Leaked document: military arranging private Moderna vaccines

Thaiger

A controversial and unconfirmed leaked document appears to show that the Thai military attempted to get Moderna vaccines for themselves while the rest of Thailand only had access to Sinovac and later AstraZeneca vaccines. The document seems to be of the military requesting a private supply of the Moderna vaccine from the Thai Red Cross for army personnel and their families. As the Delta variant is quickly becoming the dominant overall strain of Covid-19, the ineffectiveness of Sinovac has come into the spotlight. While mRNA vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer have proven to be effective against various strains of the […]

The post Leaked document: military arranging private Moderna vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A controversial and unconfirmed leaked document appears to show that the Thai military attempted to get Moderna vaccines for themselves while the rest of Thailand only had access to Sinovac and later AstraZeneca vaccines. The document seems to be of the military requesting a private supply of the Moderna vaccine from the Thai Red Cross for army personnel and their families. As the Delta variant is quickly becoming the dominant overall strain of Covid-19, the ineffectiveness of Sinovac has come into the spotlight. While mRNA vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer have proven to be effective against various strains of the […]

The post Leaked document: military arranging private Moderna vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why am I not surprised by this given who controls these thugs

My son told me about this today at lunch. This is shooting through the Thai social media like as fast as Pinocchio's nose grow's when telling a fib.

• Like 2

I don't want to comment, they did it before, CP did it before. It happened everywhere, in almost every country. It's not a news 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

leaked

Aka taking the p*ss outta the people again .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Like 1

I believe the military as well as first responders should be the first to obtain the best vaccines possible. Perks of being on the front line and having to put yourself in high risk exposure areas. Don’t see why this is an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

I believe the military as well as first responders should be the first to obtain the best vaccines possible. Perks of being on the front line and having to put yourself in high risk exposure areas. Don’t see why this is an issue. 

I'm going to guess that you're not particularly familiar with what the Thai army does ?

• Like 7

is as, got 2 vaccines, for example, of sin-o-vac, but not effective,
so, soon you, have to ( if you think so ), take, 2 vaccines more,
what is in total, 4 vaccines, about in some weeks :))

and, which vaccine is the best, in the news world,
pfizer or moderna,
what is an, mRna vaccine.
on moderna page, itself is written,
vaccine has to evade, immune-system. :D

you remember, few days ago, pfizer vaccine is
so much better, 10 times, more anti-body, than sinovac,
wow, how can, so much people be as this ?
are you really so ? is there a hidden camera and i just not see it ?

Edited by think-and-ask

47 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

What? The military  personnel  who would receive the vaccine are not on the front line. Do you really believe on of the tens of thousands of ranking officers  who would  receive the vaccine provides any measure of care  or assistance to the infected? Why would their  families have priority over health care workers or even  service trade workers  most at risk? 

It is an issue because it is unethical. In case you missed  it, in much of the developed world, political leaders waited their turn in line for the vaccine. We saw this in the EU, UK, Israel and Canada. Senior military leadership waited in line too. These countries left the designation of priority to the health experts and that is why the 80+ age group was vaccinated first along with critical care workers. First responders in these countries  were typically vaccinated around the time 65+ year olds were.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

The Thai masses need to begin plans for civil unrest and the police and 'army' need to distance themselves from Chanocha, Anutin et. al. In not so many months, Thailand will be a "car crash" of a country!! Thais losing homes, cars, businesses etc. Don't stand for this!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOR FECK'S SAKE!!!

You go first. I do not want to see young Thais slaughtered in the streets, because we will have a repeat of the Thammasat massacre if your demand occurs. Thailand has seen enough violence and destruction.

3 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

If this comment was meant to be sarcastic it failed miserably.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

Then give them the Chinese vaccine since payute loves them so much or astro zinica 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, whitesnake said:

The Thai masses need to begin plans for civil unrest and the police and 'army' need to distance themselves from Chanocha, Anutin et. al. In not so many months, Thailand will be a "car crash" of a country!! Thais losing homes, cars, businesses etc. Don't stand for this!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOR FECK'S SAKE!!!

