AstraZeneca Thailand writes open letter to people of Thailand

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Just curious, are you pro slavery?

Ok guys why do you just not cut out this deflectionary rubbish ? This thread is about AZ and the open letter, not the American civil war, slavery or how to grow cabbages on the moon.

Please explain to me, what is potentialy defamatory about my suggestion, that the reason for not earlier publishing this information published now by James Teague, is that this would not have been allowed by the (corrupt, criminal) militairy and their backers.

Every day I see comments in media, stating this "government" is a bunch of self serving, corrupt and criminal people.

So please explain why it is considered 'potentialy defamatory' when I mention it.

It also places the question "Why not explain this earlier?" in my comment, complete out of context.

I urge you to rectify this.

Edited by javada88

13 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Seems to me he is being nice to the Thais. Fact is they cannot produce the vaccine for whatever reason.

Time to close down and produce the vaccine in Singapore. They might have more success.

Thais have a big opinion of themselves but when they are put to the test, they fail.

Their reaction to this pandemic is a farce!

Correction... they fail ALWAYS

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s totally incredulous. One of the reasons given recently why Thailand didn’t join Covax, was that they had to pay but didn’t know when the vaccines would be delivered. How is that different to what these hospitals are expecting you to do. They want payment up front but have no idea when it will arrive. If you pay, and then find a quicker alternative, I’m sure you won’t get your money back. A total farce by any standards. 

With me nit one hospital want even to sign me up or take payments because they do not know or they get vaccines, at least they not so I want your money here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javada88 said:

Please explain to me, what is potentialy defamatory about my suggestion, that the reason for not earlier publishing this information published now by James Teague, is that this would not have been allowed by the (corrupt, criminal) militairy and their backers.

Every day I see comments in media, stating this "government" is a bunch of self serving, corrupt and criminal people.

So please explain why it is considered 'potentialy defamatory' when I mention it.

It also places the question "Why not explain this earlier?" in my comment, complete out of context.

I urge you to rectify this.

I think you are spot on with your assessment. In the small minded Thai world of this current regime they like to infer that anything that goes against their warped thinking is defamatory. Worryingly there are many sycophants of this regime in Thailand and amassingly yes even some foreigners. One day the lovely true people of Thailand, just like the Russians found out about Stalin, will understand that these current leaders, and those military men before them will go to any lengths to maintain their grip on power to satisfy their greed and lust .

32 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Just curious, are you pro slavery?

You did not see the mods post just a while back then? No, but then Lincoln only issued the proclamation after almost two years to help win his war, and he said if he could have won without freeing any he would have.

At least AZ have given license to other countries to produce their vaccine. As far as I'm aware, none of the other companies have. It is produced in Australia and we now have a glut of AZ and not enough Pzifer. I have taken my first dose of AZ with no side effects and I'm looking forward next moth to my second dose. Somaybe ask AZ to get Australia to manufacture AZ for Thailand. Is one million doses a week enough??

Yes Stonker it was me who quoted it. As this how most view Farangs are viewed now because of that Comment alone. Did i not see a comment from the phuket Governor a few Month's ago suggesting it was tourist's ie Farangs bringing it onto the Island.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

At least AZ have given license to other countries to produce their vaccine. As far as I'm aware, none of the other companies have. It is produced in Australia and we now have a glut of AZ and not enough Pzifer. I have taken my first dose of AZ with no side effects and I'm looking forward next moth to my second dose. Somaybe ask AZ to get Australia to manufacture AZ for Thailand. Is one million doses a week enough??

Moderna said in October last that they wouldn't enforce their patents during the pandemic and they'd allow licensing post-pandemic, which puts anything AZ and Oxford have said in the shade.

Sputnik V has an open licence and is being produced by companies in S Korea and at least three companies in India.

Sanofi are producing Pfizer / BioN Tech, after shelving production of their own vaccine.

Novax is produced by companies in Japan, S Korea and India.

The problem is quality control, which is why some versions of some vaccines are approved by some countries and others aren't although they're all supposed to be the same.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yes Stonker it was me who quoted it. As this how most view Farangs are viewed now because of that Comment alone. 

You amongst many others, but it had nothing to do with farangs spreading Covid and while you say that "this how most view Farangs are viewed now", what's that based on?

I've never come across that view, so while I'm not saying you're wrong I'm curious to know what you base it on.

49 minutes ago, vlad said:

Did i not see a comment from the phuket Governor a few Month's ago suggesting it was tourist's ie Farangs bringing it onto the Island.

I don't know what you saw, but I've never seen that nor can I find any record of it or anything like it although I've seen others saying it without ever being able to support it when asked.

The only basis I've seen for this is that the governor sent out a letter in English repeating the restrictions for everyone so this was jumped on as "blaming" farangs when all it was doing was informing them in a language that most farangs can read and understand - perfectly reasonable if not rational on an island with a large tourist / expat population, and it would have been remiss not to do so, but some preferred to see it as racist and farang blaming.

