AstraZeneca Thailand writes open letter to people of Thailand

Thaiger

With Covid-19 infections spiralling out of control in Thailand and bad news after bad news after bad news coming out of the vaccine supply and distribution chains, the managing director of AstraZeneca Thailand penned an open letter to the people of Thailand today. In it, he gave a brief overview of the manufacturing process, the efforts made to supply more vaccines, and words of encouragement to the Thai public. James Teague opened his letter by acknowledging the tough times facing Thailand in the face of Covid-19, with rising infection numbers and widespread reaches of the more contagious and somewhat vaccine-resistant […]

The post AstraZeneca Thailand writes open letter to people of Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to me he is being nice to the Thais. Fact is they cannot produce the vaccine for whatever reason.

Time to close down and produce the vaccine in Singapore. They might have more success.

Thais have a big opinion of themselves but when they are put to the test, they fail.

Their reaction to this pandemic is a farce!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In another article on this, it’s was said AZ are “scouring” the global supply chain. What is there to scour? They have 20 manufacturing sites with known output capabilities and known contractual orders. It’s not even worth using a spreadsheet to work it out, hand me a pencil and fag packet. AZ and everyone involved with this whole procurement fiasco knows fully well what the low middle and high forecasts are for delivery of vaccines. Everything else is just hype and stalling tactics. It may work on a largely uneducated and docile population, but please. Just tell the truth and then everyone can make plans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was originally shooting for the AZ vac ,back in April ! The authorities decided to start a  registration process in May ,that was difficult to apply for, cause it was in Thai and the site was always down. Later on there was much speculation that only Thais would be entitled to it.

In the middle of May the Private Hospitals were thinking about offering Moderna . I contacted  several up here in Isan and got on a list at a private in Udon . About that time the authorities here decided to move the second shot of AZ to sixteen weeks after the first shot and the Mvacc was planning to arrive  in October so I chose to concentrate on the Mvacc.. 

In the beginning of June I was contacted by the Private  and that they would require a refundable deposit and the arrival time would be between Oct -Dec. I sent in my deposit for myself and my family.

Now today I read on the news that the 5 mill of Mvacc won't come until the first quarter of next year !  WTF !

I'm at wits end here, the thought of putting off other medical issues(fear of getting covid while a patient in the hospital)   until next year is disheartening !

WTF !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

In one Toby. In the uk we have a saying " All wind and Piss " tell them whats happening, Ram it home they will believe it. We know you believe in us ?  Any outsiders are passing out Information are just making trouble for the Thai people and do not listen to what they say. This is how they treat there people. Hammer it into them till they believe it. Sinovac is safe, our Scientist have assured us we have bought enough to inoculate the country. Don't listen to dirty farangs there the one's spreading it. This is how the Thai government work.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i read, many news, from more than 1 country.
what i get is, 3 or more statements per topic. for example

all vaccines are ok, all are very good, and all are bad, of
moderna, pfizer, astra, johnson, sinvoca, sinopharm, etc.

or, to take 2 different vaccine is ok, is very good, and is bad.
same for, mask, viruses, any of some climate topics, terror, wars, etc.
and sometimes, what was wrong, is now good.
what will later, change again.

after months, news etc. looks like a bank,
where numbers of whatever, goes up and down.

Edited by think-and-ask

All excuses, like AZ Europe... less writing, more facts. We are in 2021, not in 1951. Vaccine production is not an impassable issue, with all the money that the parent company makes, you should be able to tune the production here, otherwise resign and give the spot to someone more capable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I was originally shooting for the AZ vac ,back in April ! The authorities decided to start a  registration process in May ,that was difficult to apply for, cause it was in Thai and the site was always down. Later on there was much speculation that only Thais would be entitled to it.

In the middle of May the Private Hospitals were thinking about offering Moderna . I contacted  several up here in Isan and got on a list at a private in Udon . About that time the authorities here decided to move the second shot of AZ to sixteen weeks after the first shot and the Mvacc was planning to arrive  in October so I chose to concentrate on the Mvacc.. 

