - he was absolutely electric. But!! IMO, the further away from Rooney a club can be the better they will be. Don't think he can offer anything as a manager.

Derby - his present club, are in a real mess. The best thing for them would be a 'fan buyout'.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Good player he was. And at one time - before he broke the bone in his foot - he was absolutely electric. But!! IMO, the further away from Rooney a club can be the better they will be. Don't think he can offer anything as a manager.

Derby - his present club, are in a real mess. The best thing for them would be a 'fan buyout'.

Thats not Rooneys fault, I think if they didn't have a points deduction they would be half way up the league,

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Thats not Rooneys fault, I think if they didn't have a points deduction they would be half way up the league,

Didn't Rooney play for them?

1 minute ago, snapdragon said:

Didn't Rooney play for them?

Yep how long Im not sure he may have gone there at first as a player/coach and then became manager after the Dutch guy got the sack

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Sorry, @Lowseasonlover, but that only gets a 'Ha-ha', regardless of his relegation-rescue reputation. 'Big Sam' better than Benitez? . . . nay!

He did a better job at Everton than Rafa is doing right now, in the short time he was there

• Cool 1

20 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, you got me there, @Lowseasonlover. Would you have him top or near-top of your list?

I dont think so, I think Everton were 4th bottom at the time and Sam got them upto 8th but it was Fan power that got him the sack, so I think he would be bottom of the list

• Cool 1

22 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They'd actually have 25 points and be 19th in the league.
Unless they can put together a miraculous run of 10 straight wins to put them back in contention, they are doomed to relegation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United player ratings: Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw good vs Burnley

Man United beat Burnley through goals from Scott McTominay, a Ben Mee own goal and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Premier League at Old Trafford and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-burnley-22609282

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 8:51 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Manchester United player ratings: Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw good vs Burnley

Man United beat Burnley through goals from Scott McTominay, a Ben Mee own goal and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Premier League at Old Trafford and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-burnley-22609282

Great run of fixtures coming up for United, could easily be in second spot by the time the Man City game rolls around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, Marble-eye said:

This is a great bit of footage, I'm sure most of you may have seen it before but for those that haven't.

Brilliant! I somehow missed this post, but what a lovely response Tommy gave to the reporter . . . 'Yes, I played in it!' . . . classic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

272103673_4889991614373587_9051904879575417948_n.jpg

Yeah, sad, like everything about this has-been of an egoist. And, pinching words from my erstwhile hero, K Keegan, 'I'd just love it' if Roma gave him the push! Yes, true, and I'm the most gentle-minded of folk . . . normally, but there's just something about Mourinho that . . . no, I won't go there 😠!

Edit:

And I can't stand CR7, either, yet we had one of our best ever family holidays in Portugal . . . strange!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

On another note, Benfica only fields 5 or 6 Portuguese speakers on some match days. 

Could Man United outdo them?

Looking that way