English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

6 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Hoping for a win but just can’t see it. Think it’ll be the same team that started against Villarreal but with Rashford in for Martial.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles

Van De Beek - McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Matic, Lingard, Fernandes, Diallo, Elanga, Martial

Score Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester United

Will be interesting to see how they react. I hope they give Chelsea a run for their money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Will be interesting to see how they react. I hope they give Chelsea a run for their money.

That was a soft penalty we were robbed and if Fred had squared that ball at the end to Ronaldo who was umarked with an open goal, that would have been a proper Smash and Grab

• Like 1

Players to sell

DeGea--in his thirties and playing well and would get a good fee based on this year. Last years results would not have been the same monetary value. If Rangnick likes youth as stated then Henderson is the choice.

Maguire--not what Rangnick likes in a player. Too slow and mobility is lacking for pressing. Suck up the what you can get though it will not equal the 80m

Wan Bissaka--Doesn't try to improve his game and therefore doesn't improve United on the field. Been a coasting starter for a while.

Matic--Too old and immobile for Rangnick.

Pogba--get what you can get and sayonara.

Lingard--see above though I think there is still some benefit and might work well in Rangnick system. But wants out so also sayonara.

Shaw--Maybe a sell because of back sliding in fitness perhaps not Rangnick quality. Telles can ably replace.

Rashford--was a wonderful young talent but somewhere over the last three years has developed the attitude he is untouchable and an automatic first choice to start. Learning curve is flattening. Mind is not on the game anymore.

I hope Cavani stays need his movement to guide Greenwood and Sancho.

I hope Ronaldo can adapt to the pressing game coming soon to Old Trafford.

Clear out Mata, Jones, Peirera etc.

Recall all the loanees and start assessing and building with the youth we already have.

Rangnick approach to the transfer market is correct. Better to buy young talent for what you need at a lower market price and not overpay for someone you really don't need or doesn't fit the system.

Caveat to all this is the Glazers management.

Is it a pipe dream that all of a sudden United management woke up smelling the coffee and realized what a terrible seven years it has been under their malignant neglect?

We'll see won't we.

• Like 3

I love it when I get my little snippets of inside information about United, feel like a kid in a sweet shop,

The game this weekend Chelsea V United, did you see how all the media latched on to Darren Fletcher with his ear phones in and talking all the time? When all the media are saying he was talking to Rangnick,

I found out what he was doing and bye the way he has been doing it since August, he wasn't talking to Rangnick then,

Whats Fletcher's job? Technical Director, Thats exactly what he was doing he was talking to two guys who are ingame analysis who work in the technical department DF sitting up there has an higher vantage point and can transfer the technical data to an ipad at pitch side, my mate told me the program they use and the two guys names, 

• Haha 1

Must win game tonight we have not done to well against Arsenal in recent times so here's my team for tonight

Keep Maguire on the bench for me, give Eric a run of games 

0_Screenshot-2021-12-01-143650.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Must win game tonight we have not done to well against Arsenal in recent times so here's my team for tonight

Expecting big things from Ronaldo tonight.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Expecting big things from Ronaldo tonight.

2 Goals not a bad nights work, Carrick has resigned left the club 

• Like 2

Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United after Arsenal win

Man United confirmed Michael Carrick's departure minutes after he guided them to victory over Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Arsenal v United was the biggest game on the calendar for 10 years. Both clubs have slipped back a little since those dominant days.

What is the biggest game in the EPL now? I reckon it's Liverpool v Man City.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snapdragon said:

Arsenal v United was the biggest game on the calendar for 10 years. Both clubs have slipped back a little since those dominant days.

What is the biggest game in the EPL now? I reckon it's Liverpool v Man City.

I know the league says what it is, but I would say United v Liverpool still the biggest game as far as the fans are concerned, 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I know the league says what it is, but I would say United v Liverpool still the biggest game as far as the fans are concerned, 

I’ll have to agree with @snapdragonthere. I’d say Liverpool vs City as well. But it’ll easily swing back if the recent uptick in form continues.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I’ll have to agree with @snapdragonthere. I’d say Liverpool vs City as well. But it’ll easily swing back if the recent uptick in form continues.

The fan rivalry has always been there one of Sir Alex famous quotes he want to knock Liverpool off their perch

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

52 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

The fan rivalry has always been there one of Sir Alex famous quotes he want to knock Liverpool off their perch

And who can forget Liverpool’s “come back when you’ve won 18” banner that came back to bite them.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:10 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United after Arsenal win

Man United confirmed Michael Carrick's departure minutes after he guided them to victory over Arsenal.

Dynamic timing, eh? . . . like when they promoted OGS from interim to permanent manager after an early run of good results, when the likely truth is that the team were playing their hearts out in celebration of Mourinho's sacking. Regardless of his management skills and potential, I'm sure Carrick will find better people to work for.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Dynamic timing, eh? . . . like when they promoted OGS from interim to permanent manager after an early run of good results, when the likely truth is that the team were playing their hearts out in celebration of Mourinho's sacking. Regardless of his management skills and potential, I'm sure Carrick will find better people to work for.

Maybe he left out of loyalty to Ole, It wasn't a sudden decision as far as I know It had been discussed days before although not with the team, Im nut sure about that if you look at the end of the game and watch the players reactions at the time I thought that looks strange especially Bruno and Carrick

• Like 2

If you are interested in Stat's here's one for you

The main change was obviously in the pressing of United, which is so vital to Rangnick's philosophy. His team won possession in the final third on 12 occasions, which is the most they've done in the Premier League since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

• Cool 2

Premier League SHUTDOWN fear: Teams worry that spiralling Covid cases - after record high of 42 in a week - could halt the season with stars having to wait for booster jabs and emergency protocols back in force

The Premier League have announced a record 42 positive tests for Covid-19 

At least five clubs have had confirmed cases which has sparked concerns

Clubs are fearful of mass postponements and a need for another shutdown

The slow pace of vaccination programmes has left players waiting for a booster 

Wolves are the only side expected to meet Boris Johnson's booster target

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Premier League SHUTDOWN fear: Teams worry that spiralling Covid cases - after record high of 42 in a week - could halt the season with stars having to wait for booster jabs and emergency protocols back in force

The Premier League have announced a record 42 positive tests for Covid-19 

At least five clubs have had confirmed cases which has sparked concerns

Clubs are fearful of mass postponements and a need for another shutdown

The slow pace of vaccination programmes has left players waiting for a booster 

Wolves are the only side expected to meet Boris Johnson's booster target

Bad timing with fixtures thick and fast at the moment.

• Like 1

RUMOUR Everton Football Club are reportedly considering replacing Rafa Benítez with Ole Gunnar Solskjær even tho Benítez only joined in July.

Everton are struggling in the Premier League and see Solskjaer as an ideal candidate for the role... The ex Manchester United boss is said to be KEEN on taking the roll, but only as interim manager for now

267674711_306843114781491_2332277056255252322_n.jpg

• Like 1