In the beginning of June I was contacted by the Private  and that they would require a refundable deposit and the arrival time would be between Oct -Dec. I sent in my deposit for myself and my family.

Now today I read on the news that the 5 mill of Mvacc won't come until the first quarter of next year !  WTF !

I'm at wits end here, the thought of putting off other medical issues(fear of getting covid while a patient in the hospital)   until next year is disheartening !

WTF !

It’s totally incredulous. One of the reasons given recently why Thailand didn’t join Covax, was that they had to pay but didn’t know when the vaccines would be delivered. How is that different to what these hospitals are expecting you to do. They want payment up front but have no idea when it will arrive. If you pay, and then find a quicker alternative, I’m sure you won’t get your money back. A total farce by any standards. 

• Like 5

In 1865, the civil war in the USA ended. When the band wanted to play the national anthem, President Lincoln told the band to lower the flag to half, and play Dixie. A tribute to the south. He saw his country was in need of healing. Thailand is in need of healing. Her people have been lied to, and misrepresented for such a long time. I agree with the post below that suggests that transparency is the best medicine. How bad is a problem unless you can see it for what it is. My heart sags under the weight of the incompetency of the people who claim to have the peoples needs at heart. People took over this country by force, telling the world they had a better way. Well where is this better way? Is it a wonder the population does not believe and respect for the governance that beggars they believe? I'm just a lonely Canadian, in love with a Thai, but each day I speak with my husband, i hear in his voice a resolve its not going to be better any time soon.

I thank the King for his donation today.

Im going to  go and play Dixie, and remember what a statesman like Lincoln stood for. Integrity in the face of disaster, he brought healing to a nation in need.

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer rule #3
  • Like 1

Too little too late.

Thais have become used to thess sorts of nonsensical pleas for understanding.

AZ and it's affiliates had the moment and they blew it!!

So this was an open letter written by the MD of AZ Thailand. Not that I doubt James Teague's sincerity but we all now who is producing the vaccine here so can't help to be a bit suspicious he may have had to get that letter "approved" by , well , who possibly ?

Would have carried much more weight had it come directly from Pascal Soriot, the CEO of AstroZeneca perhaps, just my view

What in God’s name has taken this guy so long to figure it out?!  Kind of a day late and a dollar short I think.  They should have looked into optimizing and increasing their manufacturing volume a year ago!  Oh but the profit?  How many people need to die before they are willing to manufacture at zero profit?  Such a hero………

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kenneth said:

In 1865, the civil war in the USA ended. When the band wanted to play the national anthem, President Lincoln told the band to lower the flag to half, and play Dixie. A tribute to the south. He saw his country was in need of healing. Thailand is in need of healing. Her people have been lied to, and misrepresented for such a long time. I agree with the post below that suggests that transparency is the best medicine. How bad is a problem unless you can see it for what it is. My heart sags under the weight of the incompetency of the people who claim to have the peoples needs at heart. People took over this country by force, telling the world they had a better way. Well where is this better way? Is it a wonder the population does not believe and respect for the governance that beggars they believe? I'm just a lonely Canadian, in love with a Thai, but each day I speak with my husband, i hear in his voice a resolve its not going to be better any time soon.

I thank the King for his donation today.

Im going to  go and play Dixie, and remember what a statesman like Lincoln stood for. Integrity in the face of disaster, he brought healing to a nation in need.

As you needlessly brought the tyrant into it, Lincoln caused an avoidable loss of around 600.000 American lives, about the same as covid19 there, purely to preserve his precious Union and for no other reason. Not invading and destroying the south would have meant no healing needed. No healing is needed here, all that's required is a fair election after the appointed senators are sacked and a competent modern government replace this failed one.