Yes open up fully. I’m not being sarcastic I truly believe opening up is better than the small chance of getting sick and dying from this virus. Your for sure going to die if you can’t eat. Fear pushed bug the media is ruining people’s lives. Live your life the way you want to or die living it by someone else’s rules based on fear.   

• Like 2

I'm from Canada. 

1. Opening up would be a fatal mistake. The Americans who had some states  deny science and that covid was fake had 600,000 deaths. But some states locked down right away and then others followed. 

2. The right wing republican voter is still staying unvaccinated and now covid delta variant is spiking in those states killing a younger population of the unvaccinated

3. Letting Covid spread by opening up would kill hundreds of thousands, (thats what happened in India for them to learn their lesson) and cause civil unrest which I believe your government fears.

4. Your governments solution is to lock down, get the new cases under control, support the economy in the meantime (the needy the affected not the middle class or rich) and buy the vaccines as fast as possible, the question is do they have the wisdom and leadership to do this. They watched their bahts and didnt bring in the vaccines when they could have and now they are scrambling to find sources.

5. Your advise to open up is foolish and uninformed and would kill far more than the lockdown will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There is no suprise here. <deleted references to the monarchy> It is all logical! Let the common people get the Chinese vaccine which is not very good against the Delta variant! Such is the the life of the "have and have not's"!

Edited by KaptainRob
Invites unwanted comment

10 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

In front line to shoot Thai people?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thinker1951 said:

I'm from Canada. 

1. Opening up would be a fatal mistake. The Americans who had some states  deny science and that covid was fake had 600,000 deaths. But some states locked down right away and then others followed. 

2. The right wing republican voter is still staying unvaccinated and now covid delta variant is spiking in those states killing a younger population of the unvaccinated

3. Letting Covid spread by opening up would kill hundreds of thousands, (thats what happened in India for them to learn their lesson) and cause civil unrest which I believe your government fears.

4. Your governments solution is to lock down, get the new cases under control, support the economy in the meantime (the needy the affected not the middle class or rich) and buy the vaccines as fast as possible, the question is do they have the wisdom and leadership to do this. They watched their bahts and didnt bring in the vaccines when they could have and now they are scrambling to find sources.

5. Your advise to open up is foolish and uninformed and would kill far more than the lockdown will.

Hmmm... are you applying for a job as government spokesperson?  Each and every of your points can be easily disproven by doing some factual research instead of parroting media-hype.  For starters on some other views on this crisis take a look on the 'Controversial Covid Corner'.

> https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/2081-ccc-the-controversial-covid-corner/

9 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

Yes open up fully. I’m not being sarcastic I truly believe opening up is better than the small chance of getting sick and dying from this virus. Your for sure going to die if you can’t eat. Fear pushed bug the media is ruining people’s lives. Live your life the way you want to or die living it by someone else’s rules based on fear.   

I agree, if the Govt. was onto it at the beginning it would be a different story. Boat has sailed and with the current Govt. factual hope of minimizing loss of life with it. My believe is that this is a country that could possibly get away with it. Replace the fear with hope. No one knows all the exact numbers. But humans can get out of bed and have something to look forward to !!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

The Army need to be on top form to man the water cannons and shoot protesters when they eventually hit the Streets to force the Junta out.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, vlad said:

The Army need to be on top form to man the water cannons and shoot protesters when they eventually hit the Streets to force the Junta out.

Unfortunately no doubt very true as the PM was Commander-In Chief of the army when his snipers  shot unarmed civilians and of course shot that nurse in the back whilst she was helping others in the Wat in 2010. So that should demonstrate exactly what these military criminals will resort  to maintain their grip on corruption and ensure the Elite and others continue with their support of their methods

21 hours ago, yetanother said:

one of the least surprising things i have heard of late

Yeah, you mean the golf courses only they are allowed to play 24/7 as I am sure they are still open right now.

Of course this is true. They are a bunch of overly rich, self entitled pond algae. They never consider the people of the nation, over themselves. It is not in their DNA. They are above the law. Any and all laws.

One day, we can only hope these super corrupt, thieving goons are exposed for who they really are, and made to pay a very heavy price for it.  

May the youth prevail, over the highly toxic, dangerous, and dumb dinosaurs. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1