Again, any specifics would be appreciated, from anyone, as without them all these myths are groundless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

You amongst many others, but it had nothing to do with farangs spreading Covid and while you say that "this how most view Farangs are viewed now", what's that based on?

I've never come across that view, so while I'm not saying you're wrong I'm curious to know what you base it on.

I don't know what you saw, but I've never seen that nor can I find any record of it or anything like it although I've seen others saying it without ever being able to support it when asked.

The only basis I've seen for this is that the governor sent out a letter in English repeating the restrictions for everyone so this was jumped on as "blaming" farangs when all it was doing was informing them in a language that most farangs can read and understand - perfectly reasonable if not rational on an island with a large tourist / expat population, and it would have been remiss not to do so, but some preferred to see it as racist and farang blaming.

Again, any specifics would be appreciated, from anyone, as without them all these myths are groundless.

Most members agreed it was a racist remark aimed at Expat's and Turist's Stonks when he sent the letters out. You must also be one of the few that thinks Thai's don't blame us or Illegal's entering and spreading it.

15 minutes ago, vlad said:

Most members agreed it was a racist remark aimed at Expat's and Turist's Stonks when he sent the letters out. You must also be one of the few that thinks Thai's don't blame us or Illegal's entering and spreading it.

Do what I did a while back, put him on ignore and don't fall for his trolling attitude

24 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sorry, but just because a few people commenting here "agree", that doesn't make it a fact - particularly when many, like you, aren't even in the country so you're not in any position to opine about something that's not based on anything reported but on personal experience!

... and there's a vast difference between "us" and "illegals", which covers both Thais and migrants iillegally crossing the border who've been found to have a very high chance of having Covid which the government have quite rightly highlighted.

As I imagined, apparently a baseless myth.

45 minutes ago, vlad said:

... Stonks ...

Sorry, @vlad, I thought this was a typo when you used it before.

Who or what are you referring to as "Stonks"?  Maybe I've been here too long, but I can't even guess what that means.

So because i do not live in Thailand in your view i am not allowed to have an opinion Stonker about Thailand.

You do however understand others like me have this view about Thai's believing we are spreading the Virus. As your in the know Stonker, and its a baseless myth would you like to tell us who and where the Covid Vius was 1st spread in Bangkok . Note i said Bangkok instead of BKK as maybe you don't understand whan an Abbreviation means as in " Stonks ".  

Edited by vlad

11 hours ago, vlad said:

So because i do not live in Thailand in your view i am not allowed to have an opinion Stonker 

No, that's not remotely what I'm saying or even suggesting in any way.

What I said, which I thought was clear, was that:

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but just because a few people commenting here "agree", that doesn't make it a fact - particularly when many, like you, aren't even in the country so you're not in any position to opine about something that's not based on anything reported but on personal experience!

If your opinion's "not based on anything reported but on personal experience" but you don't actually have any relevant personal experience because you're not here so you can't have, and neither do some of those who are saying the same thing as you (and the most vocal saying it aren't here either!), then I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder how you came to that conclusion and to question its validity!

You're claiming that "this how most view Farangs are viewed now".

Well, that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it, but since you're not here and most of those who share your opinion aren't here either, nobody in government has ever made any of the statements you (and others) claim they have, and similar claims by the same people such as different rules for Thai and foreign arrivals have been shown (and admitted) to be absolute balls, then ... well ....

11 hours ago, vlad said:

You do however understand others like me have this view about Thai's believing we are spreading the Virus.

Yes, I do understand that, just as I understand that some people think the earth's flat and the moon's made of cheese.

I'm dubious but open to being convinced, as I am about "Thai's believing we are spreading the Virus", but that'll take a bit more than  "well some guys named Bilbo Baggins and Spiderman on the internet said so" when all the available verifiable evidence says otherwise.

11 hours ago, vlad said:

As your in the know Stonker, and its a baseless myth would you like to tell us who and where the Covid Vius was 1st spread in Bangkok .

I've never claimed to be "in the know" - just that someone who's there might have more first hand experience than someone who isn't, although there's no reason that would necessarily make them any better informed.

As for your question, the first case in Bangkok (and anywhere outside China) arrived on 8 January 2020, with Bangkok and Thailand's first  local case on 31 January.  It's all very well documented and widely reported, unlike the claim that Thais are blaming farangs for spreading Covid, which isn't

I've no idea why you asked or what your point was, sorry.

11 hours ago, vlad said:

Note i said Bangkok instead of BKK as maybe you don't understand whan an Abbreviation means as in " Stonks ".  

Sorry, I genuinely had no idea what you meant.  I don't want to be the grammar police, but your grammar and use of capitals and punctuation marks are a bit unusual hence my confusion.

Yes I remember the health minister saying farang were dirty,our Money isnt though 

Whose helping to feed hungry thai people ,farangs of course 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, riclag said:

Now today I read on the news that the 5 mill of Mvacc won't come until the first quarter of next year ! 

Sorry but... didn't moms teach you to go for the available Candy? Even if it isn't your favorite taste you still had Candy.