The letter says nothing, changes nothing and will mean nothing to the population still waiting for their promised vaccines.

Corporate apologies are inevitably false and only given to deflect criticism and lawsuits.

• Like 1

Finaly somebody (according to his name probably not a Thai person) trying to inform everybody of problems, that can be a reason to delay the production of an anti coronavirus vaccin.

Why not explain this earlier?

Kudo's for James Teague.

Edited by KaptainRob
Potential defamatory content removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

As you needlessly brought the tyrant into it, Lincoln caused an avoidable loss of around 600.000 American lives, about the same as covid19 there, purely to preserve his precious Union and for no other reason. Not invading and destroying the south would have meant no healing needed. No healing is needed here, all that's required is a fair election after the appointed senators are sacked and a competent modern government replace this failed one.

Wow, not only are you ignorant concerning US History, you really need to get a life. 

• Thanks 1

They've been given the recipe but can't make the cake rise !  This was predicted by most of us when the contract was awarded to a company that's never made vaccines.. still don't know why they chose this company! ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KT50 said:

Wow, not only are you ignorant concerning US History, you really need to get a life. 

Have a life and A level in US history, when they were far more difficult. The CSA had every right to leave the Union and were no more 'traitors' than were the 13 states leaving the rule of the British Crown. Lincoln has been whitewashed by the American school system, he was no hero.

21 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Have a life and A level in US history, when they were far more difficult. The CSA had every right to leave the Union and were no more 'traitors' than were the 13 states leaving the rule of the British Crown. Lincoln has been whitewashed by the American school system, he was no hero.

37 minutes ago, KT50 said:

Hi members......we seem to be getting off topic a bit! Regardless of his good or bad features, I am pretty sure Mr Lincoln is not currently part of the AstraZeneca board!  

If you want I can move these into a different thread so you can continue your debate. Otherwise, if you can return to the actual topic, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Smithydog (Moderator)

Smithydog (Moderator)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s totally incredulous. One of the reasons given recently why Thailand didn’t join Covax, was that they had to pay but didn’t know when the vaccines would be delivered. How is that different to what these hospitals are expecting you to do. They want payment up front but have no idea when it will arrive. If you pay, and then find a quicker alternative, I’m sure you won’t get your money back. A total farce by any standards. 

This whole "covid" bullshit is a farce! With these jabs, the cure is worse than the disease! And who would be stupid enough to let someone stick some untested, experimental gene therapy crap into their arm in the first place?! Wake up folks, they have you bent over and haven't the decency to use a bit of KY before.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

12 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Seems to me he is being nice to the Thais.

Agreed 100%, @TobyA.

AZ offered 5-6 million doses a month, but Anutin said he didn't want that many and only wanted 3 million - for reasons that weren't clear.

Now Thailand wants more, and AZ is trying to give them more.

Yet some here are still criticising AZ for that.

12 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Time to close down and produce the vaccine in Singapore. They might have more success.

Siam BioScience isn't their factory to close as it isn't a franchise of AZ but a licensee.

AZ are also producing in S Korea under license to SK Bioscience, but S Korea has also suggested they may limit exports of AZ as Thailand has suggested.

BioNTech is building a factory in  Singapore but that's not expected to start producing until 2023, so as it be a similar time frame for AZ, that would hardly improve the situation.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vlad said:

Don't listen to dirty farangs there the one's spreading it. This is how the Thai government work.  

Can you, or anyone else, give a source for that?

Any quote and source where anyone from the Thai government has actually said or suggested that "dirty farangs" are the ones spreading Covid?

I realise that Anutin referred to "dirty farangs" more than once, but as far as I know neither he nor anyone else has ever blamed farangs for spreading Covid and this is just a myth, like the claim that there were different rules for farangs and Thais going to Phuket when the rules are identical (the different rules are for domestic and international arrivals, regardless of nationality), or the many other myths doing the rounds here.

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Just curious, are you pro slavery?