Jump to content

Department head predicts Covid-19 could last up to another year


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Depending on the actions the government and the people of Thailand take, the Director-General of the Department of Medical Services predicts Covid-19 could continue for just a few months or drag on for another year. Director-General Somsak Ankasil asserted that declaration in a recorded video message this week made to thank the medical officials across the nation. In it, he said that many factors will affect our future and the future of the Covid-19 pandemic within the borders of Thailand. If handled well, he believes that Covid-19 could be wrangled under control in about 3 months or possibly as little […]

The post Department head predicts Covid-19 could last up to another year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need to think outside the box, not copy the mistakes of all the other countries in the world. Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases. Follow India Peru and Mexico with ivermectin. Anyone displaying early symptoms is given a 12 mg tablet, that is all you need, one dose.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I notice he is very vague about the correct path forward. As the big Public Health Official he should be laying down the law. Not allowing the politicians to continue with their wishywashy urgings etc.. At the rate Thailand is going under current guidance; the end is not in sight. In Alberta, Canada with fairly good vaccine coverage we are now open. No Ivermectin has been used - except for parasites in livestock and pets.

Edited by PohTou
Unclear.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases.

That is a mischaracterization. Israel was the early leader and, until Delta, had reduced active cases to less than ten per million of population.

It is also important to specify which vaccine you are talking about. There are several, using radically different technologies. Countries such as Chile had a surge at the same time that Israel had incredible lows because they had used Sinovac.

If you can use one of the three effective vaccines, you can seriously blunt the impact of Delta on individuals. The stated aim of the vaccines was always to reduce hospitalizations and death.

We should be using other treatments, including Ivermectin, in addition to vaccines and, especially, for the billions of humans who will have no access to vaccines for years to come.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Americans lost 600,000 to Covid and now the deaths are minimal. Why because of vaccines. Perhaps you aren't aware of these facts. 

Their is a new surge of Covid in the US primarily in Republican areas in the south. Why? Delta variant is more contagious and those places have very low vaccination rates and its causing a fourth wave. 99% of the new Covid cases are with unvaccinated people. And you think vaccinations are the wrong course????

You might convince yourself and others but Covid doesn't care about opinions. If you aren't vaccinated are you saying you would refuse the vaccination. If you are vaccinated why would you discourage others from getting a very very low risk successful life saving choice.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He left plenty of wiggle room to blame pretty much everyone for everything. My guess, chances are very slim of anything getting even close to normal this year. Just look at the countries like Singapore and Australia. Hope I am wrond, but it's not the last wave, and Thailand is not even in the middle of it.

So shut up, and keep vaccinating population, we are at mere 6 percent and already giving a booster shots

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

as he said nothing will be better if peoples of Thailand don t properly behave.

the vaccine ....yeeeeee it s good, it will help some stage, but as everybody know the vaccine does not stop the spread .....yes ? i am still reading vaccine this vaccine that ......it s annoying. As soon as the virus is free to circulate there is a surge, as soon as peoples infected circulate there is a surge.

example: France summer holidays, multiples cluster identify in north west cost beaches, that s it. easy to understand the mechanism here.

where there is a surge it must be a full lockdown till the place is clean up, if this not happen well the virus will still run around cause peoples are running around. it s not rocket science.

the point is: the lockdown is bad very bad for everybody, so authority do all is possible to push, reduce or limit such a thing, but at the end what is happening now in Thailand???????????????? back into a sort of lockdown.

Back in April, it was less than 300 cases a days , coming from a disco party somewhere from what they said........ yeeeeeeee believe that, nothing related with the fish market and the foreign infected workers ..... then April festival and booooommmmm.... well we all know what did follow , today 14000 cases a day, tomorrow 15000 and in few weeks 30000 as they said if nothing is properly done.

Borders closure, Lockdown, mass testing, contact tracing, isolation of course vaccination,  and if all of these are done with the right strategy we might be back to normal soon. 

Look at China ........ they are under control and life is back to normal since long time. But i guess the protocols in places are sharp and peoples do the right things. just saying ..........

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

They need to think outside the box, not copy the mistakes of all the other countries in the world. Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases. Follow India Peru and Mexico with ivermectin. Anyone displaying early symptoms is given a 12 mg tablet, that is all you need, one dose.

Could we have some convincing evidence for needing only one dog worming pill?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

They need to think outside the box, not copy the mistakes of all the other countries in the world. Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases. Follow India Peru and Mexico with ivermectin. Anyone displaying early symptoms is given a 12 mg tablet, that is all you need, one dose.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Meanwhile Bio pharma scientists are working around the clock to develop effective therapeutic alternatives to the crisis.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

 Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases. Follow India Peru and Mexico with ivermectin. Anyone displaying early symptoms is given a 12 mg tablet, that is all you need, one dose.

