Surat Thani announces new Covid-19 measures for Samui Plus

Thaiger

Less than 10 days after the less-than-thrilling Samui Plus reopening that saw just 31 international arrivals to Samui (with 2 to Koh Phangan and 1 to Koh Tao) so far and 110 people from the Phuket Sandbox, Surat Thani province in which the islands reside has announced immediate Covid-19 measures to curb the spread of the virus. The announcement today applies to foreigners as well as Thai nationals and applies new procedures for arriving on the islands, and more restrictions for businesses on the islands. The Governor of Surat Thani Province signed the provincial order yesterday in an attempt to […]

The post Surat Thani announces new Covid-19 measures for Samui Plus appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just reading through all that would be enough to make some folk think a holiday in a gulag , draining swamps while wearing a hair shirt would be an attractive alternative .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So what about the people that are not in the sandbox but have just completed the mandatory 14 day quarantine, we've just been through all that once and all negative tests and documentation to prove it and paid thousands of dollars for the privilege, surely there must be some common sense approach applied here, this is just ridiculous, not once have a seen anything for tourists like myself who has met all the mandated quarantine hurdles. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, waverunner_69 said:

So what about the people that are not in the sandbox but have just completed the mandatory 14 day quarantine, we've just been through all that once and all negative tests and documentation to prove it and paid thousands of dollars for the privilege, surely there must be some common sense approach applied here, this is just ridiculous, not once have a seen anything for tourists like myself who has met all the mandated quarantine hurdles. 

Don't go to Samui?

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

on arrival, officials can apply testing or quarantine as needed.

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow! That's a new one. So your liberty is now at the whim of some official, even after you've jumped through all the hoops to actually arrive on Samui.

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they get. 

Yep its getting like the movie for those psychos "The Purge"

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

Suggest your comments are a little unfair "deserve all they get" without even knowing the reason why we had to come to Thailand, believe me I wouldn't have if there was any other choice, no way not a chance! Being here is a nightmare. 

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

Anyone crazy enough to submit themselves to all this just for a few weeks holiday really deserves all they 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, waverunner_69 said:

Suggest your comments are a little unfair "deserve all they get" without even knowing the reason why we had to come to Thailand, believe me I wouldn't have if there was any other choice, no way not a chance! Being here is a nightmare. 

Yes, i fully accept some will have to come for business, family or other essential reasons. I'm one of them!

I was remarking on those who would submit themselves to all the risk just for a few weeks holiday. Holidays at this particular time are fraught with all kinds of risk. Add in some of the more ridiculous Samui rules and you'd need to be absolutely desperate to risk a holiday there. 

• Like 3

for few weeks, only one I think positive whom came from a red province, then for few weeks restaurants could reopen and serve required alcohols to their enjoyed guests and that was much increasing their occcupation back to almost normal. Now do I understand that I have to drink again a nasty chemical coke with my nice food  again ?

Forget it, I will order Food panda at home, government wants to kill all restaurants, go for that on top of the rest.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Not surprising. This is valid every time you show up at border's immigration. Entry is at the discretion of the officer that is checking your passport. 

Edited by uanmak

This is a longest article I ever seen here. Haven't read it yet. No need it's a SNAFU. Is Pattaya next? Hopefully not. Amateurs... 

4 hours ago, waverunner_69 said:

Sorry to hear of your problems, hope the get resolved. Once again it just shows that none of the arrivals are genuine tourists. I’d go so far as to say none of the arrivals for the Phuket sandbox are genuine tourists. They are all, either returning Thais or expats looking to find an alternative to Bangkok quarantine. 
The attached picture looks like it was taken at Phuket arrivals. Of the 7 people you can make out arriving, 6 look Thai and 1 is and expat or long term visitor excited about seeing his Teerak. I may be wrong, but if a single genuine tourists with mum and dad and two kids arrived with beach towels, they would be all over the Thai media. They just aren’t coming and who can blame them.  

After a while, you do get bored of the BS that’s pedalled….

90882164-E816-42FE-ABC5-86C973B41368.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi there, the most important question for me is nowhere answered. After the 7 days in phuket and then fly to koh samui, must I stay the remaining 7 days in a SHA+ Hotel, or can I chose other accomodations? I did not find one articel explaining this. I am happy for every information :)

----> " In fact, gatherings over 50 people being forbidden and trainings, meetings, and similar being restricted to 70% capacity, not to exceed 100 people

Events are limited to 50 people,."<-----

So , up to 50 people at a time are allowed to be exposed to potential risks of becoming infected ...? but more than 50 , not ?

That will not significantly reduce the spread of the virus .

----> " and similar being restricted to 70% capacity " <----

That means , instead of 100% , they allow only 70% ...?

Half - hearted measures that will not really reduce the risk of becoming infected .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Sorry to hear of your problems, hope the get resolved. Once again it just shows that none of the arrivals are genuine tourists. I’d go so far as to say none of the arrivals for the Phuket sandbox are genuine tourists. They are all, either returning Thais or expats looking to find an alternative to Bangkok quarantine. 
The attached picture looks like it was taken at Phuket arrivals. Of the 7 people you can make out arriving, 6 look Thai and 1 is and expat or long term visitor excited about seeing his Teerak. I may be wrong, but if a single genuine tourists with mum and dad and two kids arrived with beach towels, they would be all over the Thai media. They just aren’t coming and who can blame them.  

After a while, you do get bored of the BS that’s pedalled….

90882164-E816-42FE-ABC5-86C973B41368.jpeg

Certainly not a good pic for going in the foreigners favor.

The honest truth is that Phuket and Samui plans are not suitable for tourists wanting to come for a holiday and then return home. Best to wait until next year and see what the situation is then when hopefully the vaccination programme will be well advanced.