“Covid-19” deaths said to cause crematorium in Bangkok to partially collapse

Thaiger

A crematorium in Bangkok partially collapsed due to pressure from burning too many corpses of Covid-19 patients. In the latest and severe wave of Covid-19, first recorded on April 1, more than 3,500 people who were infected with the coronavirus have died. Most deaths have been in Bangkok, the epicentre of infections. The crematorium in Thonburi’s Wat Bang Nam Chon temple was already battered by storms. Due to the deterioration, only 1 body was cremated a day. But with the increase in Covid-19 deaths, the temple started cremating around 3 to 4 bodies per day, and people believe the uptick […]

The post “Covid-19” deaths said to cause crematorium in Bangkok to partially collapse appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With the little bit more than 100 death a day from covid in entire country, it's hard to believe that they cannot handle Xmas load. Stop complaining, do your job. We are all on the same train now 

• Like 1

It is a 36 year old shed with a fancy roof that, after no maintenance at all, has finally collapsed.

The wiley monks are seizing the opportunity to blame it on Covid, knowing that will get plenty of publicity and enable them to raise 5 million baht. The article even includes their bank details.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's certainly not covid that collapsed the building, it's the shoddy standard of civil engineering in Thailand, they couldn't  build a sandcastle.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

It is a 36 year old shed with a fancy roof that, after no maintenance at all, has finally collapsed.

The wiley monks are seizing the opportunity to blame it on Covid, knowing that will get plenty of publicity and enable them to raise 5 million baht. The article even includes their bank details.

I was there taking photos just before covid.  It was already about to collapse.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Talking of crematoriums, what colour should we wear on the 28th? A thai shop girl said yesterday she was wearing black. Is this a 'holiday colour?'

Black panties with an Angels face.. Abracadabra

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Black panties with an Angels face.. Abracadabra

5 hours ago, Rasputin said:

It's certainly not covid that collapsed the building, it's the shoddy standard of civil engineering in Thailand, they couldn't  build a sandcastle.

Maintain nothing and then beg for money to build something else

8 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Talking of crematoriums, what colour should we wear on the 28th? A thai shop girl said yesterday she was wearing black. Is this a 'holiday colour?'

Crop tops for men and maybe skimpy bikinis for the ladies I hear are popular 

The number of Covid deaths to date  is less than 1% of the normal daily deaths in Thailand. Hard to believe that has any effect.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

And here's me thinking black is the colour you wear when someone has died! Stupid me.. it's all about lingerie...nothing to do with the 'death of someone'!

Maybe its just wishful thinking ? 

While I know the "crematorium", didn't collapse as a result of covid deaths, there is a need for the government and/or the people to build modern crematoria. I can see that as infections and deaths rise (as happened in India...it's the same strain of virus), that modern crematoria will need to be built to cope with the numbers. Unless, like India, you prefer to use parking lots to cremate people.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

While I know the "crematorium", didn't collapse as a result of covid deaths, there is a need for the government and/or the people to build modern crematoria. I can see that as infections and deaths rise (as happened in India...it's the same strain of virus), that modern crematoria will need to be built to cope with the numbers. Unless, like India, you prefer to use parking lots to cremate people.

Maybe the Germans could help them out with the design and SCG in partnership with Ital-Thai could get the contract, a perfect example of a design and build joint cooperation project that.

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

maybe they could commence work on the 28th!! Get it ready to test it out etc.

yep they could fire it up and test it by roosting a pig or something 

On 7/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, AlexPTY said:

With the little bit more than 100 death a day from covid in entire country, it's hard to believe that they cannot handle Xmas load. Stop complaining, do your job. We are all on the same train now 

But I think that’s part of the problem. It isn’t anywhere near 100 deaths a day. Even the Bangkok Post got its numbers screwed up today. It’s headlines said 119 dead and then went on to list 119 in Bangkok and 40+ in other provinces. This is killing around 500 a day I would think. Can you imagine the direct and indirect pressure being applied throughout the reporting chain on this. Anyone attending hospital with Covid and a paper cut who dies will be shown as a bacteria infection due to the paper cut. I don’t even bother with the actual number as it’s meaningless. Just look for the percentage change in the number they have to publish. It’s a guide and nothing else as to what’s happening.  There could be bodies floating down the river and they would claim 150. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rasputin said:

I don't think any civil engineers were involved in the building of the shack that served as a crematorium.  There are some very impressive buildings in Bangkok that they may have been involved with.