What they did not say, is that if your ignorant leaders had even the tiniest amount of vision, and had ordered this vaccine last year, you would have it now. And you would not be in last place, at the very end of a long que. So, do not blame us. 

Blame your leaders. Blame them, shame them, humiliate them, and never, ever forgive them for the reckless sabotage they have inflicted upon you.

On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died. 

Edited by dmacarelli

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If your opinion's "not based on anything reported but on personal experience" but you don't actually have any relevant personal experience because you're not here so you can't have, and neither do some of those who are saying the same thing as you (and the most vocal saying it aren't here either!), then I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder how you came to that conclusion and to question its validity!

Well, that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it, but since you're not here and most of those who share your opinion aren't here either, nobody in government has ever made any of the statements you (and others) claim they have, and similar claims by the same people such as different rules for Thai and foreign arrivals have been shown (and admitted) to be absolute balls, then ... well ....

Yes, I do understand that, just as I understand that some people think the earth's flat and the moon's made of cheese.

I'm dubious but open to being convinced, as I am about "Thai's believing we are spreading the Virus", but that'll take a bit more than  "well some guys named Bilbo Baggins and Spiderman on the internet said so" when all the available verifiable evidence says otherwise.

I've never claimed to be "in the know" - just that someone who's there might have more first hand experience than someone who isn't, although there's no reason that would necessarily make them any better informed.

As for your question, the first case in Bangkok (and anywhere outside China) arrived on 8 January 2020, with Bangkok and Thailand's first  local case on 31 January.  It's all very well documented and widely reported, unlike the claim that Thais are blaming farangs for spreading Covid, which isn't

Sorry, I genuinely had no idea what you meant.  I don't want to be the grammar police, but your grammar and use of capitals and punctuation marks are a bit unusual hence my confusion.

Its a pointless Exercise to answer you Stonker your not real'y debating your just pulling my threads apart and not real'y inputting, specially bringing in the old Grammar Police crack out, am i typing Dutch ? your the only member to question another members punctuality ? I'll ask you again do you understand what Abbreviation mean's as you failed to answer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

What they did not say, is that if your ignorant leaders had even the tiniest amount of vision, and had ordered this vaccine last year, you would have it now. And you would not be in last place, at the very end of a long que. So, do not blame us. 

Blame your leaders. Blame them, shame them, humiliate them, and never, ever forgive them for the reckless sabotage they have inflicted upon you.

On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died. 

Ignore list. Every thread the same. Not even as though he has a vote.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vlad said:

It's a pointless Exercise to answer you Stonker your not real'y debating your just pulling my threads apart and not real'y inputting, specially bringing in the old Grammar Police crack out, am i typing Dutch ?

Well, it's a problem "debating" as I don't know what point you're trying to make.

I asked you if you had anything to support your view or any examples, and all you could say was that some people here had said so - then you got upset when I pointed out that there wasn't any evidence of it and no reports, and that most claiming it weren't here to see for themselves.

I've avoided the Grammar Police, but I simply didn't understand what you meant because of how it was written.  I even said "Sorry".  How can that be my fault?

2 hours ago, vlad said:

your the only member to question another members punctuality ?

I wasn't questioning your punctuality (or your punctuation). I was just explaining, as inoffensively as possible, why I hadn't understood you, and I said  "sorry" for doing so.

2 hours ago, vlad said:

I'll ask you again do you understand what Abbreviation mean's as you failed to answer.

Yes, I do understand what an abbreviation is, but as you seem to want to make a point of it you apparently don't.

Sorry.  Byeee ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, it's a problem "debating" as I don't know what point you're trying to make.

I asked you if you had anything to support your view or any examples, and all you could say was that some people here had said so - then you got upset when I pointed out that there wasn't any evidence of it and no reports, and that most claiming it weren't here to see for themselves.

I've avoided the Grammar Police, but I simply didn't understand what you meant because of how it was written.  I even said "Sorry".  How can that be my fault?

I wasn't questioning your punctuality (or your punctuation). I was just explaining, as inoffensively as possible, why I hadn't understood you, and I said  "sorry" for doing so.

Yes, I do understand what an abbreviation is, but as you seem to want to make a point of it you apparently don't.

Sorry.  Byeee ....

Your wasting your time and Effort Stonker try a different pool to go fishing.

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Its a pointless Exercise to answer you Stonker your not real'y debating your just pulling my threads apart and not real'y inputting, specially bringing in the old Grammar Police crack out, am i typing Dutch ? your the only member to question another members punctuality ? I'll ask you again do you understand what Abbreviation mean's as you failed to answer.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:14 AM, Smithydog said:

Hi members......we seem to be getting off topic a bit! Regardless of his good or bad features, I am pretty sure Mr Lincoln is not currently part of the AstraZeneca board!  

If you want I can move these into a different thread so you can continue your debate. Otherwise, if you can return to the actual topic, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Smithydog (Moderator)

Smithydog (Moderator)

He started it!  ?