Red Bull latest

gummy

I am an avid follower of F1 and was very fortunate to have met with some of the greats of the sport in my early days . Of course to us British Lewis Hamilton is a a real great and we always want him to do well. However the crash at the British Grand Prix, which he eventually one, was in my view , and those of many experts simply a racing incident on lap1 . Unfortunately, despite the F1 rules saying distinctly different , the stewards with their interpretation gave him a 10 sec penalty yet he still won the race. 

Helmet Marko immediately shot his big mouth off calling for him to banned from the next race. Conveniently forgetting the very different and deliberate incident that saw Sebastian Vettel get a one race ban for whilst driving for Red Bull.

Now I see on BBC that Red Bull are considering taking the case further.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/57949190

Well let's see what happens. F1 has changed in the last 13 years and hopefully gone are the days when Lewis was clearly discriminated against yet put that to one side and emerged stronger With that type of influence on FI not happen yet again. Hopefully that would not happen but with a company like Red Bull they are used to deceiving people whenever possible.

Why did "Boss" the Grandson of the Red Bull Yoovidhya family founder and currently on "the run" from the Thai police (joke joke)  not get apprehended when he was seen with the Red Bull team members last year twice ? Indicates to me that they condone criminal activity. Also Whilst Alexander Albon was a fine driver for them and I agree it should not affect him, his Thai Mother was given a a 7 year sentence in the UK for fraud yet knowing this the Red Bull team, no doubt under pressure from the family in Thailand, took the risk and gave him a seat - well that didn't work too well did it.  Let's not forget the family still own 51% of Red Bull so anything achieved on the world stage, by whatever means , will enrich them further.

Now I'm sure many have other viewpoints and that's fine, but in summary I hope Red Bull's suggestion that they will take the crash issue further goes nowhere for the sake of the sport.

nexflix has a great series about F1 and you get a real understanding of the current drivers and behind the scenes. no mention of the red bull grandson but they did do the Thai mom story. if you are into F1 you should watch it. 

clear in this series you see Lewis Hamilton accidentally on purpose run new drivers that were a clear threat to him off the course and into the wall.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

nexflix has a great series about F1 and you get a real understanding of the current drivers and behind the scenes. no mention of the red bull grandson but they did do the Thai mom story. if you are into F1 you should watch it. 

clear in this series you see Lewis Hamilton accidentally on purpose run new drivers that were a clear threat to him off the course and into the wall.  

Saw that , total edited Netflix rubbish. Anyone with a modicum of F1 knowledge accepts that as so

Its not new some of the greatest drivers in the Modern Era of Formula One have been banned or given to quote from  " The life of Brian " go to the back. Schumacher forced Barrichello towards a wall in the Hungary race a few years ago, and won a Championship by casing a first bend " Accident " that caused him and his closest rival to crash out leaving him the World Champion. Even Senna did it and in a Documentary about him he admitted if its done safely he will force a Rival off. Its Sour Grapes from Red Bull and a psychological test on Hamilton and Mercedes to see if he will crack in the next race.

The Red Bull family are bad apples. They will infect any barrel they are put into. Their morals are the accepted morals of Thailand. They  should be shunned the world over, but they will not be because their money buys them acceptance

I have watch a few car races but am soon bored. I believe if the driver has one of the best car they will win.

This is how they win. After the qualifying laps they will be at the front of the pack in the first six. From there, with the assistance of their co driver, they will not allow any other driver to pass simply by obstructing them.

Drivers work together. And remember at the front they have less chance of a collision.

Hamilton is driving one of the best cars, and barring any mechanical fault he will win. I agree he is a good driver, but when I saw him starting at number eight he came nowhere near winning. The obstruction method was used on him and he had no chance.

In addition I am becoming tired of him taking the knee all the time for black lives matter, and going on about diversity. He is not black he is a half cast. Out of every four people killed by the police in the US three of them are white, so let us see white lives matter protests from Hamilton.