 

I see the contrary: Countries where most people got their vaccine saw a decrease in cases. And hospital admissions often went to zero.

 

What I also see is that youtube bans accounts spreading nonsense about Ivermectin. Maybe moderators here should do the same?

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I see the contrary: Countries where most people got their vaccine saw a decrease in cases. And hospital admissions often went to zero.

What I also see is that youtube bans accounts spreading nonsense about Ivermectin. Maybe moderators here should do the same?

Well not sure if it is a mods issue because whilst ivermectin appears to have issues with the pro and anti groups as to its usefulness there is a thread running here where contributors can add there points of view is they so wish

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dimitri said:

What I also see is that youtube bans accounts spreading nonsense about Ivermectin. Maybe moderators here should do the same?

What? Banning anything you don’t like? I support vaccination, but what makes you think what these major companies including YouTube Fb are doing is right? If there’s solid medical literature indicating ivermectin being useless, sure. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

They need to think outside the box, not copy the mistakes of all the other countries in the world. Vaccinating is the wrong course. Look at the top 15 countries in the world for administering  vaccines and you will see that every single one was accompanied by a surge in cases. Follow India Peru and Mexico with ivermectin. Anyone displaying early symptoms is given a 12 mg tablet, that is all you need, one dose.

Statistically that may be the case about surges, however it is equally noticeable and reported on that the majority of hospitalisation cases are of non-vaccinated people. Even some of the most conservative US media and Governors seem to be mentioning this now, which suggests an effect itself! 

I have never believed this can be attacked with one all-solving method or by one country alone. Everyone is different enough for that not to happen. If Ivermectin is showing results, brilliant, then share the actual clinical data so others can learn how best to do it.

Such data has been repeatedly demanded of and delivered in quantities for vaccines. (except for Sinovac perhaps). Why the reluctance to do the same for other methods including treatments like Ivermectin? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

It is also widely used in human medicine. Many medicines are used to treat both humans and animals.

Makes sense with humans being actual animals and all...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

One doesn't have to be a director-general to guess C19 will be around for another year.  The 64 billion baht question is will the government still be around?

And the 2 cent answer yes. A military government that rewrites the constitution to suit their selves doesn't go anywhere just look at Burma 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I see the contrary: Countries where most people got their vaccine saw a decrease in cases. And hospital admissions often went to zero.

What I also see is that youtube bans accounts spreading nonsense about Ivermectin. Maybe moderators here should do the same?

You support censorship 

  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

... If Ivermectin is showing results, brilliant, then share the actual clinical data so others can learn how best to do it.

Such data has been repeatedly demanded of and delivered in quantities for vaccines. (except for Sinovac perhaps). Why the reluctance to do the same for other methods including treatments like Ivermectin? 

@Smithydog >

Ivermectin plays a prominent role in the treatment protocols of covid-19 (e.g. the dr MARIK protocol) , no matter the stage - from prophylactic, over first symptoms to hospitalization. 

Attached below two links to websites featuring meta-studies on Ivermectin:

> https://c19early.com/

> https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/

 

 

Ivermectin - studies.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

@Smithydog >

Ivermectin plays a prominent role in the treatment protocols of covid-19 (e.g. the dr MARIK protocol) , no matter the stage - from prophylactic, over first symptoms to hospitalization. 

Attached below two links to websites featuring meta-studies on Ivermectin:

Thanks for that. I'll have a read. My point that equal quality clinical data on all methods should be shared worldwide is still my belief.

However, for my own personal knowledge I should have just pm'd you! You usually have some really good links. ??

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

One doesn't have to be a director-general to guess C19 will be around for another year.  The 64 billion baht question is will the government still be around?

Well if one virtual dictatorship gets replaced by another then nothing improves. Remember, that to remove this crowd for good and those he has around him + others and enter a true parliamentary democracy where the military are put in there place it will need a 75% majority in parliament to dispose of the corrupt legislature and senate. Now with these bunch of gun slingers they will do absolutely anything to ensure that if possible that it will never happen in my opinion.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Depending on the actions the government and the people of Thailand take, the Director-General of the Department of Medical Services predicts Covid-19 could continue for just a few months or drag on for another year. Director-General Somsak Ankasil asserted that declaration in a recorded video message this week made to thank the medical officials across the nation. In it, he said that many factors will affect our future and the future of the Covid-19 pandemic within the borders of Thailand. If handled well, he believes that Covid-19 could be wrangled under control in about 3 months or possibly as little […]

The post Department head predicts Covid-19 could last up to another year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sorry, not a chance in hell, maybe 6 months if their lucky considering the slow vaccine roll out. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use