Jump to content

What exactly is the 90 days report?


Recommended Posts

In previous threads you stated you entered Visa exempt and applying for a 60 day Covid extension, in which case you will not have to submit 90 day reports which are only required if staying 90 days consecutively in the Country - without otherwise visiting an Immigration office.

I don't know how long you plan to stay in Thailand, but for as long as you can apply for a 60 day Covid extension, you will actually visit an Immigration office every 60 days, therefore exempt of additionally submitting any 90 day reports.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, M.O. said:

Is the 90 days report required for ALL foreigners?

If staying in a hotel, is this done by the hotel?

look in the back pages of your passport. is there a piece of paper stapled there that tells you the date of when to report? most likely not in your case. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Faz said:

In previous threads you stated you entered Visa exempt and applying for a 60 day Covid extension, in which case you will not have to submit 90 day reports which are only required if staying 90 days consecutively in the Country - without otherwise visiting an Immigration office.

I don't know how long you plan to stay in Thailand, but for as long as you can apply for a 60 day Covid extension, you will actually visit an Immigration office every 60 days, therefore exempt of additionally submitting any 90 day reports.

I did not intend to stay for >90 days but circumstances may force me to do so (covid and travel restrictions). Yes, I entered VE. I planned on one extension which I now believe will be the "normal" 30 days extension of the VE entry permission to stay. If I do a further 60 days covid extension that will take my total stay to 135 days (45+30+60) which was why I am asking about the 90 days report which I earlier believed would not be necessary for me because I would have been staying for <90 days.

From what you say, it seems to me that just applying for the extensions will mean the 90 days report is not required. Is that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any foreigner in the Kingdom 90 consecutive days must file a 90-day report.

Renewing your visa or extending DOES NOT complete the requirements for 90-day reporting.  You still need to do that.

When you next extend, it sounds like you will do so on day 95.  I would go in early for the extension and ask about filing the 90 days at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, M.O. said:

From what you say, it seems to me that just applying for the extensions will mean the 90 days report is not required. Is that correct?

Correct - first extension of stay date counts as first 90 day report - so actual TM47 will be required 90 days later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Any foreigner in the Kingdom 90 consecutive days must file a 90-day report.

Renewing your visa or extending DOES NOT complete the requirements for 90-day reporting.  You still need to do that.

When you next extend, it sounds like you will do so on day 95.  I would go in early for the extension and ask about filing the 90 days at the same time.

Not quite.

The only foreigners permitted to stay for longer than 90 consecutive in the Country and therefore subject to 90 day reports would be those with a long stay Visa type or those on annual extensions of stay.

Tourists are not permitted to stay more than 90 consecutive days under normal circumstances.

With the Covid situation, tourists can apply for 60 day Covid extensions. They must do so every 60 days and are only permitted to stay for 60 days. For each extension the applicant confirms his address, so in effect every 60 days and no further requirement to confirm his place of residence.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M.O. said:

From what you say, it seems to me that just applying for the extensions will mean the 90 days report is not required. Is that correct?

Correct.
As a tourist your never given permission to stay for more than 90 consecutive days.
You'd normally have to exit and re-enter after 90 days to stay again.

The 60 day Covid extensions are a temporary regulation to cope with the situation.
You are entitled to one 30 day extension under Immigration Bureau Orders and temporary further 60 day Covid extensions under the temporary regulations, which have been extended to 27th Sept.

When you submit your first TM7 for an extension of stay, ask the Immigration officer if you are also required to submit 90 day reports and he will confirm what I stated above - not required in your situation.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Faz said:

Correct.
As a tourist your never given permission to stay for more than 90 consecutive days.
You'd normally have to exit and re-enter after 90 days to stay again.

The 60 day Covid extensions are a temporary regulation to cope with the situation.
You are entitled to one 30 day extension under Immigration Bureau Orders and temporary further 60 day Covid extensions under the temporary regulations, which have been extended to 27th Sept.

When you submit your first TM7 for an extension of stay, ask the Immigration officer if you are also required to submit 90 day reports and he will confirm what I stated above - not required in your situation.

My first TM7 will extend my permission to stay from 45 days to 75 days (well short of 90 days...). It is the NEXT extension taking the total to 135 days that will cross the 90 days threshold. I shall ask at that time and update here for the edification of anyone interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, M.O. said:

My first TM7 will extend my permission to stay from 45 days to 75 days (well short of 90 days...). It is the NEXT extension taking the total to 135 days that will cross the 90 days threshold. I shall ask at that time and update here for the edification of anyone interested.

Thanks.

The term 'consecutive 90 days' should be interpreted as, those given permission of stay for longer than 90 days are required to confirm their place of residence every 90 days. That was the original intention when the Immigration Act was written in 1979. It never envisaged such a situation as we are now experiencing where those who entered as Tourists were permitted to stay consecutively longer than 90 days.

Although you will end up staying for more than 90 consecutive days, you will be submitting a new application (TM7) for each additional permission of stay, every 30/60 days, unlike those of us on 1 year extension that only submit a new application annually.

Other examples where foreigners do not submit 90 day reports, yet stay consecutively for more than 90 days and probably set the precedent for the requirement to submit 90 day reports on Covid extensions;

1. Foreigners who enter on a single entry Non O Visa. Permits a stay of 90 days, but those with Thai family/spouse can apply for an additional 60 day extension. Immigration interpret the visit to apply for the extension and notify residence negates the requirement to submit a separate 90 day report.
2. Foreigners who enter on a Tourist Visa. Permits a stay of 60 days + an extension of 30 days + a further 60 day extension to visit Thai family/spouse. They make 2 visits to Immigration, each request to extend being a new application. Again, Immigration interpret these visits to apply for the extensions and notify residence negates the requirement to submit a separate 90 day report.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Faz is 100% correct in his posts explaining the 90-day reporting requirement and for who it is applicable.

It's also relevant and useful to mention the connection between the TM-30 notification and that 90-day reporting requirement.  A 90-day report is in fact nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed.  And that's where the TM-30 comes in, because it is that document by which the owner of the place where you are residing (which can be yourself, your wife/girlfriend, the landlord/lady), is supposed to inform the local immigration office that a foreigner is staying at the premisses.  And by doing your subsequent 90-day reports you confirm that that 'official address for immigration purposes' of which they were notified by that TM-30, has not changed.  

The above also means that if you change your address, you need to visit the local immigration office of the province to which you relocated, to inform them that you are staying now at that address in their province.  And you won't be able to file your 90-day report at the local Imm Office, if a TM-30 has not been filed prior to the 90-day report (because technically your address for immigration purposes, would then still be in the province from where you relocated).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, Stonker said:

Yes, except diplomats.

There is a fairly new visa type called Smart Visa that is valid for two years and dismisses the need for 90-day reporting. The requirements are basically high salary (above 100,000 baht/month; not sure is it gross/net).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

There is a fairly new visa type called Smart Visa that is valid for two years and dismisses the need for 90-day reporting. The requirements are basically high salary (above 100,000 baht/month; not sure is it gross/net).

I don't believe that the amended smart vise removing the 90 day reporting requirement is in place currently, as it was earlier only at the proposal stage. I may be wrong though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can get a SMART Visa valid for 4 years, however you still have to submit 90 day reports and either exit and re-enter Thailand to get another 1 year permission of stay, or apply for a 1 year extension at Immigration, same as the Elite Visa.

You don't need a work permit though.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/86230-smart-visa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KaptainRob pinned this topic
  • Faz unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use