Sorry to write the king has no clothes on.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

Its not new some of the greatest drivers in the Modern Era of Formula One have been banned or given to quote from  " The life of Brian " go to the back. Schumacher forced Barrichello towards a wall in the Hungary race a few years ago, and won a Championship by casing a first bend " Accident " that caused him and his closest rival to crash out leaving him the World Champion. Even Senna did it and in a Documentary about him he admitted if its done safely he will force a Rival off. Its Sour Grapes from Red Bull and a psychological test on Hamilton and Mercedes to see if he will crack in the next race.

Totally agree and Red Bull gambled that by pouring more more into upgrades this year than Mercedes they had hoped to wrestle the Championship away from Mercedes. That gamble looks now as though it didn't pay off,  now they are looking at all ways to manipulate the advantage back to them. Hungary will be the decisive test in my opinion and will determine who will be the 2021 best team.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

However the crash at the British Grand Prix, which he eventually one, was in my view , and those of many experts simply a racing incident on lap1 .

Tend to take a diff' view on this G' .. 

the line into Copse off the old start finish straight to kiss the apex is on the outside of the track .. Max had his car on that line , Lewis draughted him along the straight and moved to the inside briefly getting alongside before they both had to commit to the turn in but backed out just at the point Max had to turn in .. it was then inevitable at the speed they were doing it would result in contact as in my view Lewis knew that to try and pass on the inside of Copse is hugely risky as anyone on that outside line will run off the track if they can't meet that apex at racing speeds .. going on the result of the sprint race the previous day Lewis knew he had to get past M V as soon as or the Red Bull was going to take some catching and it was the prospect of finding himself further adrift in the championship had the sprint race result been repeated that clouded Lewis's judgement in going for that move .. Had Lewis waited until they got onto Hangar straight then the Merc's top speed might've edged the Red Bull's but to try and pass someone as commited as Max Verstappen on the inside at Copse was always going to end with one of them in the barrier .. 

3 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

the line into Copse off the old start finish straight to kiss the apex is on the outside of the track .. Max had his car on that line , Lewis draughted him along the straight and moved to the inside briefly getting alongside before they both had to commit to the turn in but backed out just at the point Max had to turn in .. it was then inevitable at the speed they were doing it would result in contact as in my view Lewis knew that to try and pass on the inside of Copse is hugely risky as anyone on that outside line will run off the track if they can't meet that apex at racing speeds .. going on the result of the sprint race the previous day Lewis knew he had to get past M V as soon as or the Red Bull was going to take some catching and it was the prospect of finding himself further adrift in the championship had the sprint race result been repeated that clouded Lewis's judgement in going for that move .. Had Lewis waited until they got onto Hangar straight then the Merc's top speed might've edged the Red Bull's but to try and pass someone as commited as Max Verstappen on the inside at Copse was always going to end with one of them in the barrier .. 

At the End of the day Ded Hamilton said past interview i was never going to give up and neither was Max.

15 minutes ago, vlad said:

At the End of the day Ded Hamilton said past interview i was never going to give up and neither was Max.

True enough both of them were commited from the second the lights went out and it is becoming another Senna/Prost type contest that will go to the end of the season .. hopefully there will be good racing but with both of them realising where the line is .. 

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

True enough both of them were commited from the second the lights went out and it is becoming another Senna/Prost type contest that will go to the end of the season .. hopefully there will be good racing but with both of them realising where the line is .. 

And in 20 years time we can look forward to the movie  - "Hamiliton - The Knight with a Silver Arrow"

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, Dedinbed said:

Well the Red Bull farce of attempting to come up with "alternative" evidence was of course rejected by the FIA and the media just jokes about it as a pathetic piece of attempted delusion, most probably driven, excuse the pun, by that bitter old man Helmut Marko. He always wants it his own way . Different when they were in their hey day but of course the shoe is on the other foot now so he just throws his dummy out.

