Suvarnabhumi Deserted

Zool

Been that way for awhile. Was completely dead in September too when I got here. Was wild to see as the last time I'd been inside was 2018 and it was wall to wall Chinese people. The immigration entry point fellows were way nicer and chatty in 2020. ?

• Like 2

Same here. I waied the immigration officer after he stamped me out and he didn't acknowledge me or even look at me. Strange, you'd think they'd be more friendly with less customers.

• Like 1

This is Thai mentality. Give them a uniform and a job without the prospect of a tip, and this is what they become. Surly indifferent peasants.

They have always been the same in all entry points into Thailand. No "Welcome to Thailand," not even a nod.

Other countries make an effort to be nice. Thais don't because there in no tip involved.

• Like 2

Many of the shops have edibles like  fruit, candies, chocolate etc. You can only keep those products for a year or so before they deteriorate, especially in hot/humid conditions. I wonder if the retailers will be trashing  the  inventory, donating it to the  needy or still selling it next year.

The nuts and pretzels were never particularly fresh in one airline's lounge so I  don't expect that they will be any better when the lounge is open again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

This is Thai mentality. Give them a uniform and a job without the prospect of a tip, and this is what they become. Surly indifferent peasants.

They have always been the same in all entry points into Thailand. No "Welcome to Thailand," not even a nod.

Other countries make an effort to be nice. Thais don't because there in no tip involved.

Can't argue with that, me and the Mrs got the Eastern and Oriental Express from Singapore to BKK a couple or so years back, it was my birthday, as we went through immigration out of Singapore to get on the train the guy who had my passport noticed it was my birthday and told me happy birthday and have a great trip. 

You come into here and they look at you like you stepped in something smelly.

• Like 3

I think i been coming about 40 times to Thailand through the years and only once i had an smile from an officer (female) at the immigration at the airport Don Muang.

Yes really strange they can't be little more nicer with an smile or anything .

8 hours ago, Zool said:

Same here. I waied the immigration officer after he stamped me out and he didn't acknowledge me or even look at me. Strange, you'd think they'd be more friendly with less customers.

Less customers less scams to profit from

Quite the contrast in Dubai, 05:30, lots of people, ALL of the shops open. Last night at Suvarnabhumi at 17:30, only one shop open for food, Gloria Jean's Coffee, only sandwiches and buns. 

IMG_20210725_054851_886.jpg

Edited by Zool