But this weekends race must have caused his pacemaker to overcook ( if he had one). Bottas has received a 5 place penalty at the next race at Spa for his dangerous driving but really he has not been given credit for his ten pin bowling attitude, almost a strike . But hey if there is Karma then Max being banged out thro' no fault of his own was payback perhaps for the underhand Red Bull protest to the FIA and their veiled accusations that clearly pissed of the FIA.

Which then brings us to what even Toto said  about Lewis, "perhaps it was Karma as we didn't deserve to win." Too true when on a dry track you stick to inters, now that must be down to a Lewis mistake. But although not yet confirmed what a shame if Seb Vettel loses his points if Aston Martin are disqualified for insufficient fuel left at race end.  2 extra points for Lewis if their appeal is turned down but I am sure Lewis does not want to win points that way.

So on to Spa and then Zandvoort. I would expect Mercedes to be ahead in Spa unless Max and Perez bumps them out which I don't think they would deliberately do,  but although I want Lewis to always win it would be fitting for Max to win on his home track at Zandvoort a week later wouldn't it ? In days gone by I watched a few races there, great place, great people and let's hope a great race.

4 hours ago, gummy said:

Well the Red Bull farce of attempting to come up with "alternative" evidence was of course rejected by the FIA and the media just jokes about it as a pathetic piece of attempted delusion, most probably driven, excuse the pun, by that bitter old man Helmut Marko. He always wants it his own way . Different when they were in their hey day but of course the shoe is on the other foot now so he just throws his dummy out.

But this weekends race must have caused his pacemaker to overcook ( if he had one). Bottas has received a 5 place penalty at the next race at Spa for his dangerous driving but really he has not been given credit for his ten pin bowling attitude, almost a strike . But hey if there is Karma then Max being banged out thro' no fault of his own was payback perhaps for the underhand Red Bull protest to the FIA and their veiled accusations that clearly pissed of the FIA.

Which then brings us to what even Toto said  about Lewis, "perhaps it was Karma as we didn't deserve to win." Too true when on a dry track you stick to inters, now that must be down to a Lewis mistake. But although not yet confirmed what a shame if Seb Vettel loses his points if Aston Martin are disqualified for insufficient fuel left at race end.  2 extra points for Lewis if their appeal is turned down but I am sure Lewis does not want to win points that way.

So on to Spa and then Zandvoort. I would expect Mercedes to be ahead in Spa unless Max and Perez bumps them out which I don't think they would deliberately do,  but although I want Lewis to always win it would be fitting for Max to win on his home track at Zandvoort a week later wouldn't it ? In days gone by I watched a few races there, great place, great people and let's hope a great race.

Yea .. I'm not inclined to agree to R B continuing their protests after the penalty dished out to 44 at Silver's a fortnight ago .. the stewards adjudicated on it , gave Hamilton the penalty and that should've been it and move on to yesterday .. the impression I'm getting is what R B are revved up about is not only the damage to the car but also the engine which was installed in a new chassis for Hungary but apparently was not well with Honda directing it be removed and returned to Japan for closer inspection with a replacement unit being fitted which has eaten into their ( R B ) quota of engines allowed for the whole season ( 3 ) .. if the unit returned to Japan cannot be repaired the implication is R B will be penalised at some point later in the season if they need to replace an engine again .. 

Bottas did a good job at taking out Nando's McLaren and Chico Perez's R B along with wounding Max's car earning himself a 5 place grid pen' for Spa when they resume and almost certainly confirming his P45 outta the team at the end of the season .. 

Good to see gnarly old matador Alonso getting up to speed and dicing it for a while with 44 and also for Alpine to get their first win and initially Vettel on the pod' as well but that's been taken from him now I understand .. 

Yes they're now on their hol's returning to the superb Spa circuit end of August .. no doubt the main protagonists will feverishly be burning midnight oil developing upgrades for that weekend .. 

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up on the wire the Japanese G P scheduled for the 10/10 has been cancelled due to increase in covid cases in Japan .. no news yet on if another circuit will be slotted in to replace it ..